Sign in to follow this  
bktman

Nuclear Bomb Pack

It would be nice if there was an EMP blast that disabled nearby vehicles, would love to see nearby helicopters dropping out of the sky!

cool. any ideas for a mission with this? i know in EVO for A1 and A2 you can call in an ICBM.

a nuke in a suitcase would be cool. it is realistically possible, i know IRL it would leak a lot of radiation and the yield would be quite small, but still enough to take out a small city block.

its a game...

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Im almost positive looking into a nuclear explosion would make blind

It is a game...what is the point of making you go blind. I know this game focuses on realism but that would make the nuke more of a pain in the ass and not worth adding.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

btw release date?

yeah i'm desperate to include the nuke fx into evolution - the deployment scripts are all there, as is a sub-mission I worte for Arma 1 called Extermination, where you have to take out a gang of civilians in a very short time before they detonate a nuke...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1459727#post1459727

there was always a bug in arma 1 - the nuke effects worked clientside to the scud launcher owner, so you drove through a flattened city and your buddies were like "how did you drive throug hthe buildings?" and you're like "what buildings?"

this was great for nailing AI's. I notice it now and again when AI's spray us through fully functioning walls. They clearly can't see that wall, but all the clients can...

just a tip to watch out for.

Edited by eggbeast

how long do you think until you can put up nukes for download on their own, because you really should

hey eggbeast are you dead? whats going on with the mod? any news?

I'll release the script suite version of the nuke in a couple days, with it you can use any object, or array to set off the nuke.

The SCUD truck will probably be released at the same time, but it will only work client side for now, I have my hands full with other things at the moment.

I'll release the script suite version of the nuke in a couple days, with it you can use any object, or array to set off the nuke.

The SCUD truck will probably be released at the same time, but it will only work client side for now, I have my hands full with other things at the moment.

Mainly good but I was expecting MP fun :rolleyes:

I'm going to give the SCUD multiplayer support later on, I'm working on other things right now that I'd rather get done.

When will the scripts be released :bounce12:

I have a great mission idea, but I desperately need nukes to make it.

Client side is OK, I'll just exec the scripts on all clients.

You will be credited of course.

Keep up the good work !!!

Laggy

So any more news on this baby? Apologies if you are still busy.

Yes! Nuke missions for MP... It will be epic...

Any chance you could make them... bigger? In reality it would destroy the whole map of chernarus but since that would be boring it should just destroy 1/4 of the map or something similar.

I'm really shocked to see how many people is interested in reproducing nuclear disasters.

I do not understand, how can you enjoy that in Arma?

You should have at least most good taste...

The war and honor, the respect for enemy and civilians is another thing, is the difference...

Yours is not an exercise of freedom but a sign of low sensitivity and maturity

The indifference of so-called moderators (who are quick to strike for little things) is also regrettable.

I am deeply disgusted.

that's not constructive at all, and oh god...

anyway, i hope the op is still working on this / has the files , since people still want this.

I'm really shocked to see how many people is interested in reproducing nuclear disasters.

The war and honor, the respect for enemy and civilians is another thing, is the difference...

The indifference of so-called moderators (who are quick to strike for little things) is also regrettable.

I am deeply disgusted.

Nuclear weapons are the pinnacle of warfare, it's not at all surprising that people are fascinated by them, their destructive power, and the consequences of their use.

I am deeply disgusted.

Haha wtf? We have a game where we can literally massacre unarmed women and civilians already and you're concerned about this? Besides, who says they can't be used for good? Like a mission where an SF team needs to prevent them from going off?

Your "moral limits" make absolutely no sense. How does making a nuke somehow "cross the line"?

Nuclear weapons are the pinnacle of warfare, it's not at all surprising that people are fascinated by them, their destructive power, and the consequences of their use.

Not really, they are vestiges from the cold war that everybody is too afraid to use. They are the big "I WIN ANYWAY" button that end up only costing civilian lifes in a conflict that never concern them.

Atomic bombs are not worthy of being considered a proper military weapon, it's like using a petrol drill to remove a bad tooth from an otherwise healty mouth.

Edited by DieAngel

I am deeply disgusted.

The first thing I did with OA is open the editor and populate a town full of civilians, animals, and troops... and then levelled everything with artillery, mortars, and airstrikes while watching from a hill close by.

I would love to nuke something too.

When i install it and try to make it different nukes i remember before with the control box thing i could set it to different kinds like one that dose nothing beside blow up and alot of other one's or was that with a different nuke mod