Sign in to follow this  
gonza

VTS3 - Live Multiplayer coop mission editor

looking forward to it.. I've already created one with updated ammo and a few vehicles..

Hi,

I downloaded the VTS last night and have to say I love it! I think I downloaded one of the earlier versions though so will try the newer versions later when I'm home from work.

1 question

when using the Panthera version do I need to run the @panthera mod or will it find it automatically when starting the mission? I can test this later to find the answer but at work at the minute so have to wait to find out.

Thanks for all your hard work with VTS, its awesome

yes you need to use -mod=@panthera if you use the panthera version of VTS

and if you use the @ace version you need to add -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

Nice one, thanks for confirming that for me, i wasnt to sure if it would find them automatically.

thanks again for all your hardwork

Hey! Just wanted to let you know that I've been spending many hours today editing the unit configs in the Quesh Kibrul & ACE version so that all sides have the correct units; Blufor has all arma2 + ace units, opfor same etc.. I have currently completed editing Blufor and Opfor, still left is cleaning the Res. side back to "normal" again :) So if you permit I can release these files for public or if you want them only for yourself for next release, please let me know. VTS has real potential to be a great gamemode.. Just hard to understand all that french in there :D

VTS is the solution when you don't find missions for new islands or mods

well said Gonza !!!

A big thanks for your wonderful addon !!!! :)

PS: I hope you have also the time for to made a manual... but dont worry, for me it's enjoyable a lot your addon, but just for to know better all the aspects of the settings !!! ;)

@Sekra

Big thanks

I have not a lot of time to do that

yes sorry for the french but original VTS was made By a french so I continued to name variable and comment in french (if you want some traduction , no problem)

@qawa1967

Im working a little manual but it is very intuitive

Edited by gonza

Hi All when launch ACE "Co@25ACE_VTS3_LiveEditor_A9b" ........My server crash :( and and it show this error : " invalid crewman civil ".

And in RPT file i read that : " Cannot create entity with abstract type Civilian (scope = private?)

ErrorMessage: Invalid crew Civilian

Thanks in advance and sorry my bad English.

try this last version (patch 1.05 compatible)

sorry but it is for Queshkibrul V2 island

compatibility with Queshkibrul V2 island

added - 1.05 AH64D

added - new norrin revive scritp version

fixed - 3D cam problem with patch 1.05 (cant exit)

I will make a Chernarus version tomorrow

Co@25ACE_VTS3_LiveEditor_A9c.queshkibrul.pbo

Edited by gonza

I get an "Invalid crew Civilian" error message and then arma shuts down, im running ACE ofcourse and Queshkibrul V2 island.

I am getting "Invalid crew Civilian" too

Please help!!

oops, I will see that tonight but it is really strange because it work well on my PC last night I have made a really good vts sniper mission with this version

I have not tried it on my dedi-server so ...

otherwise

Anyone want to help me to do a "Quick-start user-guide" (just fix english syntax because I Have not a good english)

Edited by gonza

I am getting "Invalid crew Civilian" too

Please help!!

This is an ACE2 bug ... not VTS3. make sure that your ACE2 is uptodate.

ACE mod up to date. Works fine with other missions.

Does not work with this one. get the error above.

Thanks

I'll say it again. The problem is with ACE2 not with this mission. There seems to be a problem with some islands.

perhaps there is no problems if the mission who have no civilian unit

there is a civilian unit in VTS (hidden unit)

I will check it but I cant now

last night I was in ACE 195

Edited by gonza

I have made a lot of test last night

VTS don't work on "real dedicated server" since the 195 ACE version (I don't know why)

but it work on my PC when I start an MPmission from the armabrowser and it work too when I start with armaserver.exe on my PC

if I remove @ace it work fine

really strange !

hmmmh... This is very strange since the one I've been using (editing it myself) has been working just fine with any ACE2 version and I run on a linux dedicated server.. I do admit I've edited a lot and I think the next version I'm completing will be about 1MB smaller after I've deleted a *beep*load of unnecessary comments and redundant files and also copies of files that are allready used..

Edit: Now I remember one thing too.. The UH-1Y Venom disappeared from ACE2 after 1.05 ARMA2 and not sure if has been fixed or not but I changed the Venoms in the mission -> MH-60S Knighthawks.. Works just fine then...

Edit: Now I remember one thing too.. The UH-1Y Venom disappeared from ACE2 after 1.05 ARMA2 and not sure if has been fixed or not..

This is causing the "Invalid crew Civilian" error with all of our older missions that had the UH-1, and the best I can tell is causing the error.

~S~

WH_Boomer

Yes it work when UH-1 are removed

so strange

it impossible to add an UH-1 on the map but server don't crash (in @ACE 203)

I will ask ACE team

I do admit I've edited a lot and I think the next version I'm completing will be about 1MB smaller after I've deleted a *beep*load of unnecessary comments and redundant files and also copies of files that are allready used..

really thanks

is an alpha version so it was what I let a lot of not necessary script and part of script in command

I love this mission wee play it every week but nobody help me to improve it so I do with my little time (only 4 hours / week)

but it Work well and I hope it will work better with your modifications

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

fixed version UH-1 removed (ACE2 bug)

Co@25ACE_VTS3_LiveEditor_A9f.Chernarus.pbo

Co@25ACE_VTS3_LiveEditor_A9f.queshkibrul.pbo

new map FDF Podagorsk

Co@25ACE_VTS3_LiveEditor_A9f.FDF_Isle1_a.pbo

Edited by gonza