DOWNLOAD from armed-assault.de

DOWNLOAD from SW Depot

SoW key file for server admins

ArmA II - Sound of War features

-------------------------------

- All explosion sounds changed.

- More bullet hit sounds.

- All weapon sounds changed.

- Incoming sounds for artillery module projectiles.

- Movement sounds changed. (footsteps & gear)

- Some nature sounds changed.

- Thunder sounds changed.

- Forest sounds changed.

- Rain sounds changed and added more variety.

- Added sounds to animations such as, salute, evasive rolling and climbing over obstacle.

ps. If someone could provide mirror it would be appreciated.

Thanks for the mirror Mr Burns

Edited by Goeth

Outstanding !! Can't wait to try this one...:coop:

Just curious? is this like a spin off of FDF/new FDF version as such?:D

Knowing your an FDF member.

Gonna try em now!:cool:

Will check this out thanks!

BTW its very cool that in ARMA2 we can have as many impact sounds as we want. So explosions can be like 30 different of each class. Kind of cool. Lots of work to accomplish many sounds that sound alike but different for each class hehe. But we will get away from the 1 explosion sound only a la ARMA2 stock. :)

Alex

ok i got it working and it sounds sweet, but the installation scared the crap outta me. im using the steam version with the linebackers launcher and after i added the @ to the modfolder and tried to launch the game i kept getting a application launch unknown error and arma 2 would not start. had to redo the install path for the launcher and it works now, but ive never had this problem before with any other mod. maybe a .7z file with just the @mod folder inside would be simpler than an installer?

So who is gonna post a youtube video? Btw, good job on the first post, you even included a separate link for bikeys.

maybe a .7z file with just the @mod folder inside would be simpler than an installer?

You can rename the file to end with .rar instead of .exe and use the oldschool way installing it ;)

Hey cool, looking forward to giving it a whirl! :D

Not downloading without a preview.

I'm sure you can afford the time and bandwidth to download 72.2MB of sounds to try yourself ;)

then dont make a post in this thread! we dont want to knw who doesnt want to download it.

Anyways this mod is ourstanding i like it imo. Maybe will make a video but ive got very very crapy gfx as my 8800 GTX died on me last month and i have 7600 GT in replacement atm haha

Tested out the artillery and the incoming sound is great. However it really could need more impact sounds. I fired for effect and i heared only 2? explosion sound. So it sounds very repetitive. ARMA2 can handle a lot of impact sounds per class as i understand it (MarkXIII has 50+ of the GBU where all have same flavour but with different aftermath: rubble, crackles, trailoffs). So more variants of the same kind of explosion sound would be awesome.

Tested a bunch of rifles and they sounded real good So good initial effort indeed! Just more variations in explosions (same explosion ((class)) with more sounds) would be great now that we have the chance in ARMA2. :)

Thanks

Alex

Nice work, but how does it hold up against the concurrency?

Tested some more and in a huge fight (ACM full force) it sounds very nice. :)

Im just so pissed with ARMA's sound engine not being able to play enough sounds at the same time... Arty pounding and some gun fire plus a vehicle driving will block out my rifle sound and footsteps. Just so sad.

Gear and footsteps sounds were also great. Good work.

Alex

Went with headphones and WOW!

Lots of bang and it feels "present". Feels like its all happening there so to speak. I miss jets screaming when passing (not edited in this soundmod so far). If those were new as well it would feel quite complete. Gear/foot sounds when moving is real good. Bang and all that comes with it when talking about explosions and impacts are as well real good.

I set up again a full force ACM to test it and it was amazing. Real good work on this. Enhance it some more please with jet (behind/directional) scream sounds and it will be even better. Good work.

Alex

You can rename the file to end with .rar instead of .exe and use the oldschool way installing it ;)

Or just right click and extract.

Was hoping to be able to add some of the sounds rather than all of them but i'll have a play with it anyway and see if it's a 'keeper' :)

Yeah, I'd prefer to have the sounds separated into individual packets because there are some default sounds that I really enjoy.

Yeah, I'd prefer to have the sounds separated into individual packets because there are some default sounds that I really enjoy.

It is at that point you should delve a little deeper into arma modding, you can write your own config using the sounds you want with some effort.

thanks, didnt know that.

also, my missions from before wont load in the editor because i was using vop sound. is there anyway to use them w/o deleting the line for vop in the mission.sqm? that would be a pain

I don't like the fact that i have to use an .exe file to install this mod. I'am against these kinda installations, i prefer to do it.

Can we have a .rar or .7zip file as an alternative please?

I don't like the fact that i have to use an .exe file to install this mod. I'am against these kinda installations, i prefer to do it.

Can we have a .rar or .7zip file as an alternative please?

I felt the same way but you can drag the addons folder out of the installed directory and put it in your ArmA 2 directory.

Or you can rename the file to .rar

Read the thread, or atleast the posts above...