Sign in to follow this  
I.like.Pwnies

Your questions to the Devs regarding the expansion

OK, guys, i´ll be a trade visitor on tomorrows gamescom (biggest game convention in europe) and i might have the chance to ask some question to IDEA Games and the makers of ArmA2 and the Arrowhead Expansion. If i´m lucky enough to interview them, you´ll be able to read it here or at different ArmA2 fansites.

What are your serious questions regarding ArmA2 and especially the expansion?

Moderator Addition: as this post says : Serious questions to the developers only - no discussions, no pointless questions, no ranting and no BI bashing.

Edited by W0lle

Although it seems an obvious one, will Arrowhead incude western forces beyond the US, as possibly implied by Ohara?

Will Arrowhead by one of a series of expansions using the ArmA 2 engine?

- Is there going to be a functional flir system out of the box (everything has heat based textures)

-Will the game have Functional IR lasers (peq units) like in vbs2?

-Will we be able to have flashlights/IR illuminators

-Is the terrain based on afghanistan and its mountians? or is it more of a desert.

I'd be interested to know more about who (among BIS and other devs in IDEA games) has been/will be working on it.

1.Who is doing the campaign and what experience are they aiming for as opposed to the free flow Harvest Red format?

2.How large is the portion of Takistan we will get and can we count on the arrid surroundings to be more system friendly?

3.Release date ( :p )

4. Will they somehow automate the inlcusion of ArmA II content for those that have it to encourage people who own it that Arrowhead will be just a huge expansion pack for them?

5. What are the features that Arrowhead will sport that were left out of ArmA II for scedule reasons they are most proud of / looking forward to show?

6. Are we there yet?

1.Who is doing the campaign and what experience are they aiming for as opposed to the free flow Harvest Red format?

2.How large is the portion of Takistan we will get and can we count on the arrid surroundings to be more system friendly?

3.Release date ( :p )

4. Will they somehow automate the inlcusion of ArmA II content for those that have it to encourage people who own it that Arrowhead will be just a huge expansion pack for them?

5. What are the features that Arrowhead will sport that were left out of ArmA II for scedule reasons they are most proud of / looking forward to show?

6. Are we there yet?

:yeahthat:

Also, assuming it will also be released on Steam (with original ArmA 2), will it make use of more Steam features?

Try to ask them how performance will be compared to ArmA 2 and if the system requirements will stay the same. Also maybe ask if they have plans to further optimize ArmA 2.

I am 110% percent sure that Arrowhead will use the same engine, maybe with few changes, but core will be the same.

I think his question was if Arrowhead was the first of a series of expansions...

My five cents are:

-will the future patches/expansions include other parts of Chernarus?

-will OA include serious engine changes: ex. armor hit system, flares/ECM?

-if the "west" side will be represented by US Army, what it would be: "stryker" brigades or some infantry divisions on Bradleys/M113?

Will we have to beta test it aswell.

Public beta testing is essential for any game of this scope (especially considering the size of BIS). I'm pretty sure they announced this about future ArmA patches... so I'd imagine it also applies to Arrowhead.

Id like to know if the enemy will be the typical Taliban look alikes or if there will be something more complex better armed like some fictional middle east army?

And the usual question i have to ask:

Will there be russians in it ^^

They won't be Russian, but they will look and fight like Russians, and drive Russian vehicles... :p

Which reminds me. Will Arrowhead's campaign be similiar to OFP's CWC such that you play multiple people (each with different roles, ex: infantryman, tanker, pilot, etc...) and/or Resistance where you have to manage all your weapons and men?

OK, guys, i´ll be a trade visitor on tomorrows gamescom (biggest game convention in europe) and i might have the chance to ask some question to IDEA Games and the makers of ArmA2 and the Arrowhead Expansion. If i´m lucky enough to interview them, you´ll be able to read it here or at different ArmA2 fansites.

What are your serious questions regarding ArmA2 and especially the expansion?

Addition: as this post says : Serious questions to the developers only - no discussions, no pointless questions, no ranting and no BI bashing.

You need to Email me to arrange a meeting time: Placebo@bistudio.com

You need to Email me to arrange a meeting time: Placebo@bistudio.com

Humm, you told me to email michal@idea :rolleyes:

As now it might be to late to arrange a non-business guy into there, my questions as follows:

- What will the really new features be in OA?

- Will the ammo/mag bug for weapons with dual sights be fixed?

- Is VBS2 FLIR (or better) included?

edit:

- Will it have proper physics implementation for units/corpses &/or vehicles?

- Will walking in and shooting from cargo positions be possible?

- Will we finally get tank fire control systems?

- Will the hitpoint system for tanks be changed for some real penetration values?!

Maybe more to come...need to think

Edited by Mr Burns

Humm, you told me to email michal@idea :rolleyes:

That was before the event, it's started now ;)

I didn't read any of the questions already posted. I have a huge headache and it's difficult, so hopefully this hasn't already been asked:

Arma II was originally announced to be released for a console, but we've heard little news since then. Have those plans moved to the expansion?

Id like to know if the enemy will be the typical Taliban look alikes or if there will be something more complex better armed like some fictional middle east army?

And the usual question i have to ask:

If u want a better armed mid-east army, then the question to ask is - Will the Iranians be in it?

Another question:

What are the reasons to release it as a stand alone game instead of an Arma 2 addon?

Will there be Co-op in Arrowhead's campaign?

If so, will saves in Coop work better and be far more stable by then compared to our experience in Red Harvert's Coop saves?

Will the campaign be free roaming open world like Red Harvest?

How will Arrowhead's open world experience be different than in Red Harvest?

-It will be more like Resistance (or you buy, or you´re "out" from the REAL game) or is more like Queens Gambit (some nice additions,mainly in the SP part, but not mandatory) ?

-Any idea about the price? Full\ Standart Expansion\ Like some downloable content for others games.

-Distribution around the world (I guess this one is more with the publishers, but..), digital only, full box and stuff? Any "Gold" Edition?

something similar to that in a2 already. was playing warfare last night in an m1a2. in gunner seat i could right click on a target and the gun would move to the correct elevation

the same think is in a T-72/90 and T-34 they shoudent have this.

will their be finely a difference between the units and equipment(time to deploy/weight) vehicles(car/Tanks) tactics of units?and not only a new skin and different hitpoints.and the ai is using them.

will their be a interior in vehicles that is functenal? optics,windows,DOORS<-- exclusive hint for bohemia give us doors that work in APC/tanks next evolution in gaming??!!?!!!???

will their be a damage model thats not based on hitpoints for infantry, cars/tanks, air units?

working helicopter weapons helifers that follow a laisser from a cobra or a hind/frogfod (yes they have also laisser gidet weapons)laisser range finders auto range flir a gunner that is needed for operating weapons and not how its now a one man show and and and.

Will their be a AI that is recognising its environment

(not driving own PPL over get stuck in City's woods or drive in own tanks/cars, reco that they are in a minefield and not walking/driving suicide like in the same direction,recognising own and enemy dead units so they get not in obvious traps)

will their be louder in m1 tanks that loud the ammo and on order get to the mg and dont is only staic?

will ther be a operation flashpoint like camapain, or a arma 2 like (C&C)

Will the system requirements be higher/lower or the same as ArmA II's?

Voice acting... can we expect any changes in this area?

-Will the 3d version of the editor be expanded on?

-Will the shotgun get any buckshot rounds available?

-Can we expect more modules for the editor? If so, what?

-Is a 64-bit version possible, especially since more and more people are adopting 64-bit OS' and have 4GB of RAM or more?

Something close to my heart here:

-Will the sound engine be looked over during creation of Op.ArrowHead? Thinking about adding more voices (more sounds being able to play at the same time). Right now when your in combat your rifle sounds disapears, your footsteps might go away, your engine sound is gone. It destroys immersion quite a lot at times.

Since there was core engine things being worked on for Op.ArrowHead i was just wondering if the sound engine will be looked at as well.

The other sound issues i hope will come in patches.

Alex