Sign in to follow this  
bktman

Nuclear Bomb Pack

Hey,

I am currently working on a nuclear bomb mod for ArmA 2. I have been working on this project for a while and decided I would post some progress for you guys to look at.

The mod will hopefully byt the end feature:

- GIG SCUD from ArmA:Armed Assault ported to ArmA 2.

- Droppable Nukes from planes.

- Different Nukes to drop from planes and add to your bases for looks. (They will explode if damged.)

- Special Vehicles and Boats used to launch Nuclear Devices.

MEDIA

Videos

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQs3vTyQvAo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQs3vTyQvAo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Images

SCUD Missile Truck

Nuclear Explosion

Credits

- Gigan for his SCUD

- Takko for his DSU Nuclear Device mod

- Myself for everything else

Edited by bktman

Testing was a blast... literally.

Oh, here's that screenie from the movie :D

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9983/nukeh.png
DO NOT HOTLINK PICTURES OVER BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Yeah I know.

I talk too much =|

But seriously, it's a good mod, but I really wish there was a way for you to take out them annoying trees, that can SOMEHOW stand a nuclear blast.

Edited by DeathDoom
You have the right to remain edited. Anything you do (not) say can or will be used against you in a court of the-ban-button.

Testing was a blast... literally.

Oh, here's that screenie from the movie :D

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9983/nukeh.png
DO NOT HOTLINK PICTURES OVER BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Dammit.

I talk too much =|

But seriously, it's a good mod, but I really wish there was a way for you to take out them annoying trees, that can SOMEHOW stand a nuclear blast.

Yes, the trees are annoying, some fall, some don't, not sure why.

Yes, the trees are annoying, some fall, some don't, not sure why.

Have you tried adding more

fruit-punch.jpg

Edited by DeathDoom

Scud launcher! Scud Launcher!, What we need is a SS-27 TopolM, that would be much more fitting for the Russians. Scuds for the Guerillas maybe yes.

Just out of interest, plan on getting GIGAN's 80kt Nuke in there?

I downloaded that recently for Arma 1... man it's sweet... wipes out like half of Sahrani and changes the weather drastically not to mention the clouds being moved by the shockwave... :smiley-evil:

Did you know that there is tomahawk included inside Arma 2?

Maybe you could also integrate it with your mod. It's not working 100% and requires a little bit of work but it is easily solvable

Just out of interest, plan on getting GIGAN's 80kt Nuke in there?

I downloaded that recently for Arma 1... man it's sweet... wipes out like half of Sahrani and changes the weather drastically not to mention the clouds being moved by the shockwave... :smiley-evil:

Yes, the 15kt and 80kt are both in there, if it alters the world as much as the orignial, it should, but I'm not completely sure.

Did you know that there is tomahawk included inside Arma 2?

Maybe you could also integrate it with your mod. It's not working 100% and requires a little bit of work but it is easily solvable

Yes, I am aware of this. The Tomahawk will probably be modified, and changed to be launchable from a ship, or submarine.

Nice Video :) and your work is early.

I will going to create a normal warhead and to send to you.

Different Nukes to drop from planes and add to your bases for looks. (They will explode if damged.)

Remembers me of the Alessandro's Device addon released ages ago.

Good work and good luck,

Edited by Takko

(They will explode if damged.)

Would be a very very poorly designed weapon if this happened IRL...

could you do one in a suitcase so a mission builder can make one as a dirty bomb mission

but love what i see so far

could you do one in a suitcase so a mission builder can make one as a dirty bomb mission

but love what i see so far

A nuke in a suitcase? Maybe something bigger...

I could however make a normal explosion from a suitcase, which would make more sense.

When are you planning releasing it? I can't wait for it anymore and all my missions are missing something... A GOD DAMN NUKE!!! :D They are soooo boring without any nuclear explosion :(. Can't you just post an alpha release or something so we can test it too please?

thank you..

Edited by sgtskywalker

What lightninguk is referring to is the "dirty bomb" concept. A briefcase sized weapon that would create a conventional explosion but shower the area with radioactive and toxic materials.

Loved this in arma 1, can't wait for this. May we get a rough release date? Ready before end of November?

Ruudeness. We need some B61s to drop. Which warhead yield are you trying to recreate?

Lots. I was looking for a B-52 Bomber, or B-1/2 but there are no models available so I might just use a default model and let the community decide if they want a custom model.

As for a release date, everything is done, just looking for some models to add, if there are none to be found I should expect it within a week or two.

.....so I might just use a default model and let the community decide if they want a custom model.

I think that would be the best idea. Also, someone else may come up with a Bomber model to use.