Sign in to follow this  
I.like.Pwnies

Your questions to the Devs regarding the expansion

Don't give away too much of the engine changes. I'd rather be happily excited about unknown stuff that makes it, than unhappy about stuff I knew about that didn't make it (again).

But please fill us in when released :)

Will they make a version for the console!

Threads with discussion / no questions removed and infractions sent.

Really... there's a guy nice enough to collect questions for the devs and certain people have nothing better to do then ignoring his post and screwing up.

AVIBIRD 1

Repeating the stuff 7 times doesn't get you more attention. In fact if that would be my question list I would have ignored your post now.

"Is a 64-bit version possible, especially since more and more people are adopting 64-bit OS' and have 4GB of RAM or more? "

THIS above.... IS THE most important question asked so far in this thread.... I myself am going Win 7, and have 8 gigs of ram that I wanna utilize.

As well:

please ask if they can remove any fps caps if there is infact 1. Thx.

Will Bigfoot be playable?

No, wait.

How large is the new terrain? Is it based on an actual area like Chernarus? That worked out very well for Arma2, IMO.

I also, of course, would like a list of new equipment to be introduced.

- Will ArmA II AH be based on Directx 10 system?

- How do you envisage to increase the performance?

- Would you finally get ride of some 8 years old bugs?

Many thanks,

Regards,

TB

My questions would be...

1/ "Saves in coop games - will it work?"

2/ "Will ai targeting still be frustrating?" - ie. through trees ,bushes,houses,mountains...

3/ "Will I have to be patient and wait for a few months while they patch it up

so any new bugs are sorted, after paying for the expansion?"

4/ "Why are you even considering this..........?"

....at least sort the campaign bugs etc for people who can't enjoy online, and the non-working coop modes for the campaign, the uber ai, and the broken save system before trying to screw more money out of people.

I seem to have had a few beers and run out of patience...not good as I'm a very patient man.

using Resistance as a reference, I have questions like...

will any of the multiplayer systems be drastically changed? like netcode? browser? mission setup gui? admin tools? anti-cheat?

Will BIS playtest the campaign?

(please, not another abortion like Red Harvest)

Can BIS consider adding community content to this expansion that improve gameplay, like Object drawing distance tweak

Will ArmA II AH have the updated vehicles from OFP? Such as the AH-64 Longbow, UH-60L Black Hawk, OH-58D Kiowa Warrior, and CH-47 Chinook.

Will there be a larger map?

Edited by ScorpionGuard

to what degree do original arma 2 and OA interact? for example, can OA units be used in Chernarus and can Arma 2 mods be loaded in OA with copying them all to a new directory?

-Will the terrain resolution be higher, feature micro terrain details?

-Will there be streams or dry riverbeds?

-Will there be weapon resting on objetcs?

-Will the movement system feature "verical leaning" (other than the current workaround solution)?

-Will AI be conscious of their role and act differently depending on it (e.g. machinegunner acts differently than rifleman)?

Thanks and looking forward to news of the show.

cool thread!

-Will the mission editor get updated to a more user friendly, drop down menu for scripts/actions rather than scripting.

-Is there any development on the mission editor as it hasnt seen any changes since Arma 1

-Is there any development twards the slow loading textures and CPU heavy AI on campaigns. (seems like maybe code issues, heavy textures in citys and AI combine to crush fps and smoothness/gameplay)

Edited by tractorking

will we finally get interesting, fun and bugfree singleplayer campaign???

That is my question too. Will the addon be bug free (I mean playable - not like the main game)?

Only time will tell. Meanwhile you can entertain yourself by trying to make a sentence out of the following: E B A T P E I T N! ;)

I'd like to know if the content of the game that is working will be documented when Opertion Arrowhead is released. I'm thinking of modules, templates for MP missions and scripting examples showing new ways to use the ArmA2 specific commands. I enjoy the sandbox approach to gaming. But playing in the sand is a lot more fun if the box has well defined borders.

Oh, and don't forget to mention: I'm nevertheless looking forward to the release...

:bounce3:

Thanks for starting the thread. I hope you'll get enough time to talk with BIS! Here is my question:

Are there any plans to make a final patch for ArmA1? If so, what will be patched and when can we expect it?

Only time will tell. Meanwhile you can entertain yourself by trying to make a sentence out of the following: E B A T P E I T N! ;)

I'd like to know if the content of the game that is working will be documented when Opertion Arrowhead is released. I'm thinking of modules, templates for MP missions and scripting examples showing new ways to use the ArmA2 specific commands. I enjoy the sandbox approach to gaming. But playing in the sand is a lot more fun if the box has well defined borders.

Oh, and don't forget to mention: I'm nevertheless looking forward to the release...

:bounce3:

Patience is a virtue :p

My questions Are:

Will this be a completely new game? As in, will it add loads of new features to Arma 2, or will it just be a new campaign with a few weapons, but we still get charged for it?

Could we expect to see more fluid movements and realistic physics?

Is this actually some sort of top secret release thats going to be as groundbreaking as flashpoint 1, and Arma 2 was simply a distraction?

:p

When are they going to look at AI awareness improvements?

(So they don't run passed you turn around and start firing on you)

Is the physics engine going to get overhauled?

-Will there be any other forces on the West side other than US, like UK forces and other European factions.

-Will there be anymore weapons, vehicles added that were cancled projects like the XM8 was added, maybe we could see the RAH-66 and any others that I dont know that someone else does that would be a cool unit to have.

-Mooarr Physics?

-Wil we see some better engine optimization?

Threads with discussion / no questions removed and infractions sent.

Really... there's a guy nice enough to collect questions for the devs and certain people have nothing better to do then ignoring his post and screwing up.

AVIBIRD 1

Repeating the stuff 7 times doesn't get you more attention. In fact if that would be my question list I would have ignored your post now.

WOLLE I am trying to keep the hope alive with the console community but you guys and bohemia make this very hard to do. With each new week more and more console players are turning away from this game but I am still here trying to support BOHEMIA and show them there is a market but it's hard with no help from you guys.

Whatever WOLLE! it was only six times lol.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

WOLLE I am trying to keep the hope alive with the console community but you guys and bohemia make this very hard to do. With each new week more and more console players are turning away from this game but I am still here trying to support BOHEMIA and show them there is a market but it's hard with no help from you guys.

Don't you see a point being made with that...?

Im wondering this.. "How Much Will It Cost???".

The expansion pack im talking about.

will this be released in the US retail? That is the thing that prevented me from buying QG, and I hope to not encounter the same issue here.

will we have the apache,the kiowa,the chinook,and the little bird,i know some people have made mods of them,just wondering if they will be included in game or will we still need to use the mods.i would love to use this equipment in PVP,but as they are only mods i have not seen them on any PVP servers.