Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

ArmA II: Harvest Red; Possible Endings

Here's a

for some of the possible HR endings. I think there are four in there (out of a possible five, so they say. Perhaps the other two aren't used).

Here is a website explaining them.

I think having 7 endings is a bit overkill. Why not have 2-3 endings and increase the length/quality/testing of the campaign instead?

I agree. I already played the campaign a couple of times, but I can't imagine redo almost the same 7 times just to see it all.

The idea of dynamic/branching campaign was nice on paper, but it lead to a lot of problems in the mission design with non-working paths, triggers, dialogues etc... and sometimes weird storytelling depending on whether you had taken one route or the other.

I would have prefered a slightly more fine tuned, cinematic and polished experience with only 2 endings...

I have a terrible computer.

Yep, me too. Hence the problems we both had. I got it finished long since now though, by following your advice! So thanks!

I think having 7 endings is a bit overkill. Why not have 2-3 endings and increase the length/quality/testing of the campaign instead?

Somehow I get the feeling that writing less endings wouldn't radically reduce the number of bugs and glitches.

After watching
, I got to wondering what other ways might ArmA II: Operation Harvest Rest end.

The Way that I found:

Total Victory!: Razor captures Lopotev who is handed over to the Russians and the CDF is victorious in its battle. Razor is welcomed back to the Khe Sanh as heroes.

Ending in Video:

Razor team is ambushed somewhere and all killed. CDF loses. Lopotev becomes Dictator. If anyone knows how to get this one let me know.

Please post other endings but use spoiler tags as not to ruin it for anyone else. I would play threw and try to find them by myself but I have a crap computer and just fighting minor skirmishes in the later missions is a hassle.

You can access all endings whe nyou go the to campaign menue where you see all the campaign missions and use the campaign cheat: Press Shift and Numpad Minus and then type in "campaign" and you have unlocked all missions and endings.

By the way I had the ending where I had to escape by boat in Elektro.

Edited by Helo

Fuck the Endings, after reading this thread and being suffered by trying to finish Dogs of War from last 1 month, I do not feel like finishing/playing this Mission! In fact I was encouraged to start a thread like this http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=99827 I request you all to please check this thread and take part in the Poll.

I seriously think we should all Boycott Operation Arrowhead until Operation Harvest Red is Totally (yes I repeat Totally) bug free / playable. I mean what guaranty BIS is giving us that it will be bug free / playable? I don't want to suffer the same Shit that I've suffered by playing Harvest Red.

I've even decided that I'll not WASTE my money in buying OA unless I am absolutely sure that it is bug free and playable.

I mean the idea of multiple endings is very good idea, but its not worth when things are not working. There should be a permanent solution for all this, how long can we wait?:mad:

Fuck the Endings, after reading this thread and being suffered by trying to finish Dogs of War from last 1 month, I do not feel like finishing/playing this Mission! In fact I was encouraged to start a thread like this http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=99827 I request you all to please check this thread and take part in the Poll.

I seriously think we should all Boycott Operation Arrowhead until Operation Harvest Red is Totally (yes I repeat Totally) bug free / playable. I mean what guaranty BIS is giving us that it will be bug free / playable? I don't want to suffer the same Shit that I've suffered by playing Harvest Red.

I've even decided that I'll not WASTE my money in buying OA unless I am absolutely sure that it is bug free and playable.

I mean the idea of multiple endings is very good idea, but its not worth when things are not working. There should be a permanent solution for all this, how long can we wait?:mad:

The OFP/Arma series has never been about the campaigns, if you're going to boycott Operation Arrowhead over the campaign it's your loss.

You'll miss out on Realistic FLIR, 3 New maps, Laser Sighted Weapons, AH-6X UAVs, Engine Improvments, New Lighting Systems, New Post-Processing Effects, A module that can dynamicly create and name a towns, An improved ALICE module, SCUD Missile launchers, Loads of new weapons, Loads of new vehicles, Scope Zeroing, Improved Sound, And probably a lot more than I just mentioned.

If you bought Arma 2 for the campaign then you have no idea what you're missing. The Editor, Custom Multiplayer Scenarios, Joining a Multiplayer Squad, The hundreads of mods, Missions, Campaigns and addons sitting there in armaholic.

If you were expecting a Linear, Cinematic, Refined COD4-esque campaign, then you bought the wrong product, Arma 2's campaign is almost a side feature/back story to the customisable capability the engine encourages.

Harvest Red was an okay campaign given the engine is 10 years old and BIS aren't flying around in golden private jets like Activision or Blizzard Entertainment.

Also if you haven't already, install the latest patch, explore the other features and join a squad (clan).

If you still hate the game and boycott Arrowhead, this game series isn't for you.

OA will contain engine optimizations and improvements that could well fix quite a few bugs. Also, who buys Arma 2 for the singleplayer prebuilt campaign only?

Medal of Honour is that way ----->

Gawddayum Pavin, you finally cracked? :rolleyes:

I managed to complete the campaign two times completely, getting the best ending, and

the one where you attack the Russians and get nuked,

and it worked fine. There were a couple hiccups, like any mission made for Arma 2 by BIS or the community, but it was smooth. So I'd say you're doing it wrong.

Sorry, you won't find many people here willing to boycott OA. I would say I'm surprised you didn't know that already, but I'm actually not.

Oh, and if you need video proof that it is indeed possible to do, see these YouTube videos.

Edited by Zipper5

Fuck the Endings, after reading this thread and being suffered by trying to finish Dogs of War from last 1 month, I do not feel like finishing/playing this Mission!

Whoah, whoah, wait a fucking minute - is the campaign still bugged to the point of suckage? Shit. I was thinking of picking the game up again, and giving it another go. Screwing around in the Editor is only interesting for so long, and I don't give a shit about multiplayer.

Whoah, whoah, wait a fucking minute - is the campaign still bugged to the point of suckage? Shit. I was thinking of picking the game up again, and giving it another go. Screwing around in the Editor is only interesting for so long, and I don't give a shit about multiplayer.

You don't give a shit about multiplayer in a game that is, essentially, designed for multiplayer? The main component of which -is- the multiplayer?

Jeez.

And not sure if this counts as an ending, but if you just choose to go home after Miles is killed in the warehouse. Chedaki take over completely, MEU fucks up totally, and Cooper leaves the Marines before Takistan.

Go check your head.

Now.

Funny, I finished Harvest Red with the "best" ending (but not seeing a nuclear blast seems a bit of a loss) without too much effort. I left the AI as general but stayed in the base, just bought units, and kept assigning them out to other groups. Also would sometimes load up a chopper, send it to some far off town, unload it, then reassign those units. This seemed to disrupt the enemy from methodically taking and retaking towns.

Finally, for the enemy HQ I loaded up on tanks in my group and drove all the way to their base and took it out. Use time acceleration and gas stations to refuel on the way.