How Old Are You ?  

1794 members have voted

1. 1. How Old Are You ?

• 15-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-100

33 here, and I think ArmA2 is the best game for this age;)

Gulags Stalker Avatar pwns. I love that game!

Gulags Stalker Avatar pwns. I love that game!

Yeah,thanks, it is the trader from clear sky base.:)

can someone tell me how a kid that is under 18 can even afford a computer that can even run arma 2?. Parents shouldnt be buying their kid a computer capable of running this game,lol. YOu get WAY to much money for your age:). the average age of gamer's is between 20 and 30 these days. Most people under that age cant really afford the specs. $2000 - $4000 is the type of computer required to run this game. IF your under 18 and you have that kind of money, that's crazy. Just to blow on a computer.

Unless the US dollar dropped dramatically since i last checked i think you are overreacting a bit, my current system was about 500€ when i bought it (>2 years ago) and for ArmA2 i only added a 150€ videocard.

It runs the game okay, settings dont really matter since im CPU bottlenecked, most things are on high.

I'm 37 years old. Bought my first pc in 2003 and got internet in 2007! Heck, I only got my first cell phone in '98, I remember being young and having to run to the phonebooth at the corner of my street to call my friends in the weekend.

I'm middle management in a chain of cinema complexes and most of the workforce there is below 23 or so. They find it funny that a frost (as in permafrost, aka old) plays computergames. Still is comforting to see this poll though, as I am clearly not the oldest one around :yay:

It is however impossible for me to play other FPS though, it's simply too fast for me. This, Arma1 and America's Army are the only shooters I ever played.But hey, I'm only connected for three years now, so......

I'm 21 going to be 22 soon. It's good to see a lot of ppl my age doing the same thing at my age.

I'm 37 years old. Bought my first pc in 2003 and got internet in 2007! Heck, I only got my first cell phone in '98, I remember being young and having to run to the phonebooth at the corner of my street to call my friends in the weekend.

I'm middle management in a chain of cinema complexes and most of the workforce there is below 23 or so. They find it funny that a frost (as in permafrost, aka old) plays computergames. Still is comforting to see this poll though, as I am clearly not the oldest one around :yay:

It is however impossible for me to play other FPS though, it's simply too fast for me. This, Arma1 and America's Army are the only shooters I ever played.But hey, I'm only connected for three years now, so......

I'm not sure but it sounds like Eastern European citizen :rolleyes:

I should get my dad into this! 56 and still strong :D

I'm not sure but it sounds like Eastern European citizen :rolleyes:

Nope. I was doing other stuff in my twenties (I am a musician),that's why I might've been a little slow in following technological developments.

A healthy Western European here :D

Been playing fps since wolfenstein came out long ago, Only discovered OFP in 2005. Been following the series since then.

45 today..and I think you will find I'm no push over in Arma2.he he...

16, Not your typical "Call of Duty Z0mG SAS are S000 cool!" teenager :459:.

I'm in awe at how many middle aged and Elderly people play this :icon15:

Proves that people 50+ aren't as low-tech as the media makes them out to be. :respekt:

Well you are probably right since it is typically the "people 50+" who run many of these tech firms. I don't see many teenagers running technology oriented companies.

33years and counting....

33years and counting....
I'm not counting anymore...I stoped at 33 and began to lie to the 20 something old girls I still date. ...huh ...wait ...maybe they do also lie about age? Edited by Beagle

This poll has given me a load of laughs!! I'll be 51 this year.. Even some of you 30 somethings refer to us high scoring (on the age scale) players as near enough coffin dodgers, teatering on the brink lol. Should I be measuring up and pre ordering a box with nice brass handles?..Very funny!

My theory is that a lot of the higher age range players have continued on into ArmaII from OFP days, hence the age shift of the upper range by about 7 or 8 years. IE since ofp was first released. We all just got aolder ... sheesh

Personally I hope to continue playing Bohemia releases as long as they keep releasing well made, high quality realtime team games. I highly suspect that in 20 years I will still struggle to shoot a barn door in a fast paced firefight... but if it's a heli drop into a tight spot you are after I am yer man. Patience over speed I guess.

I also guess that I will always be behind in the constant quest for more powerful hardware to run Bohemia games well, but that's just something I guess most of us just have to learn to live with. It is a pity though. I just find it much harder to starve my kids these days to buy hardware rather than food, must be getting senile or soft or something ;0

For exercise, I climb 25 floors of ladders every day just to get to my work. And as for worrying about penis size, you guys are lucky as now everything is metric so centimetre sounds more than inches :) My missus had tears of laughter streaming down her cheeks at the earlier comments on this particular topic.

I enjoy playing as part of a good co-op team with all ages. Its all about teamplay for me, attitude, communication, joint effort is where this "game" shines, age is just a number.

Better go, I think I hear my nurse coming to give me my medication. I saw her with a bottle of embalming fluid last week, I'm hoping it's for the cat, but I'm sleeping with one eye open this week just in case.

Gen

I'm in awe at how many middle aged and Elderly people play this

Proves that people 50+ aren't as low-tech as the media makes them out to be.

LOL ELDERLY? 50+ now considered elderly...

I must be the only geriatric to climb a tower crane everyday, better take a look at my insurance maybe I'm not covered now what with me bein an old geezer lol.

All in good jest but I will not let ya make me feel old, I am just a bit wiser and a bit more wrinkly :) Also had more time to realise how much I still don't know. Heck I still have all my own teeth though; here look ----> :D

This ain't a rugrat on my barnet either (English Slang, ask someone to interpret)

This is me after climbing 25 floors of ladders just to get to my "office in the sky" :yay:

Well maybe not lol, heck it would be hard work even at twenty years old.

I am looking forward to a free bus pass though, it will be the only time when public transport is good value. (assuming I can find room, what with all the other dinosaurs climbing aboard for a free ride too)

Feel free to be in awe, I'm totally cool with that bit lol

Gen :p

36 here and a 26-days-old nice little daughter :)

Then the prohesy is true: There may be another hope to deliver the Flex AI to us...

...congrats!

:p