Sign in to follow this  
nakahashi

Unit Names

I'm just wondering how I can change a units name, like how they changed the name rifleman to e.g. "Cooper" and how they also changed the group name, from 1-1-A to Reaper 1 and so on. Thanks in advance. :D

Found something in official missions:

init="BIS_grpBReaper2 = group this; group this setGroupid [localize ""str_callsign_reaper2""]";

Edited by Väinämöinen

Thank you so much! I'll test this out soon, much much much appreciated. :D:D

Sorry, I don't think I explained myself properly. What I meant was, in the screen where you can pick your character, I want to change the name Assault Rifleman or whatever to a name of my choosing. Any help on that?

Write the name you want in the description line of the unit. And for the groupnames use

group this setGroupID ["REAPER ONE",""]

. Now, if you use "sideChat" the groupname will be shown instead of A-1-1.

Edited by IndeedPete

You was almost there.

The 'Description' line below the initialization is made for exactly that reason.

......... Epic facepalm.

Thank you alot, I could never figure out what that description box was for lmfao. Now I feel stupid.

......... Epic facepalm.

Thank you alot, I could never figure out what that description box was for lmfao. Now I feel stupid.

Took me a while to figure it out too. Be careful with it though. If you place a man and make his description be Simon and then you place another guy his description will also be Simon. Just something to look out for.

That is indeed a little problem, with bad luck you end up with alot of objects and units with all the same description.

So you better add them when your mission is finished.

I put the name i wanted into the description of the unit, but that name i put in the description has yet to show up in Sidechat. It still comes up as 1-1-A or whatever.

The groupID command works (for groups), but i havent got the individual names working yet, by putting, for e.g :> "steve" into description. Is there something you have to do? I meen, if you want individuals name's to come up in Sidechat, that ARENT connected to a group. Just random people.

Do you just put "steve" and thats it, into the description of the unit? Or is there a certain command you have to put?