Sign in to follow this  
Laertes

Eki./Laertes' Addons

This addon was created as a vehicle for me to learn config editing, it's purpose is simply to add the Chernarus National Police faction to the West. Created to fill a gap left by the civilian police added by BIS, they are intended as a simple addition for mission makers looking for a more useful police officer.

It adds six units at the moment, although I'm planning to add more in the future:

CNP Men:

chrn_plce1 - Police Officer 1

chrn_plce2 - Police Officer 2

chrn_plce3 - Police Officer 3

chrn_plce4 - Police Officer 4

chrn_plce5 - Police Officer 5

chrn_plce5 - Police Officer 6

chrn_plce_mrksmn - Police Marksman

chrn_snrpofficer - Senior Police Officer

I have experienced no bugs in my testing, but I'm only one person, so if anyone finds any please let me know.

Changes - v0.4:

• Added peacetime units, armed only with pistols

Issues:

• The unit icons are currently that of the Guerilla faction, I'm still a beginner, and I'm looking into how I can add custom icons unique to these units. (Fixed)
  • Wound textures do not show, to be corrected for next version. (Fixed)
  • Create .bisign for each addon. (Fixed)

Downloads:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hgobxy

CNP Vehicles 0.1:

This is now a separate addon. It's a WIP; it's functional but still has texture changes that need to be done.

lae_cnp_lada - Patrol Car (Lada)

lae_cnp_golf - Patrol Car (Golf)

lae_cnp_hmmwv - Armoured Patrol Car (HMMWV)

Requires: CNP Men and SDU.

Issues:

• Needs some new textures.

Downloads:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g1tta5

SDU 0.4:

lae_cnp_com1 - Team Leader

lae_cnp_com2 - Marksman

lae_cnp_com3 - Automatic Rifleman

lae_cnp_com4 - Operator

lae_cnp_com5 - Operator (GL)

lae_cnp_com6 - Operator (M1014)

Changes:

• Changed some of the textures.
  • Changed to the ACE weapons, they're a bit shinier.

Fixes:

• Added the accessories such as map and NVGs that I forgot last time.

Downloads:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jeibxy

Mk 48 Reskins

See here for some pictures

-------------

What It Does:

-------------

Adds two 'new' Mk48 Mod 0 reskins.

Classnames:

lae_mk_48_black.

lae_mk_48_mix.

Because, I really couldn't be bothered to make any ammo boxes for these*, to use them you need to use the AddWeapon commands, if you don't know what these are, please consult the BI Wiki.

*If anybody wants to make some and have them included in here, contact me and I'll release them with ammo boxes.

-----------

Disclaimer:

-----------

If this breaks and/or fucks up your computer, I take no responsibility at all. Use this at your own risk.

--------

Credits:

--------

All artwork is the property of BIS. The token config work is mine. If you want edit it or release your own version of this, ask me. I'll say, yes.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6apjg8

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10049

Mirrors welcome.

Edited by Laertes

Nice work! It's simple, yet good. I'll be making missions with this in the near future!

Heyho :)

It's a great addon! It definately has potential! So far I have some ideas. Maybe you could think about them.

At first, the RPT shows two lines. Well I guess they're status messages and no real errors. To be honest, I don't know how to fade them out too.

Updating base class ->Man, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CAManBase/
Updating base class ->GUE_Soldier_Base, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/GUE_Commander/

Second thought is that you should add the police forces to the western side as the CDF is west too. Otherwise there's no way to fight guerillas with the police forces as they are intented to I suppose.

Third thought is to add more weapons, but no heavy machine guns, special forces weapons, anti-tank or anti-air, mines or satchel charges. Policemen simply don't use them.

Fourth thought is to add some police cars with those armed policemen inside to your addon.

Heyho :)

It's a great addon! It definately has potential! So far I have some ideas. Maybe you could think about them.

At first, the RPT shows two lines. Well I guess they're status messages and no real errors. To be honest, I don't know how to fade them out too.

Updating base class ->Man, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CAManBase/
Updating base class ->GUE_Soldier_Base, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/GUE_Commander/

Second thought is that you should add the police forces to the western side as the CDF is west too. Otherwise there's no way to fight guerillas with the police forces as they are intented to I suppose.

Third thought is to add more weapons, but no heavy machine guns, special forces weapons, anti-tank or anti-air, mines or satchel charges. Policemen simply don't use them.

Fourth thought is to add some police cars with those armed policemen inside to your addon.

My reasoning behind adding them as Independent was the scenarios that include the Chedaki as a ruling power, my thought being there would still be a police force. If enough people want them set to West, I'll happily change/release an alternate West-aligned version.

As for more weapons and patrol cars, that's my next step, I'll be adding them in the next few days, depending on how quick I can get them done.

The west-aligned would be great :)

Also, instead of the M9 and/or the M1911A1, how about instead they have the Makarov, police are much more likely to use that as they are portrayed in the original game.

screenshot5488.jpg

This addon was created as a vehicle for me to learn config editing, it's purpose is simply to add the Chernarus National Police faction to the independent side. Created to fill a gap left by the civilian police added by BIS, they are intended as a simple addition for mission makers looking for a more useful police officer.

It adds six units at the moment, although I'm planning to add more in the future:

lae_cnp_car - Lada LM Patrol Car

I have experienced no bugs in my testing, but I'm only one person, so if anyone finds any please let me know.

Changes:

• This version adds three new units, Police Officer 2, Police Officer 3 and the Lada LM Patrol Car

To fix/add:

• The unit icons are currently that of the Guerilla faction, I'm still a beginner, and I'm looking into how I can add custom icons unique to these units.
  • Wound textures do not show, to be corrected for next version.
  • Create .bisign for each addon. (Anyone who wants to help me with this is more than welcome to PM me.)

Megaupload V 0.2

Sendspace V 0.2

Edited by Laertes

Could you please make them (in a near future) CDF aligned ?

It makes no sense for me to have those policemen in the side of NAPA, they represents the state after all.

In that way, we could produce some NAPA hunting mission. In the game, they are against Tchedaki, loosy CDF state, and even US if you ask them.

This addon was created as a vehicle for me to learn config editing, it's purpose is simply to add the Chernarus National Police faction to the West side. Created to fill a gap left by the civilian police added by BIS, they are intended as a simple addition for mission makers looking for a more useful police officer.

lae_cnp_car - Lada LM Patrol Car

Changes - v0.3:

• CNP now aligned to the CDF and USMC

Issues:

• The unit icons are currently that of the Guerilla faction, I'm still a beginner, and I'm looking into how I can add custom icons unique to these units. (Fixed - Icons are now that of the civilian policemen)
  • Wound textures do not show, to be corrected for next version. (Fixed)
  • Create .bisign for each addon. (Fixed)

Downloads:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/japzjg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NRTNF3XN

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6860

http://arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=630

Edited by Laertes

Good work here, been able to make some fun little missions for my self with this :) Can't wait for future updates (any chance for a police helicopter / swat copter with fast rope for building top insertion? :P)

Good work here, been able to make some fun little missions for my self with this :) Can't wait for future updates (any chance for a police helicopter / swat copter with fast rope for building top insertion? :P)

That may arrive, but probably not with these units, this lot are just simple policeman. If I ever do a SWAT/Commando addon for the CDF, then I definitely will.

Nice. Now make sure to TAG them properly as well!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Yeah, I have that's why there's lae_ in the names of all the files :s

Edited by Laertes

Yeah, I have that's why there's lae_ in the names of all the files :s

Sorry! these:

Didn't seem to have a TAG in them. :) I hadn't even downloaded the addon. If that's old information then never mind me and carry on with the good job!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Sorry! these:

Didn't seem to have a TAG in them. :) I hadn't even downloaded the addon. If that's old information then never mind me and carry on with the good job!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Ah, cheers mate. I'll change that for the next version :)

I have a small suggestion as well, I think that the police should use as handgun the Makarov instead of the M1911,

Because Chernarus civilians use mostly their equipment the same one used by ex-U.R.S.S. And apart from the Makarov carry much more bullets,

What you guys think about that?

I have a small suggestion as well, I think that the police should use as handgun the Makarov instead of the M1911,

Because Chernarus civilians use mostly their equipment the same one used by ex-U.R.S.S. And apart from the Makarov carry much more bullets,

What you guys think about that?

Yeah it is an ex-USSR country, but given how the premise of ArmA 2, is that the CDF (and presumably it's allied organisations) were trained/funded by US forces it doesn't seem unrealistic that they might be given surplus equipment and weapons. Just feel good that I didn't add the M16A4 w/ACOG for the marksman ;)

Shame there's no ploymer AKs, would look much more like something that police men should have, also you should put in more shotgun armed units (Saiga?), I certain have all of my patrol cars holding a saiga, like when you see cops with a shotgun on the dash (Even in poland they use mossbergs, but i dont want to over stretch you) if at all possible, could you ever have more "peace time" units? With just 1911 or maybe M9s. I kinda picture them like the Policja (Polish police) who are armed with Walther P-99s as well as glock 17's. There is no reason why they should have markovs.

Shame there's no ploymer AKs, would look much more like something that police men should have, also you should put in more shotgun armed units (Saiga?), I certain have all of my patrol cars holding a saiga, like when you see cops with a shotgun on the dash (Even in poland they use mossbergs, but i dont want to over stretch you) if at all possible, could you ever have more "peace time" units? With just 1911 or maybe M9s. I kinda picture them like the Policja (Polish police) who are armed with Walther P-99s as well as glock 17's. There is no reason why they should have markovs.

I will be looking at doing some peacetime units, probably using RH Pistols, Glock 17s or P226s. As for shotguns, I'm not sure, you'll have to wait and see.

Saiga would be nice, but a pump-action or something would be nice, too :)