Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios: ArmA2.PBO and Countermeasures Released

Guest RKSL-Rock

We are proud to release the first Public BETA of the RKSL-Arma2.pbo Countermeasures System

aug16_chaffflares_splash1.jpg

This is the latest version of our popular ArmA1 countermeasures system rewritten for ArmA2.

This addon set applies chaff and flares countermeasure to all the stock BIS aircraft by default. Arma2.pbo is designed to allow all our current and future systems to be easily applied to vanilla ARMA2 addons and any other addon that inherits from them. In theory any mission that uses ARMA2 addons, can now take advantage of these features without having to be re-edited and repacked.

KEY Features

- All BIS Aircraft now have flares where appropriate

- Probability of Hit is random

- Angle of deflection is Random

- Flares can be mapped to a keypress.

- Flares create IR/laser targets that the AI react to.

Installation:

Extract the contents of the rar file into the root of your ArmA2 directory:

eg: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

Then add the @RKSL folder to your ArmA Startup shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@RKSL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 25-09-09

We are pleased to release an update to the first Public BETA of the RKSL-Arma2.pbo V2.01

aug16_chaffflares_splash2.jpg

This is the latest version of our ArmA2 countermeasures system, with the following fixes applied.

Fixed "Deleted content error".

Fixed radarflareplayer property in description.ext didn't disable automatic flares for players.

Fixed multiple audio warnings.

Fixed flares launch vectors are disrupted by terrain.

Added support for the Extended Event Handler if installed.

New description.ext property radaraudiowarning. 0 Turns audio warnings off for players, 1 reactivates them.

Project Page: Arma2.pbo Project

Related Documentation:

System Core Documentation

Radar System Documentation

Required Addons:

RKSL Arma2 V2.01 - Applies RKSL systems to BIS vehicles and Aircraft

RKSL System V2.01 - Core system files required by all RKSL addons

RKSL Flares V2.01 - Chaff and Flare system

Edited by RKSL-Rock
Added - Armaholic Mirror

Yes!!! Thank you RKSL!!! You are the savior of ArmA2 and flying for me!

Thanks, will give it a run!

Great work guys, looking forward with great anticipation to other goodies from you guys too :)

Just flew a UH1Y through Chernarus with MANPADS scattered throughout the area, love this RKSL thank you! I can actually fly knowing I have a reliable countermeasure system to deploy when a missile comes my way. I can't thank you guys enough, really improved ArmA2's game play and immersion for me.

Just flew a UH1Y through Chernarus with MANPADS scattered throughout the area, love this RKSL thank you! I can actually fly knowing I have a reliable countermeasure system to deploy when a missile comes my way. I can't thank you guys enough, really improved ArmA2's game play and immersion for me.

Well said there. It's so damn nice being able to fly with these excellent countermeasures. I enjoy flying again.

i tested it out...and yeah great addon! but flares are not working on SU-34 and A-10 Thunderbolt.

Guest RKSL-Rock
i tested it out...and yeah great addon! but flares are not working on SU-34 and A-10 Thunderbolt.

Works fine for me. How are you testing?

And are you aware this isnt like other countermeasures systems? Its not 100% proof against missiles. You need to maneover and fly properly once you hear the launch warning.

This seems pretty nice.

I have a couple of questions though :

1°)How does it work ? does it prevent temporarily ennemies to lock me on ? does it deviates the missiles once launched ?

2°)How am I supposed to use it ? In vanilla Arma 2 you know someone has a lock on you when you have been hit, does this addon add something to alert the player when a missile is incoming ? if no do you plan on adding such a feature ?

I may be asking to much for an addon but the dogfights and flights in vanilla Arma2 are so lame ...

Guest RKSL-Rock
1°)How does it work ? does it prevent temporarily ennemies to lock me on ? does it deviates the missiles once launched ?

It depends on how you use it. If you fire off flares manually (key binding or via weapons) you can distract the AI from locking you since they lock the flares (usually).

If the SAM is launched at you and the system engages automatically then it deflects the missile at a random angle, or it may choose to let it through unaffected. Again at random

2°)How am I supposed to use it ? In vanilla Arma 2 you know someone has a lock on you when you have been hit, does this addon add something to alert the player when a missile is incoming ? if no do you plan on adding such a feature ?

Ok so you obviously haven't actually tried it then.

You get an audio warning when a missile in launched. The system itself is automatic but you can override it manually by binding the launcher to a keypress - see the documentation link)

Edited by RKSL-Rock

In vanilla Arma 2 you know someone has a lock on you when you have been hit

This is what we are aiming for, and then a little bit more. An old OFP project:

Rock is correct, you should at least give it a go. The flares are the first part.

Thank you RKSL, this is really nice, and seem to work well from my tests.

i have a question though....

will you add, or make some possibility to add custom warning signals for addon aircrafts.

thinking of some people that work on addon crafts might want the real sound from that aircraft on incoming missile... would be nice if that could be coded into the config.

Guest RKSL-Rock
i place an enemy AA Soldier and fly over it.

And the SAM is actually fired at the plane?

ArmA has a serious problem with SAMs and fast moving planes... you need to be about 250km/h for it to fire on you. Good way to test is to place an ai plane, then place yourself as the SAM launcher.

...i have a question though....

will you add, or make some possibility to add custom warning signals for addon aircrafts.

thinking of some people that work on addon crafts might want the real sound from that aircraft on incoming missile... would be nice if that could be coded into the config.

That will come with the Fire Control Script System (FCSS) stuff we're developing.

i am sorry guys. flare system works great! it conflicted with some other addons i use.

How about sharing which ones were the culprit? There's probably a bunch of us that may be using the same ones.... plus RKSL and crew probably want to know, as well as the authors of the respective AddOns.

Wow. Looks really, really nice! And seem to work like I want flares to work! Awesome! Auto-dispension upon lock detection (although it's arguable what should be able to detect one), and preemtive use of flares being beneficial but not foolproof :)