Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

BykerGrove.Takistan?

ant_and_dec_byker_grove_12_470x353.jpg

'Why aye PJ man, sorry to hear about them paintballs.'

d8ffff07_ae1a_5d99.jpg&t=1

XM-25 airburst weapon in next DLC pls (I can dream).

Edited by Richey79

Could someone convince me why I need to buy ArmA 2 OA if I like ArmA 2?

What is the added value of OA?

What can't be found in the regular 2 when compared to OA which should not be overlooked?

Yeah 3 questions but the first one is the bottomline.

Simple answer is - OA is basically a standalone expansion with loads of new content and a additional Maps with campaign and single player campaigns. Also when installed and you already have ARMA 2, you automatically get Combined Operations (CO), so you can use the new content in OA on all maps (need to install in same Directry as Arma 2 though to get CO).

Plus (am not sure about this though so someone may correct me later), you can then make use of BAF and PMC downloadable content to the full.

Also you can download and play user made mods and mission that where designed for OA/CO. where as with Vanilla Arma 2 you can't.

Also multiplay - Most severs run on CO now, and i don't think you can join them without CO.

Agreed, but I wouldn't think otherwise.

Let me put it like this:

What single function/feature made you buying OA?

Well no single function/feature made me decide to buy OA.

I bought it purely because it was an expansion pack, and therefore i would get all the additional content and features to add to Arma 2.

Agreed, but I wouldn't think otherwise.

Let me put it like this:

What single function/feature made you buying OA?

Completely new maps and terrain to play in, and EVERY building is enterable and useable! Fighting in towns is much more interesting!

- OA is required for future DLC packs (PMC and BAF so far)

- OA gives you lots of new units and weapons

If you just play single-player, you can stick with ArmA2 but will be severely limited in what community made missions you can play.

If you play multi-player, expect about 1/10th of the servers will support you, rest will require OA/CO.

For time being, OA is the future of ArmA2, can't get by without it. Shop around, it's cheap, shouldn't be too hard a decision...

It's how you define cheap.

Some find $80, some say only $10 is cheap, if you catch my drift.

Next to that, in my city, OA is nowhere. No shop has it.

So I installed the demo of OA, and found out that the mission editor is completely functional.

Does every scripting command work, and does custom mission/objects (and adding them in your Addons map)work?

Anybody noticed some problems with this way of working?

Does every scripting command work, and does custom mission/objects (and adding them in your Addons map)work?

Anybody noticed some problems with this way of working?

No, addons dont work in the demo. I'm not sure about the number of scripting commands that work. OA is available on Sprocket though for digital download.

On the new update they put in the hand signals one problem every time i run or some thing dose the hang signal so i have to wait about 4 sec to shoot or any thing any way to get rid of that?

Hi, the OA runs at 10fps on the 8th or 10th mission of the campaign in my computer while the ArmA2 runs at 23fps in the middle of the bigger city, during the campaign; the OA vegetation looks like taken from the Operation Flashpoint while the ArmA2 vegetation and grass looks much better and natural. There're the Marines on the ArmA2, you've the army on the OA... why do you need the army for when you've the Marines...!?.

I'd felt swindled after install the OA, so i'd uninstalled it and never gonna install it again, so when the ArmA2 dies... the BIS games would had died for me. Let's C ya

Yes, It's great occasion for people who they like the boxes. Like me. Now I'm angry that I bought the DLCs on Sprocket :)

Edited by chicago

Hi

I have ArmA2 OA But It Crashes When I Select Single Player - campaign what Should I Do ??? Do I Need ArmA 2 To Play ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead ????

I Have Win7 32bit 3Gb RAM Nvidia 9300GE

Where are the takistani game locations situated at

The central Takistan region is located between the 'R' of Sarman Ghar and the lake (lake Charsu).

RiE

And main takistani ingame location is also situated in the center of the country, covered with NATO zone?

An ArmA 2 aircraft question; Noticed that the ArmA2OA harriers bombs lock on & hit a Red target lock without someone lazing the target & acting like a guided missile. The USMC A10 bombs don't, they need a laser lock as they should. Is there a way to turn off the auto lock on Harriers & other aircraft like the ACR jet etc

A-10 bombs are GBU-12 which need laser designation.

Harrier bombs are Mk82 which are not laser guided.

Problem is they do guide themselves like a free fall guided missile, only the ArmA USMC A10 weapons behave realisticaly. Even the Harrier MK82 Iron bombs guide themselves try it.

Edited by jgaz-uk

Found a way to change the loadout of AV8B to fix the problem. A laser spot required for lock :yay:

I just installed the game and then it asks me for a serial key and i only find a installation key in my arma 2 oa case. it says like this;Please enter your serial number in the supplied text area and click 'Activate' to unlock. This will connect to the license server via the Internet and request an unlock license. Press 'Cancel' to abort.

So Please help :P I just wanna play some DayZ :yay:

I just installed the game and then it asks me for a serial key and i only find a installation key in my arma 2 oa case. it says like this;Please enter your serial number in the supplied text area and click 'Activate' to unlock. This will connect to the license server via the Internet and request an unlock license. Press 'Cancel' to abort.

So Please help :P I just wanna play some DayZ :yay:

Did you actually enter the installation key you found in the case? If so what happened?