Sign in to follow this  
osmo

Would you like to see Vietnam expansion for Arma II?

Would you like to see Vietnam expansion for ArmA II?  

409 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Vietnam expansion for ArmA II?

• Yes
    • No

If they can keep that scary environment feeling and dangerous insects/animals threat in your head and the environment is spot on... this would be a great expansion pack or mod.

Wait. You mean a vietnam expansion with the grass and plants working as they do NOW?

Man, I'd rather tap dance on a minefield.

I actually had to vote no, given the following reasoning:

1) I don't mind a good Vietnam game, but topping Vietcong will be impossible.

2) If using the built in vegetation and textures, the autumn colors is wildly displaced for a Vietnam setting :)

3) Arma2 doesn't handle dense vegetation well. Chernarus woodland is not dense compared to a jungle.

4) And basically, I'm fed up with trees already. :D

1) True, Vietcong is an awesome game and it'll be really hard to create such a great Vietnam experience. However, the graphics etc are getting old in Vietcong and people are moving on to other games, so it would be nice to get a Vietnam war game with modern graphics and realism.

2) This is the main reason why I hope that BIS would make this expansion. What really is mostly needed are realistic looking trees/textures that make a realistic jungle atmosphere, and afaik that can only be done properly by BIS as they have the tools for it.

3) That could be optimized

I would like BIS to give us a small island with jungle vegetation made in Linda. Then mods and islandmakers can make good looking well performing jungles.

I agree, that even just having this would already fulfill most of our wishes. If BIS would give us jungle vegetation with realistic feel, the rest of the stuff could be made by community.

A total Vietnam expansion would be perfect, but if BIS doesn't want to do it, I really hope they would at least give us a small island with jungle vegetation made in Linda.

I voted yes, i would REALLY like a vietnam theme with arma realism and graphic.

I've been trying to create some vietnam missions but it's no easy with what we got now, though my hamburger hill was pretty successful :p

It would be great to have a vietnam mod / expansion ... but i think however the vegetation / jungles have to be worked .... like now chernarus forests are looking ugly ....

Too bad there are no palms included in A2, only small bunch of crappy autumn/pine trees ;) cmon 28 trees and 10 bushes, thats all.

Just walk through Chernarus and check how many exactly the same looking twin-birch ("Betula" for BIS developers) trees do you spot... lame ;)

I don't think Chernarus forests look ugly. I think they look great and realistic! They just are not suitable for jungle.

I would personally like to see an Vietnam expansion, in addition to existing and upcoming Vietnam mods.

The more the merrier I say! Plus to have an official Vietnam expansion... think of all the new jungle assets that would perfectly cross-over and be useful in all our wonderful mods (not just for Vietnam). It would be a win-win-win.

I voted no. I am bored of WWII/Vietnam etc games.

I would like to see some current stuff. Iraq and Afghanistan based.

Think Arma 2 Fallujah or something.

Now that would be sweet.

Jungle-island and vegetation are needed. So many more mods and scenarious that would benefit from this. I wouldnt mind going into a jungle as a modern SF to bust a drug-factory.

But what I really miss is flying my Huey over Ia Drang valley taking over villages :)

andersson: pssst... I'm working on Isla Duala for A2, jungle island ;) currently using A1 palms&bushes until a better vegetation addon arrives.

"I voted no. I am bored of WWII/Vietnam etc games.

I would like to see some current stuff. Iraq and Afghanistan based.

Think Arma 2 Fallujah or something.

Now that would be sweet."__________________

Well, for VC Nam games there are very few, and none done decently accept for Vietcong... and it looks like DF 2 style visuals compared to whats out these days. Now ww2, obvously I can see being bored of the huge glut of ww2 games out there.

For what you would LIKE to see? You got Op. Arrowhead coming.

no. i just dont like jungles and those things. and i dont like Cold War Games(like vietnam and korean war) or world war. i want to see modern story in close quartar/urban combat (like lebanon war, gaza, desert storm, iraqi freedom) or maybe somalia or afganisthan. but Arma2 need more urban combat in general, editor has to be improved for adding people inside buildings etc..

Edited by NMDANNY

I would like WW2 setting where I dont have to worry about lock on missiles!

But yea I dont mind Vietnam settings in games if they are done right

This is a job for modders. God knows we don't need another WW2 or Vietnam game...

I'd actually LOVE to see an Operation Flashpoint/ArmA II style/engine game with a WWII setting...would be AMAZING to have this type of control/realism in a WWII game...

Most WWII games are FPS's and ARMA II beats typical FPS games hands down (IMO)

all i'm gonna say is this, when VTE comes for arma 2, I really pray that they don't just make the SA-2 a rectangle like they did in A1... I hope it actually LOOKS like an SA-2.... same with everything else...

I realize you are all pretty hung up on the modern or recent (as far back as 1985) era setting of the game series, and I love it too. But a Vietnam game using this technology would be incredible and to me possibly the ultimate conclusion to this game. Let's face it, the whole series is filled with imagery and military culture which is pretty heavily influenced by the Vietnam conflict. I can't help but be reminded of Vietnam during all kinds of moments playing this game. The naysayers are just being stuck up assholes. ARMA series is not strictly about being all neat and tactical. I can only imagine how awesome it would be to experience the game in a historic Vietnam setting, experiencing the chaos of battle and adrenaline-filled gunfights which this game does so well.

Edited by Njayjay

i want this mod but it was massive it needs big face lift sort to speak with texturing alot of good stuff is in that mod

Ok to cheer a bit all of you "Nam" lovers: I've added a all new jungle section to my Island Panthera v2.0 that will be released very shortly for A2... its on the far Southwest side and features rich jungle and couple of small villages (Bajo Fuerta, Sederita, Ditchwood, Bolhowo and Cape Goat) ;)

I'd only buy it if i could blast out 60s rock n' roll out the side of a Huey and everyone could hear.

Yes baby, yes, this would kick ass. I would love a Vietnam map with mods.

Now as we are talking Arma:

Vegetation: - we just need to actually be hidden from Ai when we are behind what we see as cover, fallen trees etc.... offer no protection, and the scenery really needs getting up to scratch the lame ass tree knock down... we need better behavior from the plants.

AI:

The AI are unforgivable, I saw a comment about preferring to tapdance on mines as opposed to actually try and kill ai in the thick jungle. I agree. These AI regularly snipe you worse then the worst of the worst snipes I've taken in Vietcong1. They also can also outdraw you before you even face them. That's like as bad as America's Army 2.x AI, just shoot you no matter what aspect the rifle is pointing, stuff like that really takes the balance and gives it to the AI as if they need the help.

Anyhow yeah, I'd love it, at least 'Nam has colour (a bit of green), has creeks, rivers, mountains, high grass, rice paddys, the lot. The dull brown of Chernarus is just a bit too drab and depressing for me.

I would like to see a proper Vietnam expansion only if the AI didn't track you thru vegetation. It would be cool to be on a hilltop watching a B-52 strike from a distance :D

HQ to NoUseForAName, request for B-52 denied. You are ordered to recon the village on foot from the airbase. Repeat, on foot. Over.

=)