Sign in to follow this  
1508AD

Operation Sabre (SP)

Havent finished it yet. Nice atmoshphere so far, but I miss a medic in my team against those rare stray bullets that seem to hit me! ;)

Hello.

I like this one especialy for a background of the operation.

However I have a problem with soldier no. 3.

It reports no ammo. I've sent him to rearm just before starting with heli. He did that but once we landed, he yaws again 'no ammo'. I've sent him to some BRM or so to rearm - the same. I give him an order to pickup some weapons from dead soldiers but still nothing happens. For a while "the 3rd" is in normal state but after a few secs he's going to be red and reports no ammo. :(

I'm actually new to this game (played a bit in OFP) so maybe I'm missed something.

Played this through on veteran - Going to try it on expert tomorrow. I have nothing but good things to say about this mission, absolutley adore the background and the general detail provided in the briefing. I also like the concept of fighting with a small group equipped in a less than ideal way - Adds another dimension to the mission when you have to scavenge enemy weapons and supplies to get that extra range or extra capability.

Looking forward to more missions from you - The general atmosphere of the mission was ace as everything else.

Looking forward to trying this one!probably be wednesday when I get chance so im setting that night aside :D

Hello.

I like this one especialy for a background of the operation.

However I have a problem with soldier no. 3.

It reports no ammo. I've sent him to rearm just before starting with heli. He did that but once we landed, he yaws again 'no ammo'. I've sent him to some BRM or so to rearm - the same. I give him an order to pickup some weapons from dead soldiers but still nothing happens. For a while "the 3rd" is in normal state but after a few secs he's going to be red and reports no ammo. :(

I'm actually new to this game (played a bit in OFP) so maybe I'm missed something.

I can honestly say i have never seen this issue, I would suggest restarting the mission.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Played this through on veteran - Going to try it on expert tomorrow. I have nothing but good things to say about this mission, absolutley adore the background and the general detail provided in the briefing. I also like the concept of fighting with a small group equipped in a less than ideal way - Adds another dimension to the mission when you have to scavenge enemy weapons and supplies to get that extra range or extra capability.

Looking forward to more missions from you - The general atmosphere of the mission was ace as everything else.

Thanks for the kind words GoOb, Ill be releasing another mission in about a fortnight, its about 70 percent at the moment.

Just finished this on regular difficulty. Loved it, many thanks 1508AD, as mentioned the atmosphere was perfect, and the mission was a good length for me.

Will this work for multiplayer? Or can be easily modified? It'd be perfect for playing with my housemates (four of us) over the LAN, small team co-op is very fun.

Edited by Tim.A

I can pm a lan version if your still interested, did you want it for only 4 players and 1 ai or just 4 players?

Very kind, thanks. A version with just 4 human players would be great.

I love the atmosphere, the ongoing combat, sounds, time of day etc. However one thing that bothered me a little was that MY APC's and choppers destroyed almost everything before I got there. I personally think maybe you should tone it down a little with the ambience, remove a friendly AI mass destruction unit of some kind or reduce it's ability or give the enemy some AA or something. The base and general were wiped out 100% by friendly AI, do you intend for that possibility?

Yes i understand, however sometimes the Mi24's and BMP's are taken out early meaning that everything needs to be completed by your patrol.

The mission never plays the same twice.

I have the steam version of Arma 2. Could someone tell me where to put the mission file?

I have the steam version of Arma 2. Could someone tell me where to put the mission file?

Answer from armaholic forums: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=57517#57517

OK , I finally figured it out and I wanted to post this to hopefully help anyone else who has same question. For the Steam version the Arma 2 folders are going to be found in the Steam folder. To get to it you will open Steam , then open SteamApps , and finally open folder labeled Common. Arma 2 folder should be there and open that up and you will find addons folder, missions folder etc....

And in case you don't know what to do after finding your ArmA2 folder:

U have to extract the pbo file to your ArmA2\MPMissions or ArmA2\Missions or ArmA2\Campaigns folders depending of the type of mission (Multiplayer, Singleplayer or Campaign) and then start your game and you should find them there. For multiplayer u have to create your own server ingame to be able to see them. For SP u find them where you find the original ones.

If you download them from armaholic in the page info there is an installation section with the info.

from this topic: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82845

Edited by Big

Played this one a little bit and got killed without figuring out who was shooting me. Friendlies starting firing and then half my squad was instantly dead. Was fun up until there though =). I'll work on it some more and give you a opinion.

Seems the link is dead as it only opens lots of cryptic text for me, am i the only one who has that?

If you mean the one in the first post: rightclick and save as...

Seems the link is dead as it only opens lots of cryptic text for me, am i the only one who has that?

An two post below there is another link from armaholic which works fine.

Tim A,

Pm sent with 4 Player Lan version as requested.

My 2nd attempt ended in the transport heli exploding 5 seconds after dropping off my squad and killing everyone but me and one other, who are left horribly wounded. I will make a third attempt soon =)

Thank you for this enjoyable mission!

I was lucky, because the AI took care of most objectives, so that my patrol just had to survive and destroy the helicopter next to the field hospital.