Sign in to follow this  
Roe-31stMEU-

setunitpos and disableAI not work?

Hey, quick question. Does the Setunitpos and disableAI commands not work on civi's? I just tried it with a doctor, trying to make it seem like he is being held captive by some insurgents and he is just standing up at mission start, when I had the command as " This setunitpos "Middle; this disableAI "Move" " but he starts out standing up, and as soon as he notices the enemy standing near by, he goes prone....

unarmed units cannot do stance "middle" (crouched). also you should set his behavior to "careless" that might fix your problem

Hm..... yea, using "This setbehaviour careless" doesnt do anything either.... he still randomly goes prone then standing, then prone again, ect. Can unarmed units do any stances at all? I tried forcing him to just stay prone then instead, and he still stands sometimes lol.... jeeze

setunitpos "up" should work.

Might not. Back in ArmA BIS never changed the civy FSMS to use setUnitPosWeak thus allowing them to override setUnitPos commands. Might not have changed in ArmA 2.

Is there any way around this? I was thinking about setting some damage on him that way to hopefully keep him prone.... dunno yet, havnt tried it yet.

Try setUnitPos "UP"; if that doesn't work. Go with the damage thing.

Setunitpos "UP" doesnt work on the civis for some reason.... done tried that already, along with setting behaviour to careless. Gonna have to try the dammage thing.

I had the same problem in ARMA. For a cutscene a civ kept laying down while talking. Finally I used a switchmove talking animation (long standing animation with hand gestures). This worked. While the animation played, he could not obey his FSM behavior to lay down.

So maybe you can find a good standing animation for arma2 and force him into it.

I wanted to make it so when players teleport to a small bunker, that they would then be crouched, since the roof is low and if the player is in 3rd person view, they wind up being teleported into the bunker and they can't see themselves because the bunker roof blocks their view, so I tried using: player setUnitPos "Middle"; but it doesn't work at all. Is there another way to make this work?

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

Nevermind, I tried using this instead and it works fine now...

_telguy switchMove "amovpknlmstpsraswrfldnon_gear";

The animation doesn't work, but it does switch him to a crouched stance instantly.