Sign in to follow this  
Goeth

Sound Of War v1.0

@ is only used to sort out all modfolders on top, its not needed. The important thing is that the modfolder name is spelled the same in the "-mod=" line.

Ok thanks then i was always miss informed

I'm not sure why you felt the need to argue for bringing modularity up again.

Don't read more into what I wrote than what I did. If you feel my post to be argumentative when it's not, when you say we're bugging the author of the sound mod when he's more than capable of speaking for himself, that's a problem for yourself and not me. I spoke my peace as I'm free to do. If you disagree then you are more than free to do so. End of story. Now let's get back on topic, shall we.

Gunshots in this game are no where near as high-fi as they ought to be in my opinion. There's no kick, not enough use of bass.
I pretty much agree - in terms of "kick" at least. I'd prefer it if shooting an AR for an hour straight made you pee blood. :D

Unfortunately, that's not reality. Often, in real life, weapon sounds are not that impressive - but they are obviously of greater volume than we can simulate in a game. IMHO, the most important sounds in the game are the M4/M16/AK47 sounds because that's what you hear most all of the time. If I mod wimps out on those, I'll have to pass on it.

Looking forward to trying your mod, Goeth. Thanks for the effort. IMHO, no other mod can have the impact on your gameplay in Arma than a good sound mod.

I tell you one of my favorite parts of this mod--being at a distance and hearing the sonic cracks and the explosions. A few times I've actually caught myself ducking a bit physically when I start hearing these cracks, lol.

Gunshots in this game are no where near as high-fi as they ought to be in my opinion. There's no kick, not enough use of bass.

I wholeheartedly agree. I WANT TO USE MY SUBS MORE! :)

I like it, but it hasn't captured the essence of the A-10. So, I am over riding SOW with the Hi-Fi A10. :p

P.s. Rockets and booms sound nice.

I can't connect to my favourite server with this mod on...is there nothing I can do except hope that they accept the mod in the future or something like that? or is there a key and where do I need to place it?

Goeth

Very nice mod, thank you! If you are planning to do v 1.1 - please replace the sound of AK-74 ( or Ak-107) with default sound of AKM. Thank you again!

AKM = 7.62, AK74 = 5.45

Honestly I have never heard an AK74 in RL, but because of the different caliber I guess they sound different?

I can't connect to my favourite server with this mod on...is there nothing I can do except hope that they accept the mod in the future or something like that? or is there a key and where do I need to place it?

Ask youre favourite server (admin) if he wants to install the key of SoW so you could connect.

Li0n there´s definetly 1.1 coming, i just can´t give exact date but yes it´s coming. And thank´s for the feedback everyone.

First thing i need to do is to boost up the sounds since 1.04 patch lowered the volumes somehow.

I hope its modular?

Don't say that word, some people around here don't like you bringing it up. ;)

@Goeth Glad to hear about 1.1. I've enjoyed SOW since it was released, so my ears will look forward to your v1.1 release in the future for sure. ;)

Edited by Yokhanan

Goeth, nice to know about the 1.1 ^^

Hope to see AK-47 sound diferent from AK-74, since they arent some caliber.

If they dont sound the same on game...so my sound card must sux :$

SOW is the best Sound Mod for ArmA II.

Ty very much for this :)

Modular is definatelly what would be best. The possibility to mix soundmods is really the modern way now. being able to use for example MarkXIII's aircraft sounds mixed with Goeths small arms sounds and VOP2's ground vehicle sounds is really appealing and IMO the best way pleasing many/everyone. :)

Im using SOW with unreleased air from MarkXIII. :) Since aircrafts wasnt made by Goeth it fits nicely. But if SOW would have had air sounds in it i wouldnt have been able to do as i do now. Im having 53 different high power GBU impact sounds and JSF powerful engine/startup/shutdown wich all sounds bloody amazing. Wouldnt change that for the world.

So please Goeth if you can - make it modular.

Alex

hey SOW is by far my all around favorite sound mod, however the M134 sound is rather lacking. it doesn't sound quite as scary as it should i think. not that i've ever used one irl, but still if that one sound was improved it would be awesome. here are some vids for reference.

wiry7ysVA9Y

LvHMbN_epe4

thanks for the great mod!

So is this modular or not? I uninstalled Vopsound's excellent explosions because I didn't like the bullet cracks. I need some rain sounds as well.

Is this the latest version ?

Is this the latest version ?

Its not only the latest and greatest, but also the only existing so far :p