Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

Nogovan Armed Forces Project WIP

I still have to get my soldiers working in game hoping this week i hope i will get a chance, though currently hooked on playing Dragonage which is a problem.

Weapons wise i am currently keeping an eye on Christian. 1987's G3 addon http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1548911&postcount=177.

This could make a good standard infantry addon, though may have to look about getting my FnFals in game if i can. :)

Here is some more work in progress on a rifleman, progress is slow at the moment: nli_arma2_rifleman.gif

Would it be possible to make them look a little dated? Seems all the models out there are the marines but with different Camo. Maybe go with Soviet helmets and one colour fatigues. Use FN's with the premise that its a slow change over to nato standard!

@NickLomas

This has been talked about, they are the default sample models from ArmA 1.

@R0adki11

Vilas didn't give permission of his Polish Army guys? (saw you asked him some time ago)

That's really sad

I would use another model but im abit limited in what i can use, there are limited resources out their compared to OFP. I have received no permission from Vilas even after a direct message, so i will continue using what i have, at the end of the day i do this for fun, so we shall see what happens.

Its been along time coming after juggling full time work, and other commitments. Some in game shots of re-textured CDF troops which will form the basis of my infantry.

NLI_arma2_rifleman20104.jpg

other images can be found here:

http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/NLI_arma2_rifleman20103.jpg

http://naf.8bit-online.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/NLI_arma2_rifleman20102.jpg

Also with OA released i will do an Desert Camo version of my infantry, also you can expect Nogovan Highland Rangers making an appearance in the future aswell.

@Helping_Hand thanks, do you have any wip for Arma2 you made nice addons for OFP.

@esco7800 thats for your comments

Good to see you still working on them, CDF soldier models are seem to be nice choice (at least little bit better than Arma 1 models IMHO)

Yea i find they are much better than the Arma1 models, the CDF models will do fine for my infantry. SF will most defiantly use a custom model. At the moment im unsure what i will be arming the infantry with, i was going to go with an Fn-Fal, but an Fn-Fal m203 does not exist. I was looking at Steyr Augs.

Well seems like FN-FAL was only used with an underbarrel grenade launcher in the Vietnam war by Australian troops, who acquired the experimental XM148, but those were very rare. They were more commonly available with muzzle-launched rifle grenades.

if we at project racs can be of any assistance just get in touch.

@ stuff for ArmA 2 no mate, I've not done anything since OFP, those were good times.

kind of like an enlarged 6 color, ? i like the idea

6 colour camo im not sure, i found it while searching for desert colour schemes, i don't know much about realistic camo or military terminology etc. I didn't want to go down the crye camo route as that would be too modern for Nogovan Light Infantry. Hoping to get a balance if i can find some darker camo, as this current camo doesnt blend well into Takistan.

The rest of the Infantry are getting there slowly, only need to sort out my weapons and i will be ready for a release. :)

Further WIP, another possible camo and this one im liking the look of alot:

NLI_crye_camo.jpg

and another

NLI_crye_camo_fnfal.jpg

Edited by R0adki11
new image added

just a few opinions needed should i make these infantry and ARMA2 addon or an OA addon. Im swaying to going toward OA due to i can use some the addons present with some simple reskins:

Im looking at using:

• UH1 - adding an Nogovan roundel to it
  • t55 - adding an bear or lion symbol as these are the symbols of the Nogovan Armour teams
  • btr-152 - adding similar insignia as the t55
  • an-2 - adding an Nogovan Roundel
  • also the landrovers and a number of support vehicles

Also could people give me opinions on the arid camo as my previous post.

Thanks

I really like the camo. I believe that's multicam, correct?

yea its multi camo, i tried a 6 colour desert scheme, but it stood out like a sore thumb, the camo did not blend into the surroundings of OA