Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios: ArmA2.PBO and Countermeasures Released

How about sharing which ones were the culprit? There's probably a bunch of us that may be using the same ones.... plus RKSL and crew probably want to know, as well as the authors of the respective AddOns.

i am trying to find it out....

This is a very smart "trick" to simulate a target aquiring system, and it seems pretty effective.

I am sorry, I can't test it with the crappy computer i'm using right now, but can't wait to do so, this addon is purely awsome !

I really hope the using of this addon will become something common online, it would be so great if it was included in the next crCTI :D

I would like so much that BIS get inspired by that addon of addons or even include it in the next patch.

Arma 2 lacks soOooo much that kind of immersive things, like a real aiming system for the tanks.

...anyway, thank you RKSL Studios for your hard work !

Edited by Zeinger

Man, I just started a twelve hour shift, and now I'm becoming impatient...I can't wait to go home and try this out!

Abs

This is a very smart "trick" to simulate a target aquiring system, and it seems pretty effective.

I am sorry, I can't test it with the crappy computer i'm using right now, but can't wait to do so, this addon is purely awsome !

I really hope the using of this addon will become something common online, it would be so great if it was included in the next crCTI :D

I would like so much that BIS get inspired by that addon of addons or even include it in the next patch.

Arma 2 lacks soOooo much that kind of immersive things, like a real aiming system for the tanks.

...anyway, thank you RKSL Studios for your hard work !

People tend to say that but I'd rather not see most of the stuff people have been asking for in a patch. RKSL countermeasures is a great example why BIS shouldn't bother with such obviously needed but not utterly necessary aspects of the game that some people argue should be included right out the box.

Countermeasures, Tank FCS, etc. would've been nice if it was included by BIS but there's so much they could put into a game that if BIS tried it would take a lot longer for a release. One thing is for sure, if BIS didn't include it the community will probably supply it. Although some people want it immediately the beauty of a game like A2 is the ever evolving and lastly play. Most likely someone will get on a much need aspect of the game and produce a much better system then BIS could. Again the RKSL stuff is a great example of this. I doubt even if BIS included countermeasures immediately, it would no doubt be no where near as rockin' as these CM's. And I'd bet on it that someone is probably working on an FCS system as we speak. We just don't know it. The one from A1 probably would've been better, more compatible and ready to port to A2 unfortunately it took us over a year to get in contact with NWD to make sure there was permission to expand on his original work. Someone tracked him down only a few months ago and last I heard they were continuing the work. I'm pretty sure they're still around too.

It just goes to show that good things come to those who wait.

God damn these things have changed the game completely. Helis are actually worth a damn again. :yay::yay::yay:

Edited by Manzilla

lol, looks like you ruined BIS's suprise for arrowhead :P

People tend to say that but I'd rather not see most of the stuff people have [...]mn again. :yay::yay::yay:

Well I get your point, but I can't agree.

For me this is an utterly necessary feature as whithout it, piloting a chopter or a plane totaly s## : you are in a copter, the guy below has a stinger and has decided to kill you ? there is NOTHING you can do about it, exept to pray for someone to kill him before he shoots.

BIS has no excuses not including such a feature in the game : it was already developped, so no developping time, or very few, with the EULA thing they don't even have to ask for permission; and also, doesn't this game untitled "the utimate military simulator" ?

Furthermore including this kind of work in a patch would allow everyboy to enjoy it in all mutliplayer games : not only a few guys who downloaded it when playing a mission includiding it on a server allowing it ...

Let's be honnest : the probabilities for us to play with this one day in a multiplayer games like CTIs are approaching zero.

Hold on, tested with the SU-34 , there is no warning or flares equiped

lol, looks like you ruined BIS's suprise for arrowhead :P

lol, I was thinking the same :D

And a big thank you to the RKSL team ofcourse! Top quality stuff as always!

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hold on, tested with the SU-34 , there is no warning or flares equiped

What other addons are you using? Try it without any other addons and see if it works. If we can find out which addon is conflicting we can probably fix it.

Ive spoken directly to 14 people now and they all have no problems. So anyone that has any issues please let us know!

What other addons are you using? Try it without any other addons and see if it works. If we can find out which addon is conflicting we can probably fix it.

Ive spoken directly to 14 people now and they all have no problems. So anyone that has any issues please let us know!

Looks like CBA is confcliting with it. When CBA is loaded, Su-34 doesn't deploy flares at all.

Without CBA it's working just alright.

Looks like CBA is confcliting with it. When CBA is loaded, Su-34 doesn't deploy flares at all.

RKSL ArmA2 Addon is using legacy (built-in) arma2 eventhandlers. These eventhandlers do not allow multiplexing.

The Extended EventHandlers (XEH, incl in CBA) system takes care of this, but it is not used by RKSL atm.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Thanks i can confirm that now. We're looking into it.

Wasn't aware that the Extended EventHandler was officaly released for Arma2. Didn't see any Extended Event Handler thread. If it is then we will support it, as we did with Arma1.

But for the time being what uses CBA? We would like to see how the flares work with just the vanilla Arma2 and MP. We can add support (if required) for the Extended Event Handler once we have enough to warrant an update.

So could someone let us know what they can't do without CBA, so we can better plan the updates.

Cheers

Fn Great mod RKSL boys! I can confirm when running all my mods that the A10 and SU-34 dont dump flares! Everything else is fine!

Once again GREAT work! flying is fun again :P

Wasn't aware that the Extended EventHandler was officaly released for Arma2. Didn't see any Extended Event Handler thread. If it is then we will support it, as we did with Arma1.

But for the time being what uses CBA? We would like to see how the flares work with just the vanilla Arma2 and MP. We can add support (if required) for the Extended Event Handler once we have enough to warrant an update.

So could someone let us know what they can't do without CBA, so we can better plan the updates.

Cheers

Tnx UNN.

Essentially there is no requirement for CBA. CBA is a vision and set of addons, some might like it, some might not, thats a choice.

XEH is part of CBA, but there is no technical limitation to only use XEH.

Using the native eventhandlers will make any other addon that wants to use the same classes, unusable. This IMO warrants the usage of an EventHandler system that allows multiplexing.

XEH is the standard set in ArmA1 and I would highly recommend it to continue in ArmA2.

It is IMO the one thing that was finally a bit 'common' in the community. Otherwise ppl are doing whatever they like, which is everyone's freedom of course, but something as low level as Eventhandlers (something that should've been in arma out of the box!), really should be shared.

Cheers

Extended Eventhandlers have been merged into CBA

CBA is something I really like to see integrated into Arma by BIS :D

EDIT: @Sickboy: Amen ;)

QuietMan

Edited by quiet_man

As I said before, we spent a lot of time to ensure our Arma1 system worked with the Extended Event Handler. Despite some of it's "extra" features, the init event handling was a perfect work around for the event handler problem and EXH provided lots of options.

But again, we would rather wait to see if bugs or any more changes crop up before updating the flares. Unless someone can point to missions or addons that won't work unless CBA is installed. If there is content out there that won't work without CBA we can plan to do the update sooner rather than later.

Edit:

Extended Eventhandlers have been merged into CBA

But it's still available as a stand alone addon isn't it? It was always conveniently small enough for people to distribute it with there own addons. It would be a shame to loose out on that functionality.

Edited by UNN

@UNN

you are free to make your addons how you like them to be. Thank you for your work. I don't think XEH will be availabel separately, the complete CBA is only a few bytes adding helpfull functions for addon makers. CBA is to my understanding the next evolution step of XEH.

But I'm none of the developers or active supporters, just a happy user that enjoys mixing addons without having to care (to much :p) with compability.

So anyone feel free to correct me.

QuietMan

This works quite well and im quite impressed by it actually... One question though... Is there any way to use this in script form, so that mission makers can utilize this in their missions without the requirement of addons by the end user.

But I'm none of the developers or active supporters

Well thanks for your contribution anyway. I was talking with a developer and he assures me the XEH is stand alone. So all is well and good :)

Is there any way to use this in script form, so that mission makers can utilize this in their missions without the requirement of addons by the end user.

You can write a flare system that doesn't require additional addons. However our system does require addons to work the way we intended.

Well thanks for your contribution anyway. I was talking with a developer and he assures me the XEH is stand alone. So all is well and good :)

You can write a flare system that doesn't require additional addons. However our system does require addons to work the way we intended.

So there is zero way to convert it so that it does work in script / mission form?

Excellent. I was just about to type that one can use XEH without any CBA .pbo's active but I see that's been cleared. I was wondering why they didn't also just release XEH by itself, detached from CBA as well. Simply because some people may not release that A.) a new XEH was released and B.) some people don't like to DL even the smallest .pbo's if they don't deem it necessary, or know what it does. My biggest gripe with CBA is the fact that I have no clue what the other .pbo's are used for or do, the documentation looks like gibberish to me. ;)

I had to tell someone the other day that a new XEH was out as well, they had no idea and were still using the tweaked A1 XEH.

Regardless, I'm glad you guys will support it in A2. Thank you gents.

Schilly,

With this particular CM system I believe the answer is yes. To be honest though, I doubt too many people will mind if they have to use the .pbo's with your mission. And if they do they are nuts, this system rocks! And it's not very large at all.

Zeinger,

Good points. Honestly though if people don't want to DL this and use it in MP they are f*&kin' nuts. It's a thing of beauty. :) The BIS CM's they included but not activated are terrible compared to these. Sorry BIS, but I'm sure they fully release this.

Edited by Manzilla

Let me suggest it would be well worth making a Lite-version for mission inclusion with as much commonality as possible (i.e. User Action 20) but using the BIS FX.