Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

Group name in Lobby

Can someone explain me what command is for giving a name for a group that the name also displays in Lobby (Multiplayer) when you select a slot. Instead of 1-1A I would like to have for example Group Alpha etc.

I have already found a command which gives a name for a group but it only displays when you chat (IN-GAME).

It's like that:

group this setGroupID ["REAPER ONE",""]

Edited by Rainbow

I think it's not displayed in the lobby because the scripts didn't have a chance to run yet and change the group names. I would love to see a solution as well.

Can you not simply put 'REAPER ONE' in the squad leaders discription?

Edited by ck-claw

Yes, I can but it is not the thing I am looking for :)

see if this helps wiki entry

Didn't even bother reading first post? He said he tried that command already. And no, it doesn't change it to the lobby, just for sidechat etc.

Didn't even bother reading first post? He said he tried that command already. And no, it doesn't change it to the lobby, just for sidechat etc.

Yes, I did read the first post. If you aren't trying to help with the problem why are you being rude to those of us that are?

As ck-claw said, if you put a name in the units description, it will show in the multiplayer lobby. Problem is, if that is not what the OP is looking for, we need more info to answer the question, so Rainbow, what exactly are you trying to do?

I'm suffering from the same problem. The setGroupID command is executed after mission start. Everything works fine then but as many other mission editors I'd like to have the group ID in the mp lobby as well :(

The task at hand here is to find something that executes faster than the init line of the first editor placed unit in the mission.sqm. Problem: It doesn't seem to exist. I've also tried to find a workaround to the name issue, without success. Unless someone can figure out a way to change the group name from the description.ext. The description loads first.

I'm not trying to come across as thick ;) but I'm sure this has been done before. Maybe I was just dreaming. description.ext is the other place. I thought you could call the slots anything. "Operator", for example - I've seen that but it's not a classname is it? I'm at work so can't check very well.

I think it's just impossible. Even the groupnames in official BIS MP missions are 1-1-A and so on...

Sorry for an old bump but my question is related to this and I guess it's better than making a new thread. I know you can't change the 1-4-A or whatever to a name as people in here found out, but how do you actually change those letters and numbers back to e.g. 1-1-A? How does the game work out which numbers and letter the groups are? I ask this because my 3 groups in my mission are 1-4-H, 1-4-K and 1-4-I. How can I get them to go back to 1-1-A, 1-1-B, 1-1-C?

They need to be the first placed units on the mission, unfortunately.

Group ID's are based on whatever the total group count is.

Edited by cuel

Crap thought that would be the case, oh well I'm not going deleting every unit in the mission to get 1-1-A, B and C for my groups.