Sign in to follow this  
SPECOPx

Arma 2 running better on MDSN win7 x86 RTM?

I'm hearing a bunch of rumors that Arma 2 is running better on the MDSN win7 x86 RTM versus Windows XP x86. Can anyone confirm? Looks like I got a OS to look forward to besides Snow Leopard this year.

Many threads here deals with that question. Search a bit mate and thou shall find. ;)

To me YES it runs better on Win7 than XP. Some say no some say yes.

Just test - Win7 is free.

Alex

yes i get 15 fps boost from XP pro 64bit > Windows 7 32bit 7600

I feel ARMA II runs smoother on Windows 7 x64 RTM via MSDN than Vista Ultimate x64 (I had an issue with ARAM II and Vista after a short while which I couldn't resolve).

I've not had a single problem (touch wood) with ARMA II & Windows 7.

I 2nd that.

Hurry though, you only have until the 20th august, (5 days from now) to DL Win 7.

Indeed, i use the Win7 RC for a while now and to my surprise it runs ArmA better than XP, not much but its noticeable.

Many threads here deals with that question. Search a bit mate and thou shall find. ;)

To me YES it runs better on Win7 than XP. Some say no some say yes.

Alex

He was talking about the RTM version of Win7, not the RC. To get the RTM, you either have to wait till October, be an MSDN subscriber or get it from dark corners of the internet which we cannot mention :)

Oh my bad. Maybe he asked the wrong question then?

Win7RC gives me better performance over XP.

To correct someone above, Windows 7 RC is free, Windows 7 RTM is not. RTM is the pre-release provided to OEM manufactures, as well as Tech Net subscribers... Not free.

But I find ArmA II runs quite well on Win 7 RC, and will tell about the RTM shortly as I recently got mine from Technet.

whats wrong about his question ? he was very specific about the RTM/x86 version.

i'd like to hear about peoples experiences with this version (RTM/x86) too, compared to xp32...since thats what windows 7 will actually be like..not the RC or earlier versions.

I cant get win7 RTM/x64 to beat xp32 in arma2 yet, but still trying.

ArmA2 on my system (P4 @3,0Ghz, 2Gb ddr400, Sapphire X1950pro 512mb) runs better on an Windows XP x86 then in a Windows 7 x86.

ArmA2 on my system (P4 @3,0Ghz, 2Gb ddr400, Sapphire X1950pro 512mb) runs better on an Windows XP x86 then in a Windows 7 x86.

Yeah, same here but I was just hearing there was a marginal performance gain with the RTM version on Win7.

I currently have Vista64, I tried windows7 64 and the performance was identical. I going to try winxp64 next.

I have tested on another pc and have seen some thing disturbing. It has Core2Duo @2.6 and 1 nvidia250 running XP64. In the middle of empty chenogorsk it gets 40FPS.

My pc is 2x9800gtx, Core2Quad @3.2 and.....VISTA64. Same mission, same gfx settings I get 26FPS...:eek:

Edited by -=seany=-