Sign in to follow this  
Goeth

Sound Of War v1.0

Excellent sound mod ! great work

The best one so far IMO.

Maybe one thing : the M16 suffer lower volume if you compare to machine guns sounds, maybe you could consider to crank it up a little bit for your next release.

Thank you again.

Read the thread, or atleast the posts above...

Nice! :cool:

thanks, didnt know that.

also, my missions from before wont load in the editor because i was using vop sound. is there anyway to use them w/o deleting the line for vop in the mission.sqm? that would be a pain

Nope, but it's an easy fix with NotePad.

I'm liking this sound mod so far, but the A-10 was unplayablely loud inside. Not sure I'm a fan of the M4/M16 sounds and as unique as the SMAW is I miss my whoosh.

Tank sounds were neat though, especially the 'echo' if you happened to be far away thing.

Edited by kylania

thanks, didnt know that.

also, my missions from before wont load in the editor because i was using vop sound. is there anyway to use them w/o deleting the line for vop in the mission.sqm? that would be a pain

As Kylania said there is no other way, and in addition to that, never ever have ANY mod active when making missions, unless you intend for that mod/addon to be a requirement (like additional vehicles, weapons or map objects)

Excellent sound mod. It's very much like the sounds for the FDF mod in ArmA, hence why I like it so much. Thanks Goeth.

Nice even if since 1.03 i can't shoot a burst without loosing my hearing in a "pschiiiiiiiiiishiiiiiiiiichiiiiiiiiiiiiipshciiiiiiii" thing ..

Anyway it's kinda cool, thank you. Just hope that BiS will fix this and make all other sounds follow speed of sound rules, that's a rare case but it looks like community can't fix it. Having only explosion sounds delayed with distance definitely ain't good.

Edited by dunedain

What is the compatibility like with existing sound mods?

It's working great with TRSM, RH Heli sounds and HiFi A-10 (using this setup myself).

Dunno about using it with VopSound, but I expect that if you'd load VopSound it will overwrite Sound of War.

Funny that was the first thing i thought of when i started to read this topic.

So the sound files for SOW are the same as for VOP? If so which one is better. did anybody tested that?

I tested VOP and SOW now at the same time. And it seems SOW overwrites VOPSound whereever it is possible.

I will do a larger test later, to find out what is overwritten exactly ...

I tested VOP and SOW now at the same time. And it seems SOW overwrites VOPSound whereever it is possible.

I will do a larger test later, to find out what is overwritten exactly ...

Depends on in which order you load them. The one loaded last will overwrite the other.

Dude good mod but YOU HAVE GOT to bring back the swooooosh after fireing a javelin at least. I dont know about the SMAW but thats just the way the javelin sounds in RL. The missle shot out the tube, engine ignites, "SWOOOOOSH" o the target. for the sake of realism. Other than that good mod. Maybe some more distance to gunshots.

Depends on in which order you load them. The one loaded last will overwrite the other.

You answered well according to your name :P

mod=@SOWmod;@VisualCProper;@SGE;@LandTex;@FPSHelper1.21;@VopSound_2.1;@CBA_v0-1-3

This is my Commandline, and as u can see SOW is loaded first^^

But nevertheless im going to deactivate SOW, i think. Because those Sounds are maybe very cool, but not realistic. As you can see/listen to in every youtube vid with real gunfire :)

the sounds are realy cool ...i love the impact sounds ...but the sounds from AT4 and rocketlaunchers are to soft this musst be louder and stronger can you see here

or here
:)

while using the M249 SAW i ear a sound that i believe it needs to be fixed because its as if the sound in the end have a peak in the volume. Please delete that extra peak that destroys the immersion of the game sound.

Keep it up the good work! ;)

not going to download this without a preview

sorry , but if you had time enough for the little sound of war image you have time enough to make a youtube video showing content

Thank for the feedback and suggestions guys. Sorry about about the lack of video but 1.03 fucked up my Arma II sounds so that i can´t even play.

Does this sound mod retain the new ArmA 2 sound features such as a seperate rotor clapping noise?

For some weird reasons, i'm unable to instal it, it says something about some corrupted archives, I tryed to download it again but got the same messages.

I get the same crap with and only with vopsound, every other .rar archives unrar just fine :confused:

Wasn't this proven as a myth? I'm under the impression that they're loaded in the order that best satisfies all requiredAddons dependencies.

For example: mod1 has mod2 in its requiredAddons. The order in the shortcut doesn't matter, mod2 will always be loaded before mod1.

sorry , but if you had time enough for the little sound of war image you have time enough to make a youtube video showing content

Im sorry but that is damn rude. If you knew how much time and work there is behind a soundmod you might have commented differently. Asking Goeth to spend even more time than he has just because you want to be persuaded is not that cool. Making a video showing off an addon that replaces hundreds of sounds isnt going to take a little time either. And comparing an image to a video?

Way faster my friend to download (some minutes) and play. Experience it first hand and make up your mind from that.

EDIT: Fincuan, Thats how it is in some situations, but the order is also true in other. I dont know how that works (config stuff), but having played OFP, ArmA1 -> i can tell you mod order does matter in some situations. When we loaded in the wrong order it didnt work/show/be heard. Dont know how it is in ARMA2 though if this is changed. But its not a myth.

Alex

Seriously, who are you to waltz in and throw orders around? Do you even know how difficult and time consuming creating a sound modification can be--all the endless hours finding, tweaking, testing, fine tuning and retesting, etc? That's not even taking into account the headache of configuration editing and any bug fixing.

Sure having a video would be nice, but then again its one thing to watch a video and another to fully experience it first hand. So get off your lazy @$$ and just download it like the rest of us and try it if you want to. If not, then tough on you and you lose out. Don't come into people's threads throwing orders around. That's just downright rude, for cryin' out loud. It doesn't take much effort and will power to press a link and download. I swear, some people can be so damn lazy, sometimes. Argh! :mad:

Edited by Yokhanan

Might I step in and suggest a "happy medium" ...

Someone else make a youtube clip if they like ... or, someone simply record a battle and save to MP3 as audio and shove that onto zshare which will stream it.

But yes, no need to bark orders at folk.