Sign in to follow this  
st!gar

Anyone else actually getting more errors post-1.03?

I contemplated, at first, putting this in the "Official Missions"-section. The reason for this is that a number of the reported problems concern the Red Harvest campaign, as well as some of the Scenario-missions. But seeing as the troubles I'm experiencing goes beyond the single-player experience as a whole, I decided to put it here.

To start with the beginning; back in the previous version, I never saw all that many of the much reported bugs and scripting errors when playing either Harvest Red or the Scenarios. I pretty much figured that this was simply because I hadn't really gotten that far out in the campaign yet. At the time patch 1.03 arrived, I had just completed the early mission where...

We got captured by a CDF traitor and Miles got executed...

...Which was around mission 3, or so. Although I had reached mission 4 - allegedly the first large mission in the campaign - I had not yet gotten around to actually start playing it. I had, however, played several of the Scenarios, but not all. I was afraid that some of the missions might be containing spoilers for the campaign storyline, among other things.

Anyways; seeing as one of the main features of the patch was said to be the fixing of certain campaign issues, and that you'd apparently need to restart the campaign in order for it to work as intended, I went ahead and did just that; starting all over from mission 1.

Several things just went wrong from there on.

I mission 1, when we...

...had landed in the village, the doc we were supposed to rescue was dead when we got to him. For no apparent reason. Then, at the end of the mission, I was told to mark some targets on the beach below. When that was done, the mission just never ended.

In mission 2...

...After we had made it out of the woods and met up with Shaftoe, the mission never ended. It did when I restarted, but the cutscene that was supposed to show, never came.

In mission 3, everything went generally fine, although there were some pre-scripted conversations I expected to show that never came. Maybe I had just remembered wrong, though. :confused: Of course; it didn't exactly help that urban AI pathfinding seemed to have gone down the tube since the last version. (See below.)

Also, the Scenario missions I tried also contained a lot of scripting mess-ups. "Eye for an Eye" had lots of conversations coming either delayed, too early, at the same time, or not at all. "Counterattack" was just one big nasty mess of conversations not going anywhere, cutscenes "forgetting" to appear, things that didn't happen when they were supposed to, people that weren't where they were supposed to be, and the final part of the mission was completely botched. In short, the whole mission was broken, no matter how many times I re-played it.

And let me not forget all the little niggles that showed up out of nowhere - The FPS getting notably lowered, me getting a freaky, weird error message saying "Sound Counter not found." in the time/date screen that shows up in-between campaign levels, and the AI getting slightly dumber.

Urban control is a nightmare. The AI squadmates that are supposed to be in formation always lag far behind you, usually becoming separated from you and each other by buildings and thus end up doing stupid stuff. I can't even count the number of times when the AI ended up causing me to lose the game in the "Eye for an Eye" -scenario mission, where they'd rush headlong into an enemy position and end up getting themselves shredded by machine gun bullets, usually for no reason at all.

Like me having ordered them to move two metres to the left, and they'd respond by running in a huge circle around a building, straight into an enemy MG nest and get massacered. You know something is really fucking wrong in a game where a simple "move slightly forward" -order is way too complicated for the AI to handle. And I'm willing to swear most of these problems weren't in the earlier version(s)!

So my question is: Are anyone else getting this? Or is it simply something wrong with my game? Would you recommend me simply reinstalling the whole shebang alltogether? :confused: I know other people are experiencing issues with the new version as well, and I'm even having issues that weren't even there before! What's going on?

Any help and/or info would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by St!gar