Sign in to follow this  
myshaak

Silent Hunter 5 announced!

Looks great, hope the gameplay is even better. I just wish that the water doesn't kill computers. Water is normally a good source for that sort of work.

isnt that voice over reverend ray mcall from call of juarez?

isnt that voice over reverend ray mcall from call of juarez?

Sounds like Nomad from Crysis to me.

This looks interesting to me, i never really played the original Silent Hunter games, basically because it didnt feel very 'personal' to me with just steering your boat through the water.

I am an infantry-only guy mostly, so using vehicles isnt one of the things i really enjoy. But being able to walk through the U-boat and talking to your crew is the feature that makes it a lot more interesting for me.

It would be awesome to stand inside your U-boat looking at the expressions of your men looking up in fear of the depth-bombs coming down.

That would make it so immersive and give me a feeling of 'being there', something i never have with such games.

Seems like I'm one of the few who enjoyed the pacific then... Anyway looking forward to patrol the atlantic again.

The Pacific theatre just doesn't appeal to me whether it be on land, sea or air.

For example, I really like Clint Eastwood's films but the only one I really couldn't get into was "Flags of our Fathers". I'm sure it was a great film, but I had lost interest after about 20 minutes and that had everything to do with the subject of the film and not the quality.

SH 5 sure does look good :)

Eth

Edited by BangTail

I loved SH3, but i can't help but wonder what SH5 will bring compared to SH3 besides prettier graphics ?

I should say what can SH5 bring what SH3 already did actually .

I am still learning how to get the data i need to score a hit in realism mode, after all i drop the game for more then 10 years

I am not into U-boat stuff too, dunno why, yet the Pacific theatre fit my taste, and IMO sunking japs is more fun then sunking yanks, maybe thats because SH1 is the first sim game for me?

Looking forward to this.

Lets hope they don't dumb down anything or make the germans speak english like in that trailer.

I don't expect much of it with the current state of the industry, but I still hope for the best. SH3 is still one of the best, I didn't like SH4 for a while but when I got used to the new features it sure grew on me.

I just wait and see, that trailer felt to cinematic, that doesn't bode well.

This is great news for me, I really liked SH3, even though I never finished my campaign because of studies and other games, and SH4 I skipped alltogether.

Now however this has placed itself on the top three list of 'must have' titles for me. The new improvements and especially the fps view and a totally accessible submarine sounds really nice.

If it turns out great then it is a game that I can see myself spending alot of time with, especially since it falls into the 'cozy-sp' category, which means I can just submerge comfortably while going off to eat dinner, or sit back and relax while playing.

I like games that require planning and have quiet moments :)

Besides having me totally confused whether or not that was a US or German sub at the begining (there better be a voice option in this), I'd say I'm looking forward to seeing this game in action. I loved SH3 and it is the same developer, so there should be hope for this one. Unless they crash dive as they did for SH4.. :i:

lol You are so right. They could have simply hired someone to speak English that has a noticeable German accent.

Proper Milkcow- and Wolfpack features come into mind.

Proper multiplay would be awesome indeed. Never took off with the other SH games unfortunately.

Sinking a battleship with high realism in SH4 was pretty nice.

Spot convoy. Save. Sail in front of convoy and wait a half day at 60m depth. Go up when destroyers have passed. Save. Periscope up. Save. Calculate fireing solution. Save.

Then fire 4 torpedos. One always miss or is a dud.

Back full and turn 180 degrees. Save. Calculate fireing solution in a milliesec. Fire the 4 aft torpedos. Superdive to max depth and shut off engine. I you were lucky and scored 6 hits on diffrent places on it's broadside, then maybe the ship flipped and sunk. :D

Hi all,

I recently bought SH3 for 6 euros, later i found that this game have starforce. ¿Someone knows if there is any way to remove this protection? (Not talking about cracks, just if there is an official patch that removes this "virus")

Hey guys,

Ubisoft released a fair amount of new info and screens.. including a video of an engine demonstration. Check the official forums here.

sh5visualimprovement2.jpg

UssaI9OJZ50

Hey folks,

another new video, this one presents the dynamic campaign called "Battle of the Atlantic". There are a few glipses of what the roaming inside the sub will look like and how you can interact with certain instruments (navigation map, periscope).

R7OgsW8ZuXY

OMG!

The graphics are just stunning!

In the more realistic difficult settings previously the external camera can't be used, and already in SH 3 you kind of not wanted to be that realistic.

And now?, never hehe!

Anyone else got a little "wait, that's Northern Sahrani" feeling of the Malta setting?

I wonder which monster of a computer that will be needed to run this game tho'.

For more info I recommend you to check this thread. It's a weekly updated thread with developer's Q&A, there is a couple of very nice pieces of information.

Can't wait for this :) I love managing to pull off a perfect torpedo strike with no computer aids :) (well auto turned off anyway)

Subsim

Diskussion

also

Ubisoft Drops PC DRM, Takes Everything Online

What are they trying to accomplish with crapola DRM schemes like this anyway - other than drive away potential customers. :mad:

Another stupid decision by the bean counters.

This is especially true when it comes to niche games like Silent Hunter. There is absolutely NO way I will buy this game because of this draconian nonsense.

I bite the bullet with ED (Black Shark, Lomac) even though they insist on using StarFarce. Their games are just that good that I make an exception but there is NO FUCKING WAY that I am going to support a game that forces me to be online for SP.

It seems Ubisuck hasn't learned their lesson when it comes to intrusive protection schemes.

I bite the bullet with ED (Black Shark, Lomac) even though they insist on using StarFarce. Their games are just that good that I make an exception but there is NO FUCKING WAY that I am going to support a game that forces me to be online for SP.

Same. I wasn't excited about the idea of getting Black Shark or Flaming Cliffs because they used Star Force, but honestly, I was missing out on some really awesome simming from the only company that seems to operate in the high fidelity combat flight sim genre anymore. After biting the bullet and having purchased and owned both for a while, I can say it wasn't a big deal, even if it wasn't the ideal solution (from a customer standpoint). When/if I decide to build a cockpit pod, I know I can have an offline computer running it which is dedicated for the task without being forced online and all that garbage.

I drew the line at being forced online to play singleplayer games. For instance, I refuse to have anything to do with Rise of Flight because it does just that. I wound up purchasing Over Flanders Fields instead, since it's actually customer-friendly. I don't care if it's better or worse than ROF regarding anything, because I know I'll never play RoF since the company that developed it considers all their customers as criminals in waiting. If OFF didn't exist, I'd likely have forgotten about WWI flight simulation altogether.

I'd happily ditch gaming/simming as a hobby entirely if everything that came out required such asinine DRM/connection to operate. After all, I still have my Falcon 4.0 CD from 1998 and it still fucking WORKS, and I've used it to install OpenFalcon, which I still play. I'm grateful for this.

I think I can live with that.

The game is genuinely good and developed for the PC and my laptop would literally choke to death if I installed that game on it.

Perhaps someone will make an "offline"-mod or UBI come to their senses later on.