Sign in to follow this  
manzilla

Comedian Robin Williams plays A1/A2???

I heard this from a friend of mine whom I went to boarding school with in Mass, USA. Why would he know? Well fast forward a bunch of years and my buddy is now a hot shot entertainment lawyer in Hollywood. So I was talking to him the other day and we were reminiscing about playing heated matches on the SNES and Genesis in the dorms, and many other things I can not mention on these forums over fear of corrupting the youth that may be lurking. Well we got on the subject of A2 of which he's a fan, and he had mentioned to me that a client of his was a huge fan of A1 and had recently bought A2. This client just happened to be Robin Williams. This lead me to say "That's wild, I love those games. Wait..... how the hell does someone like you get a client like that?" (I guess it helps having a legendary Hollywood lawyer as your father.)

Then tonight I saw Robin Williams on Conan O'brian and he just happened to say he's a huge fan of military games and plays MP. He neglected to say which games, for good reason I guess.

I just figured I'd mention this. Although I trust my friend is not pulling my leg, I can't confirm this in anyway. Whether it's BS or not I can not say. It could be just a coincidence. The kid comes from a pedigree that it's not all that unbelievable.

Now, there's a moral to this story. It never hurts to be nice to strangers, you never know who may be playing with.

Take this for what it's worth. I just wanted to throw this out there.

WTF is Robin Williams? Should I know him? :p

LOL -thats really funny!

For some reason I have hard time imagining him getting into a game like this, maybe it was Mork and Mindy, I don't know, but glad we have a celebrity endorser. Now how about passing onto him to start a monster dedi-server:p

Wikipedia says;

"Williams is an avid enthusiast of games, enjoying pen-and-paper role-playing games and online video games, recently playing Warcraft 3, Day of Defeat, Half-Life, and the first-person shooter Battlefield 2 as a sniper."

There's a short interview with him here, about his video gaming habits

Though I fail to see why I should be nicer to him than anyone else online. "Kill them all, for God will know his own."

Yeah back in the Half-Life 1 days he was known to be a big Day of Defeat fan. He's also seen around GDCs sometimes (search for the Robin Williams Spore video ;) )

WTF is Robin Williams? Should I know him? :p

Maybe? He was the US base radio announcer in the movie Good Morning Vietnam, and played a dork in Mork and Mindy comedy series.

Along with many other movies, mostly comedy.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

He played America's Army until the AA community went down the drain. He was alot of fun to play with and he was a pretty damned deadly shot too!

Wouldn't surprise me if he's playing A1/A2. He's a cunning cuss who likes to outhink his opponent.

I guess you do have to have a pretty good sense of humour to play ArmA sometimes :p

Yer all wrong! He sung 'Angels' and used to be in 'Take That' :D:p:D

OMG, what a legend, he just moved up on my list of favorite comedians.

I can just imagine playing away and hearing a "gooooooooooooooooood mornin' vietnam!!!!!!" coming out of one of your team mates :D

Well at the end of the day celebrities are people too and have the same hobbies as anyone. Another well-known celebrity gamer is Vin Diesel.

He was actually just on the Tonight Show and said he didn't keep up with technology; but yet he could do all the lingo, you know that "OMG wut r u doin mk" crap

I think he was lying (about not keeping up with tech) ;)

I saw another intervju with him where he said he is a huge fan of the military. Not the killing (that he hates with passion he said) but the gear and drills etc.

So i guess hes out there at times trying to snipe our asses. :D

Alex

Hehe, wonder under which name he posts his bug reports here :p

But thanks for this thread, quite intresting read. :)

I firmly believe that you can meet Mr. Williams in game if you visit northern Chernarus. I have reliable sources claiming he is a close personal friend of the legendary Bigfoot ;)

Edited by nominesine

I think he was lying (about not keeping up with tech) ;)

Must be lying if he plays ArmA 2 :D

Hum? Are you sure that he is not talking about other games? Wont he be a little disappointed by it release state?

Wait! Maybe, just maybe, he is hiding among all of us and joined the party of bitching and moaning about bugs or non-features, or simply go all the way fanboyent? :p

Edited by 4 IN 1

Hunt for Robin Williams in MP will be the same as the hunt for the Bigfoot in SP :D

this is quite nice information if true

I can just imagine playing away and hearing a "gooooooooooooooooood mornin' vietnam!!!!!!" coming out of one of your team mates :D

I´m almost tempted to do that someday... but shhhh...dont tell anyone.

by the way, if you guys really care, check tecticalgamers.com...

pretty sure he must be fan of The Unsung mod :)