Sign in to follow this  
R34P3R

Need help with SmokeShellGreen...

Hi there...

i need to create a Green Smoke like a Smokegrenade... so i used the following in my Script:

_smoke = createVehicle ["SmokeShellGreen",[(_Pos select 0),(_Pos select 1),0],[],0,"NONE"];

But there only came one little Smokepuff and thats all...

Thx fo your help.

_smokePot = "Fuel_can" createVehicle (getPos player);
[_smokePot, [0.4,0.8,0.4]] spawn {
_sh=_this select 0;
_col=_this select 1;
_c1=_col select 0;
_c2=_col select 1;
_c3=_col select 2;

sleep (3+random 1);

_source = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal getpos _sh;
_source setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal", 16, 7, 48], "", "Billboard", 1, 20, [0, 0, 0], [0.2, 0.1, 0.1], 0, 1.277, 1, 0.025, [0.1, 2, 6], [[_c1, _c2, _c3, 0.2], [_c1, _c2, _c3, 0.05], [_c1, _c2, _c3, 0]], [1.5,0.5], 1, 0.04, "", "", _sh];
_source setParticleRandom [2, [0, 0, 0], [0.25, 0.25, 0.25], 0, 0.5, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0, 10];
_source setDropInterval 0.03;
_source2 = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal getpos _sh;
_source2 setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal", 16, 12, 8, 0], "", "Billboard", 1, 20, [0, 0, 0], [0.2, 0.1, 0.1], 0, 1.277, 1, 0.025, [0.1, 2, 6], [[_c1, _c2, _c3, 1], [_c1, _c2, _c3, 0.5], [_c1, _c2, _c3, 0]], [0.2], 1, 0.04, "", "", _sh];
_source2 setParticleRandom [2, [0, 0, 0], [0.25, 0.25, 0.25], 0, 0.5, [0, 0, 0, 0.2], 0, 0, 360];
_source2 setDropInterval 0.03;
};

Then just delete the _smokePot object when you want it to stop.

Works fine.... THX

Edited by R34P3R

Well hi there, didnt feel the need to make a new thread so here goes.

I have been trying to get kylania's script to work but I have no idea how to implement it into my mission. Could you provide a small guide or set of simple instructions of how to add it? sorry but im a noob at scripting but I want to learn :)

thanks in advance

What situation are you needing the smoke to appear Andy? Someone throwing it, or it always being there, or appearing at a certain time or condition? Depending on how you need it to appear could change how we create it.

Sorry for the late reply, ive been trying to get it to work so that as my helicopter gets to a waypoint it will pop smoke on my target helipad. I can pretty much work it out with one example of how to impelement it.

At first I tried to make a script in my mission folder called smoke.sqs with the above code, after that I put this line into the Init of my helipad

[this] exec "smoke.sqs"

and it didnt work, I also tried

[This,0] exec "smoke.sqs"

and that didnt work either, so if you can understand what im trying to say can you help? :)

p.s. Also i tried the script from Mr Murrays Arma Editing guide but thats not working as I assume the code is not used in ArmA2??

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

bump :O

Edited by Andy455
Add something

Actually a friend of mine came up with a more MP version of this, when I get home I'll post it. It's way easier than this :)