Sign in to follow this  
jtec

Arma2 youtube tutorials

Was thinking today about tutorials for modelling for Arma/2. Its still very hard for newcomers to get to grips with the tools that are released due to the fact so little documentation is giving with the tools, even with the few tutorials we do have (some of which are from ofp which is 8 years old!) they are all mostly in written format. I honestly find videos with commentry so much easier to work with, as more then often the author forgets to mention something little that could have a major effect on the outcome! Wouldnt it be great to have a channel on youtube that has basic step by step tutorials from setting up o2, modelling a basic model, uv-unwrapping, animations, even configs! It would be so useful for new and old and could boost the amount of work that comes out for arma2! Whats your thoughts ladies and gentlemen?

Yep. After some thought, realised its probably easier than actually writing a tut.

...... First of a planned dozen.

Installing the New ArmAII Editing Tool

Oxygen2 - Tutorial #1 - Set up of Buldozer and edit windows

Get more of those here: OFPEC

Linear Deform tut from SEA DEMON

RETEXTURING - How to Create a Grey Scale

By Aeneas2020

Link thanks to Mr. Charles

Creating a Static Cargo Animation Part1

Thanks to ABS

Creating a Static Cargo Animation Part2

Thanks to ABS

More info - HERE

ArmA1 Skeleton - HERE

BLENDER

This guys has some great tuts. Check his other videos.

Use Leopotam's great plugin to go from Blender to O2

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?105516-Blender-import-export-plugins

ArmA2 Character Rigging

by Icewindo

Other non-video tutorials;

Mondkalb's Addon Tutorial - BIKI

The legendary BRSSEB OFP Addons Tutorials - Not ArmA2, but helpful

For all other Addon Tutorial and Support needs, try;

>> OFPEC <<

Edited by [APS]Gnat

Fantastic stuff. Im kinda new here, but plan to do much modding for these military style sims. And this is where ill start. thanks. Good vids, easy to understand & follow.

will you do any vt's for the terrain aspects and visitor program ?

Edited by 9thAircav

Great stuff, Gnat.

I look forward to seeing the rest, so I can learn how to make addons that *work*... :p

Good stuf Gnat, like i said i could provide some info on things like uv-unwrapping, normal mapping and so forth let us know via a pm if you do need any help mate. With regards to the hidden cursor in setting up of buldozer there was a this line disableMouseExclusive="1" that you entered into the buldozer.cfg it worked for arma1 but doesnt seem to work for number 2. Any info regarding this BIS?

Edited by Jtec
added text

i love you guys. this is just wat us rookie modders need. :) good work, keep it up

Thanks Gnat much appreciated these type of resources are very useful to hit the ground running.

i love you guys. this is just wat us rookie modders need. :) good work, keep it up

HaHa!! I totally agree Rhodesy. I love this whole frickin community.

If it weren't for this whole lot of guys and gals, I wouldn't be able to learn how to mod. There are so many things that I want made for ArmA II, and feel bad asking or requesting stuff. I think I recall someone saying (or alot of people saying) that if you want something so bad, learn how to model and edit yourself.

It's spending hours upon hours on the forums here and at other sites that helps me out.

Thanks to everyone, especially BIS for the opportunity.

Hopefully one of these days, I'll be posting tutorials for people.

We'll it really helped me and that's just the first video. Thanks alot, this side of things needs much more work in general throughout the OFP community. Things like this cut people past loads of stuff that would sap their strength and resolve. Thanks alot for making it ;)

Wow!

Well done Gnat!!!

I've just found these totally by accident!

I need to make some bits and pieces for an island I'm working on... after a coupla months of grief I've almost got a grip on Visitor now, but I opened O2 for the first time just there and thought.... no way!

Now I may not immediately despair after all!!!

Serious thanks for these tuts!!!

B

Then i try to take a look at my Model with the Viewer i always get the error cant load ////// blahblah.paa

I checked the path and all files are there. What is wrong?

It means that oxygen cant find the texture in the path you specified.

Check that its on the P: drive, in the path were Oxygen search for it.

Thank you to share, another want to have a tutorial on the Character Animation editing;)

about How to edit the animation .rtm file in the oxy2,and how export “rtm†in the ARMA2

Edited by swat_3

Thanks a lot for these tutorials Gnat, lots of information presented in an easy to grasp manner. My mission editing always runs up against the fact that I want more diverse environments, this is helping me get a start on creating exactly that.

Keep 'em coming!

were would I find my arma2.cfg file I'm useing steam and cant find it

Hey gnat, awesome vids! Just one question for a problem I'm having: when I follow your buldozer set-up steps and click start buldozer it gives me the error: Unable to create viewer. What's going on?

Thanks!

EDIT: fixed.

Edited by ryguy

Gnat: I would love to see tutorial part 8 and so on. Your tutorials are more clear than books or other guides.