Sign in to follow this  
gachopin

MH-53E addon released

im actually working on that now, but im too new to be adding guns, but i do learn from trial n error so look out..some lead maybe coming out the bird sooner then you think..lol

and if i get emm working it will be a m240's for the usn\usmc ones...and m134 or m2's for the usaf one

p.s. gachopin re-sent me the addons fixed..so look out there close too, also there will be bonus textures included(dark green for the usaf) and the original but havily updated (dark grey for the usn one) and once i fix them more they will be in a pack! useing his tag-names to keep it simple for me to continue to work on them!

im actually working on that now, but im too new to be adding guns, but i do learn from trial n error so look out..some lead maybe coming out the bird sooner then you think..lol

and if i get emm working it will be a m240's for the usn\usmc ones...and m134 or m2's for the usaf one

p.s. gachopin re-sent me the addons fixed..so look out there close too, also there will be bonus textures included(dark green for the usaf) and the original but havily updated (dark grey for the usn one) and once i fix them more they will be in a pack! useing his tag-names to keep it simple for me to continue to work on them!

Excellent work really looking forward to the update. I did successfully use this for the CRRC Drop! Very Cool!

Excellent work really looking forward to the update. I did successfully use this for the CRRC Drop! Very Cool!

cool man, many new updates too come...including guns!!! i added a M2 machinegun on the cargo ramp, and M249s to the forward front windows! more updates are: the usaf one will have the extra fuel tanks on the sides, and the usaf, and usmc ones will have the proper size wheelhouse's\float's! and the usaf one will have the proper window\door lay out(bigger side window doors, and the small window in the middle..thanks to gachopin!)

the pack will also come with 2 different usaf paint scemes, standerd blueish grey and dark green! the usn one will come with 2 also, standerd blueish grey and the original dark bluishgrey(original release skin, with updated detail to match that of the new usaf ones by me)! and the usmc scemes are still in the works, just really need to replace usn markings with usmc ones to make finish the skin, and maby just for fun another paint sceme for the usmc one, in future releases.....if any one has any suggestions post a pic! and i made really nice demo missions to go with the helos, infact they can be just as fun as a normal mission! and it uses all the helos scripts...and im doing a mission where ur a seal team and a usn mh53e flys low over the water...opens ramp...and out you guys go in a crrc...it will have all scripts built into the mission!

more news later!

Dave,

Edited by soldier2390

really looking forward to it :D

maybe got any ETA?

thanks, hmm i cant give you a ETA yet , and even tho i keep saying...its coming soon, and all that. once i fix something i learn something new, and am able to fix something else or add something! but it is coming along great tho! but i'd say a few days...too a week or so!

Awesome addon! Just I hope the M249 on the sides was a typo. Hope we at least get some 240's as I don't think I've ever seen a 249 used as a gunner weapon.(unless were talking about Blackwater USA)

Awesome addon! Just I hope the M249 on the sides was a typo. Hope we at least get some 240's as I don't think I've ever seen a 249 used as a gunner weapon.(unless were talking about Blackwater USA)

yeah..i know! oh wait...i was gonna say i dont have a m240 vehicle mounted one..but i just remembered i do(on my seahawks)! but just let us get these out first then ill change them! maby with a m134 on the ramp door of one of them too!

well the "original" texture, is the one that is off of this helo form the updated release! which is topas's texture right? so yeah that texture(version) will be included!

Didnt catch what you mean with "well the "original" texture, is the one that is off of this helo form the updated release! which is topas's texture right?" , but the last part sounds good "so yeah that texture(version) will be included!". :)

Was thinking of this one: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1413656&postcount=55

Looking forward to the update.

Alex

oh i didnt even know that was it? looks great topas...if he did that to the original one, then he can do wonders on my textures when we release this pack! so topas if you want to fix up mine more(as im still very new to all this modeling) that would be great! but yeah sure...this one will be added in the pack for sure!!

this addon looks just awesome!

i havent had time to read all 14 pages, so please forgive me if it have been asked already:

could you add a tailgun? if so, than please add an m134 7,62mm gatling gun to the ch-53 (marines).

looking forward to an answer/release.

Would be really nice to see this on all servers, its at least as good as BIS's seahawk.

Could serve as a heavy lifter to get tanks into battle, that would be nice.

The MH-53E is a heavy-lift helo and in real life, there's no way it can lift a tank (Abrams, Challenger, Leopard). Since the US Navy are the primary users of this bird, it should reflect that (USN).

ok..no worrys i understand how much it sucks to have to read alll the pages..so to clear things up..im sure alot of ppl think this is my addon....its not! im just a freindly comunity member who belives everyone desivers to have fun! that is why i put so much of my hard earned time into updateing these!

Will it have guns?....Yes as i stated in the last few posts...iv already added the guns(few dif. versions...ones with m2s on the cargo ramp door, ones with m249s(which will be replaced with m240s), and versions with both!...i still dont know there lay outs yet, but will probly be: usaf=m2's\and m249's...usn=m249s...usmc=m2's\and m249's! now i may replace m2's with m134's on a version or two! also said befor some versions have the re-fuel probe i made! and the usaf and usmc ones will have the proper wheelhouse\spooners on the sides..and not the hugh ones the us navy uses!

so yes that anwsers another question..will they be different versions? yeah...usaf\usmc\and the usn!

will they have different paint jobs?..yes..the usaf one has a dark green color, that even my CSAR unit used when i was in the usaf, so for those of yous who say its not realistic...it accually is!

the usmc one with have the standerd us aircraft light bluish\grey..same for the usaf one, and the new navy ones!

the usn one will have the original textures, plus my new ones! i hope that helps everyone...also to come..thanks to my buddy EMERY, these will have a script to carry cargo...like rocket's usec c-130! and i will also add FLIR and other cool scripts!

Plz keep it to a healthy number of types ingame and not 20 versions :D

It's nice that you added a gun on the ramp door.

I read some information and it said the MH53E is equipped with 2 window mounted XM218 machine guns and a gatling mounted on the ramp.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/CH-53E_Super_Stallion (at the bottom)

I just want two/maybe 4 realistic versions, not 20 versions with every single ingame weapon attached to the helicopter.

But that's my oppinion. Keep the good work up :D

Edited by Cionara

yeah no worrys, i cant have much versions anyways..that is if i plan to use them..and i do! like i said in my last post..the number of versions...and how they are equipped is undetermined yet! just wait till me and gachopin gets it done, then we'll work out how many and with what they have!

no problem! also i tho i would throw this in, i got a XM218 that my freind made, and i got permission to use it! ill add that instead on m240's on the navy ones!

damn... after all i´ve read so far ive got to say:

this is going to be one hell of an addon.

fuel probes are awesome!

external gastanks are a must have!

but a tailgunner with an m134 takes it on another level - for me.

bohemia should add this one with a patch, or at least add it to arrowhead.

i was so dissapointed when i realised that there is no ch-53E in arma 2(damn ospray!)....

that was the main reason for waiting three to four months (cant remember anymore...) to get arma 2 - to get a good ch-53E addon for the marines :D

thanks for your work!

The MH-53E is a heavy-lift helo and in real life, there's no way it can lift a tank (Abrams, Challenger, Leopard). Since the US Navy are the primary users of this bird, it should reflect that (USN).

is it possible to lift humvee or light APC with this big flying thing? :bounce3:

Edited by camus25555

Would be really nice to see this on all servers, its at least as good as BIS's seahawk.

Could serve as a heavy lifter to get tanks into battle, that would be nice.

I think your in luck. I know EMERYS fast attack buggy's comes with this helicopter (I think he got the base model by this guy). Where you can drive the buggy in and transport it faster.

Anyhoo, EMERY gave the ACE2 team green lights to include it into their full conversion mod ACE2. In ArmA1 when ACE came out it was used by EVERYONE on ALL servers (close anyway). So when ACE2 hits the streets im pretty sure (not 100 though) that this will be in there. :)

Alex