Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

Nogovan Armed Forces Project WIP

looks nice, finally some variations in the airforce and not just reskinning an Su-25 (it is too usually I think). :)

Just a little something im working on:

NAF_RLS_P-37_Bar_Lock.jpg

RLS P-37 Bar Lock Radar

NAF_yak.jpg

YAK 52

I'd give them Russian steel helmets instead of the PASGT

Unfortunately i cant change the model of the Paratroopers as its a simple reskin. Also my soldiers are representing modern Nogovan Infantry. They have been released in the following thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=116682

@The_Blink the Yak is an OFP model so it will need quite abit of work to bring it upto Arma2 standard.

Updates in bound planning to resign all of my released content, also it will give me some time to add any new additions to some of my releases. :)

Also expect an Mig21 or Mig27 release with some vehicles namely Landrover and Truck

Edited by R0adki11

Status Report:

Airforce

Mig21 CAP And AG versions are almost ready for release. 90% done

Mi8/17 ready, just need Nogovan Roundel Adding. 90% done

AN-2 - Retexture planned

C130 – planning

Vehicles

Landrovers - planning

Urals - planning

t55 - planning

bmp1/bmp2 – planning

Marksman – (t55 chassis – AntiAir Unit) or ZSU-23-4 Shilka

t55 agm – planning

Infantry

Nogovan Highland Rangers – in progress 80% done

Troska Troop – Nogovan Special Air Service - 50% done

Nogovan Light Infantry – update current pack to include reservists and Military Police

Civilian Items

Nogovan Police Units

Hey R0adki11, do you have a bigger picture of the flag in your sig or at least the main symbol?

I would edit the specular strength on those CT guys, they look very shiny at the moment.

also your probably aware of the kneepads and strap on the diffuse but not on the model or normal map?

they look very shiny at the moment.

... you may get an impression that they're wearing some rubber chemical overalls

Well if that happens to be the case then so be it.

Would at least edit the parts that arn't going to be rubber; ie the interceptor.

Well if that happens to be the case then so be it.

Would at least edit the parts that arn't going to be rubber; ie the interceptor.

there not going to be rubber, nor shiny. They are still in WIP.

also your probably aware of the kneepads and strap on the diffuse but not on the model or normal map?

thats part of the texture, what do you mean by diffuse? im pretty much a noob when it comes to modeling, i usually just do reskins, so this venture is new for me.

Edited by R0adki11

Diffuse is just the name for the colour map (_co) that you use as the texture on your model. Basically the bog standard texture you see on the model :) Hopefully that's right anyway...

@STALKERGB thanks for the tip.

For some reason its only my black textures which look shiny, my Nogovan Oak, and MTP work fine.

Other updates:

Mig21 is ready for release, as is my BTR-40, as is my t55 reskin.

Hmm, do they use the same RVMATs? It could be that they have different levels of specular strength. Or of course it might just be that it is much more visible on a black background lol The SMDI texture could effect it too if they have been done differently.

yea there using the same RVMATS, i may have to check those and the SMDI texture. Instead of Black for CT units i may adopt some kind of urban camo, which i thinking of calling Nogovan Urban.

G3 rifles from vilas west weapons pack sounds like shit. The same rifles from vilas p85 weapons pack has muuch more better sound. It's weird.

G3 rifles from vilas west weapons pack sounds like shit. The same rifles from vilas p85 weapons pack has muuch more better sound. It's weird.

You'd better mind your tone; This isn't Vilas' thread, so the complaint is on the wrong spot, and Vilas is unable to reply, because he was banned from these forums. Besides, give them addonmakers a break will you? They create their stuff for free, and still people whine about quality, even bitch about it openly talking trash behind their backs like this, calling their addons shit!

If I were an addonmaker, and be treated like that, I would've instantly quit creating my stuff on that very moment, and have it put in the freezer for a long long time, not to be released soon at all! No need to be all fanboyish about it, but respect is the least one can show! :mad:

Talking trash certainly doesn't make addonmakers feel appreciated for giving up spare time, to freely create whatever they're up to.. If it wasn't for those addonmakers still active, Arma-series probably would've been long dead already...

@RoadKi11: Nice to have this modification around aswell, the more diversity the better! :)

Edited by Thani '82

Also, if you really don't like the loadout of the units you can either;

1. Script in a new loadout with removeallweapons/addweapons.

2. Write your own replacement config.

If you need some assistance doing either there is the scripting thread and the config scripting thread where people will give you some advice - best to search there first as I know both topics have already been covered there.

The addon makers probably appreciate constructive criticism and bug reports, but out and out rudeness is not going to help. More than a few addon makers have moved away because they deemed it too much hassle to release their stuff to the public.

Enjoy these units for what they are (which is excellent), or if you don't like them, don't use them.

Edited by Jedra
spelling errors - adding them or removing them - don't know!

what would posess you to post something like that?

If you dont like it.... make your own mod.

@Gerwazy this topic is about my Nogovan Units not Vilas weapons pack, you can clearly see that. Then why post such a horrible comment like that, its totally disrespectful.

On topic, im still having a few issues with getting my Special Forces units to look right, playing with .rvmat settings at the moment, also trying to add a lot variation to the unit as i cant.

Also a t55 reskin and perhaps a t72 reskin are on the cards, also i have another Mig21 pack in the works, which will be different in that it will use GLT weapons, the version will be a Mig21 Lancer Version.

Edited by R0adki11

Also a t55 reskin and perhaps a t72 reskin are on the cards.

Sweet! Some welcome heavy armor creeping down the planning-pipeline. :) I have to say, the amazing thing about the written Order Of Combat thingy is, that it's pretty much accurately portraying the financial situation of a nation which Nogova is. I mean, it doesn't have oil-rigs to see the money coming, and it's not that much of a tourism-magnet either.

So not too much financial military funding I suppose, hence the reason for BTR-40, and T55, plus V3S trucks, (possibly all) giftwrapped by the Czech Republik. (whom had a dislike of communist system btw! I can think of reasons why they would sell Nogova some old Czhech V3S trucks etc. for that matter.)

Anyways, nice, nice, and again nice to hear. :)