Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

ArmA II: Harvest Red; Possible Endings

After watching

, I got to wondering what other ways might ArmA II: Operation Harvest Rest end.

The Way that I found:

Total Victory!: Razor captures Lopotev who is handed over to the Russians and the CDF is victorious in its battle. Razor is welcomed back to the Khe Sanh as heroes.

Ending in Video:

Razor team is ambushed somewhere and all killed. CDF loses. Lopotev becomes Dictator. If anyone knows how to get this one let me know.

About the ending in video:

I got it when the NAPA base in Novy Sobor was overrun. Basically NAPA is ruined, CDF retreated, and your team is moving to a pre-agreed on exfil. point.

Please post other endings but use spoiler tags as not to ruin it for anyone else. I would play threw and try to find them by myself but I have a crap computer and just fighting minor skirmishes in the later missions is a hassle.

Edited by Jakerod

After watching
, I got to wondering what other ways might ArmA II: Operation Harvest Rest end.

The Way that I found:

Total Victory!: Razor captures Lopotev who is handed over to the Russians and the CDF is victorious in its battle. Razor is welcomed back to the Khe Sanh as heroes.

Ending in Video:

Razor team is ambushed somewhere and all killed. CDF loses. Lopotev becomes Dictator. If anyone knows how to get this one let me know.

Please post other endings but use spoiler tags as not to ruin it for anyone else. I would play threw and try to find them by myself but I have a crap computer and just fighting minor skirmishes in the later missions is a hassle.

I got it when the NAPA base in Novy Sobor was overrun. Basically NAPA is ruined, CDF retreated, and your team is moving to a pre-agreed on exfil. point.

It's also a very stupid ending. Wonder which one they'll use in Arrowhead?

It's also a very stupid ending. Wonder which one they'll use in Arrowhead?

I'm sure they'll use the victory one. If you haven't gotten it yet then I would recommend trying. You'll see why when you see it.

Thank you for that info.

Is there a good ending video online as well? I've despaired of ever beating Dogs of War, unless my new laptop magically whisks away the atrocious coding and memory leaks.

Is there a good ending video online as well? I've despaired of ever beating Dogs of War, unless my new laptop magically whisks away the atrocious coding and memory leaks.

I haven't found one.

There is another "failure" ending in which you have lost, but there is a chance of getting a small boat and escaping, but I have not found out what combination of events triggers this ending.

There is another "failure" ending in which you have lost, but there is a chance of getting a small boat and escaping, but I have not found out what combination of events triggers this ending.

I heard about that one too. I was actually just looking through the depboed missions and it appears that there are... 7 possible endings. Although I can't tell what is what from the missions. I did find that one though because I had heard about it and the set-up looks like it would support it.

Why would Lopotev became ruler of the whole country if they just lost Zagoria?

Why would Lopotev became ruler of the whole country if they just lost Zagoria?

Because in that ending they don't lose Zagoria. The CDF and NAPA alliance are never joined. NAPA is wiped out. Razor is ambushed and killed. The MEU never comes back and the CDF are destroyed within the next two years.

One of the other endings is when you go to meet Olegich and talk about some new developments, but then a nuke explodes behind you and you're all killed. Something about the Russians being authorized to use conventional nuclear weapons against Chernarus as they believed USMC forces and the CDF were working to invade Russia. Can't remember how you get it though.

Edit: Here's a video I made of it:

Apologies for the quality. It should improve once YouTube processes it further.

Edited by Zipper5

One of the other endings is when you go to meet Olegich and talk about some new developments, but then a nuke explodes behind you and you're all killed. Something about the Russians being authorized to use conventional nuclear weapons against Chernarus as they believed USMC forces and the CDF were working to invade Russia. Can't remember how you get it though.

I am assuming that one is the one called:

End of All Things... I would also imagine that maybe you get that by bringing Russia into the battle by attacking the airport or something.

Edited by Jakerod

no wai

I am assuming that one is the one called:

End of All Things... I would also imagine that maybe you get that by bringing Russia into the battle by attacking the airport or something.

No, it's called "Revelation". I put a video of it in my original post.

No, it's called "Revelation". I put a video of it in my original post.

I think the file name is end of all things. There is no file that I can see called Revelation and in End of All Things there is a nuke script.

That was a good video though thanks for posting it. I wasn't expecting to actually see the blast. In another BI game they did it where it was just using a fade to white screen.

I heard that ARMA2 HR campaigns contains 7 endings

i saw few of them:

- War that never was

- Missing in action

- End it all (with nuke bomb)

- Rupolation (winning without kill prizrak)

- Setting sail

what are the two more ending that appear in this campaign and how i get them all?

I completed harvest red today with a really weird ending... a CDF colonel thanking Razor team for all the effort and then words saying that prizrak continues to be on the run after many years and Russia and US denied ever participating in this conflict. Chedaki was destroyed by me in the Dog of War mission. Took all their towns, captured lopotev and destroyed their main base. I never killed prizrak and never joined forces with CDF. I was pure and simple NAPA all the way... how come I get an ending that felt like I have been helping the CDF all along?? In fact, I raided CDF towns in Dogs of War too.

Ok, got the name of the ending, called "Newborn Republic".

Edited by jasonnoguchi

I think having 7 endings is a bit overkill. Why not have 2-3 endings and increase the length/quality/testing of the campaign instead?

I posted this in a different thread on another subject as well, but I'm wondering if anyone here can help me. This is the ending(if it is the end) I got, and it freezes up all the time so I don't get to see what happens :(

I went NAPA, killed Prizrak and allied with CDF. I did not play as general(high command) on the last mission. I'm writing this because the choices you make will give you different endings as you probably know, anyway: I captured Lopotev and bring him back to the base. There my general tells me the Russians don't believe Lopotev were behind the Moscow bombing, and that they believe we are coercing him into confessing. Thus the Russians want Lopotev handed over.

This is where it starts to get ugly. I drive over to the Russian rendezvous point and after some time a cutscene starts. A real buggy cutscene, mind you, with some of the conversation lines being out of place and sometimes not playing at all. What happens is you hand over Lopotev, then one of the russian guys is shot and you are appearently ambushed by Spetsnaz(!)

Then when you are supposed to regain control of your character everyone stands in a freezed position like someone had paused the cutscene. You alone can move and kill the Spetsnaz, but nothing happens. Upon pressing Escape and then resuming the game the cutscene starts over and the same thing happens :mad:

Please help if anyone knows how to fix this, I really want to end the game properly and see what happens!

I posted this in a different thread on another subject as well, but I'm wondering if anyone here can help me. This is the ending(if it is the end) I got, and it freezes up all the time so I don't get to see what happens :(

I went NAPA, killed Prizrak and allied with CDF. I did not play as general(high command) on the last mission. I'm writing this because the choices you make will give you different endings as you probably know, anyway: I captured Lopotev and bring him back to the base. There my general tells me the Russians don't believe Lopotev were behind the Moscow bombing, and that they believe we are coercing him into confessing. Thus the Russians want Lopotev handed over.

This is where it starts to get ugly. I drive over to the Russian rendezvous point and after some time a cutscene starts. A real buggy cutscene, mind you, with some of the conversation lines being out of place and sometimes not playing at all. What happens is you hand over Lopotev, then one of the russian guys is shot and you are appearently ambushed by Spetsnaz(!)

Then when you are supposed to regain control of your character everyone stands in a freezed position like someone had paused the cutscene. You alone can move and kill the Spetsnaz, but nothing happens. Upon pressing Escape and then resuming the game the cutscene starts over and the same thing happens :mad:

Please help if anyone knows how to fix this, I really want to end the game properly and see what happens!

That happened to me too. I saved it sometime before the cutscene and just kept reverting back until it got right. I think it screwed up the last time too but I was able to kill the you know who and then it undid the cutscene elements and we all could move again.

That happened to me too. I saved it sometime before the cutscene and just kept reverting back until it got right. I think it screwed up the last time too but I was able to kill the you know who and then it undid the cutscene elements and we all could move again.

Strange, that scene was quite smooth for me. you know who got rescued and then a bunch of you know whats attacked us. we wiped them out and that's it.

Strange, that scene was quite smooth for me. you know who got rescued and then a bunch of you know whats attacked us. we wiped them out and that's it.

I have a terrible computer.

so how you get the happy ending? you just w8 and dont attack the russian base?? Its so annoying you cant get back to an old savegame, seriously bad game design.

so how you get the happy ending? you just w8 and dont attack the russian base?? Its so annoying you cant get back to an old savegame, seriously bad game design.

Err, you're allowed eight in missions saves and can start over at the beginning of any campaign mission.

how? if you complete a chapter all the saves for that chapter seems to go away??

so if you complete the game.. and want to test other endings you basically need to retake all the cities again because you cant access the saves from that specific chapter??

Edited by mmaker

Yes, that's correct. But that's almost the same for every FPS.