Sign in to follow this  
NutzMcKracken

ArmA 2 Screenshots in Windows 7??

Not a major one, but unable to take screenshots via normal methods from XP. When I hit Ctrl+ PrntScreen I get what's in the background (desktop) while running the game.

Is there a way to make screenshots? Was there a way in Vista? Is this a game issue or a windows issue? :confused:

Oh I even tried mapping the snipping tool to a button on my mouse, it wants to still take shots of my desktop while in game!

Thanks!

Intresting.....

I'd believe it being a Windows deal....I posted to see if anyone found another way to do it without a 3rd party app.

Time to dig up my FRAPS and upgrade.....anyone have any issues with Windows 7 x64, FRAPS & ArmA 2?:j:

fraps is nice and easy to use(just take care that you don't assign buttons that could conflict with your ArmA2 designated ones!).

afterwards you can enjoy both pics and vids(handy for making after-game repports!)

Thing is, Print Screen worked in Win Vista 64, then installed Win 7 64 on same hardware, and just get the desktop.

Cheers

GC

Fraps works fine on Win7 64, and does a much better job than printscreen. You'll be fine :)

Yea FRAPS seems to be the answer for now.

But here's a tip, in Windows 7 you can browse to the EXE, go to its properties and then go to the Compatibility tab. Go to the box that states "Disable Desktop composition" and "Disable Visual Themes", check these two boxes. For some they might see a visible performance increase one and you might be able to take screenshots.

I'm at work right now so not able to test to reinforce this, but I believe I was able to make a standard screenshot using this method this past weekend playing around with those options.

But FRAPS does this easier though on the other hand as it will deposit the screenshot into a directory then have to "paste" the screenshot on paint or other.