Sign in to follow this  
gachopin

MH-53E addon released

vary vary nice work:omg: Looking forward to seeing some good old skins keep it up the good work.

Looks very nice gonna try it out. How did you configure the flight behaviour ? Did you just make the handling slower and harder because this is a big helicopter or did you watch the flight behaviour in movies or maybe even flew the helicopter in real life ? Maybe someone who did or flew it in a good simulator could help you. Because I am more curious about having the real flight feeling of that helicopter instead of perfect look. When there's is no difference in the flight behaviour between MH53E and ... lets say a Black Hawk, there would be no reason to fly this one...

Sry for bad english ;-)

Edited by Cionara

wow...thank you...thank you..so much, can you please make this for a1 too, or could you please.....grant me permissions too port to arma1? if not thats no problem, ill just enjoy it from the pics....great addon im glad sum one released a ch-53..even if its only for a2..great job bud...

Just finished having a look at it :) It's a brilliant modell! Just like other people said before. Make it less shiny and improve the flight model. It's very very good that there aren't any errors in the RPT file!

Maybe you could automize the gear? Just like the ArmA I Ka-50 did.

The engine sound doesn't match the MH-53 right now. Take a hear here. I guess it'll be hard to get good and free sounds. But I'm confident you can do it :)

Except for that, great work! :yay:

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

I'm no Marine, but I love this bird thanks a lot man!

Looks very nice. It does need the shine reduction, maybe add a little wear and tare to it, or make two seperate skins, IE the HMMV looks a little bit dirty (exhaust areas and such). It also rolls really easy, it doesn't feel like I'm flying a huge chopper, give it more weight, make it harder to turn and the such.

Nice to see someone else is working on it. I have been modeling this one for the last few weeks.

h-53_progress_8_9_09_007.gif

Yours is the navy one, and I am doing the marine one. I am hoping to finish the modeling this Sunday and hopefully turn it out in the next two weeks. (At least a beta for testing)

How do you get the ramp to open with a trigger, I am using

Heli animate ["Ani_Ramp,1"];

doesnt seem to want to work

Just noticed that the rivets on your normal map are inversed.

Your rivets appear as holes instead of bumps. When you have a moment, you should make them white/light on your bumpmap instead of black/dark (as it's probably the case).

Good work though.

Nice to see someone else is working on it. I have been modeling this one for the last few weeks.

h-53_progress_8_9_09_007.gif

Yours is the navy one, and I am doing the marine one. I am hoping to finish the modeling this Sunday and hopefully turn it out in the next two weeks. (At least a beta for testing)

Hey bud, when u do the Marine one maybe you can put a turret on the actual ramp like most of these heavy helos are configured. Also in reference to this one, the 2 lamps on the front are odd as Iv never seen a CH-53E with that but still great. More realistic physics, turret, less shine and sound mod would put this beauty over the top.

Just finished having a look at it :) It's a brilliant modell! Just like other people said before. Make it less shiny and improve the flight model. It's very very good that there aren't any errors in the RPT file!

Maybe you could automize the gear? Just like the ArmA I Ka-50 did.

The engine sound doesn't match the MH-53 right now. Take a hear . I guess it'll be hard to get good and free sounds. But I'm confident you can do it :)

Except for that, great work! :yay:

I second that! I would also suggest a method to Fold and Unfold Helo manually. Great Model, looking forward to the update.

It feels like I'm flying a huey. If you can fix that and shine then it will be excellent chopper.

Yea it flys too easily as said before, try to get advice from someone who has experience with this chopper out of sims or real life, maybe he can help with the flight behaviour.

why not have a look at the chinock config i would guess it would fly a bit like that or the rksl pumA

OR ASK RKSL

see if he can help ,but my expertise is in ground warfare as i am a 15 year vet of british army ,so sorry i could not help

I updated MH53E v1.1. :)

mh53e_0820.jpg

version 1.1

- Fixed main rotor position

- New texture and smdi texture(include detail texture definition)

- Some sounds added by Sgt.Elias / Yag

- Gear down/up automatically(deleted action menu)

- Fixed shadow lod

Download

Height isn't displayed correctly when hovering, because of road way LOD.

RAF Chinook seems has same probrem.

But I don't want to delete roadway LOD, so this problem isn't fix.

>MonsterXXX

how to fold rotor wing:

[this] exec "\USMC_MH53E\script\MH53fold.sqs"

how to spread rotor wing:

[this] exec "\USMC_MH53E\script\MH53spread.sqs" or engine "on" or choose action "spread rotor-blade"

how to open ramp:

this animate ["door_cargo", 0.3];this animate ["door_cargo2",1];

how to close ramp:

this animate ["door_cargo", 0];this animate ["door_cargo2",0];

Btw, next release I'll make Icon and change moving more heavyer ASAP. ;)

>MonsterXXX

how to fold rotor wing:

[this] exec "\USMC_MH53E\script\MH53fold.sqs"

how to spread rotor wing:

[this] exec "\USMC_MH53E\script\MH53spread.sqs" or engine "on" or choose action "spread rotor-blade"

how to open ramp:

this animate ["door_cargo", 0.3];this animate ["door_cargo2",1];

how to close ramp:

this animate ["door_cargo", 0];this animate ["door_cargo2",0];

Btw, next release I'll make Icon and change moving more heavyer ASAP. ;)

To Gachopin,

Thank you for big help!:notworthy:

The rotors still vibrate a little and the gear up/gear down sound is too loud imho.

>Snake Man

I understand , thank you.

I'll change file name and folder name next release.