Sign in to follow this  
oktane

FIX for 'sideToggle' popup error when you join MP server

THIS IS FOR STEAM USERS ONLY

This fixes the error you get about missing file when you are in the slot selection screen. It also is an improved interface. This is an official BIS file so you are not technically modifying your game by installing it. It just didn't make it in the STEAM patch for some reason. If you need to put it back to stock for some reason, just delete the files and put back the .bak's you made.

The error is No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayerSetup/controls/CA_B_West.sideToggle'.

* Close the game

* Go to your ArmA2 directory in Windows Explorer

* Enter the 'Addons' directory, where all the BIS pbo's are

* Rename the two files ui.pbo and ui.pbo.bi.bisign to ui.pbo.bak and ui.pbo.bi.bisign.bak **if you cannot see the file extensions .pbo and .bisign then see below to enable file extensions

* Download the files listed below and extract them into the same directory. (you should not be asked to overwrite)

* You should no longer get the error.

DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jqytjztnwj2

(Thanks to Helious for download link)

**To enable file extensions:

* Click Start, Click Control Panel

* Double click 'Folder Options'

* Click the View tab on the window that just opened

* Under the large list of 'Advanced Options', find 'Hide extensions for known file types' and uncheck that box.

* Click OK and resume the instructions

Original Thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1406117#post1406117

Bug: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/3432

Thanks to ViperMaul, [ice] and Helious

Edited by oktane

This works somewhat but I loose my AA setting in the graphics options and I get a new error message at startup that is looking for a splash screen that is missing.

oktane why not making a simple config tweak instead of replacing the whole file?

This is bad as it will break patching for noobs, while a tiny separate addon can do the

job just fine (as long as the server allows non BI files at all).

(as long as the server allows non BI files at all).

You answered your own question. :) Any decent server is going to have sig checks on.

This doesn't break patching if the users put the old file back before they patch. That's why they make a backup. Besides that, steam users can 'verify game files' very easily and fix any problems. I'd agree with you if this was for the DVD version, but its not. Steam is robust and will fix 'incorrect' files come patch time.

I wound make an addon but I haven't had the time to dick around with getting 1.02 and doing a diff. And then it would have to be signed, and distributed. People still would not be able to play on certain servers who didn't have my server key, etc.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

This works somewhat but I loose my AA setting in the graphics options and I get a new error message at startup that is looking for a splash screen that is missing.

Hello.

I would suggest you not use the fixed files then, but thanks for reporting the issue. Can you tell me your region so I can update the first post? (what country is your steam version from?)

I am not missing any screens or anything, I use the US Steam version. The files files between regions are usually different in small ways.

Edited by oktane