Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Dunno if someone already noticed this:

I was taking some screens, and after moving a little the unit in the editor, went to preview and something bugged me. At the time didn´t know what. But now that I saw the SS, the vest had a diferent camo. Verry cool but,explanations?

arma2oa2010072819052159.jpg

arma2oa2010072818544968.jpgarma2oa2010072818545449.jpg <= lol

PS: This game looks like s&*$ sometimes (due vegetation\terrain LOD\textures at distance) and other times is breath taking...

Edited by Smurf

I know! Look at cooper in the editor, and also look at special forces with ACU+Multicam... In first person, the pants are different camo's then they are in third person...

Agreed, but which country should it be? Personally, I would like to see a Russian faction with more and upgraded weaponry. Or a Chinese PLA faction. The latter being the largest military in the entire world.

PLA and Iraq... maybe North Korea

But now that I saw the SS, the vest had a diferent camo.

There is a "urban" camo also.

The trees/bushes are very good quality, the grass is not very dense, thats why some ppl might not like it very much, but ArmA2/OA is at the height of graphixx. :):)

Dunno if someone already noticed this:

I was taking some screens, and after moving a little the unit in the editor, went to preview and something bugged me. At the time didn´t know what. But now that I saw the SS, the vest had a diferent camo. Verry cool but,explanations?

PS: This game looks like s&*$ sometimes (due vegetation\terrain LOD\textures at distance) and other times is breath taking...

From the config:

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\CA\characters_E\LOC\Data\LOC_ind01_1_co.paa"};

class EventHandlers: EventHandlers

{

init = "(_this select 0) setObjectTexture [0,[""\CA\characters_E\LOC\Data\LOC_ind01_1_co.paa"",""\CA\characters_E\LOC\Data\LOC_ind01_2_co.paa"",""\CA\characters_E\LOC\Data\LOC_ind01_3_co.paa""] select floor random 3]";

};

};

Some guerilla and milita models select a random texture at initialization.(also civilians). Cool stuff eh?;)

Indeed, very cool. They should expand this ideia to add more variety to units, adding\removing ammo pouches models to the vest of the soldiers and so on.

And the discussion topic at the time in the video is first person shooters. FPDR

Yea only 2 secs but a lt of people saw it. : P

i see mistakes:

FAL has burst like M16A2 instead of full auto

ELCAN SPECTER DR has no zoom and no NV like in real life (Polish GROM uses Elcan Specter DR, this is day-night scope with 1-4x zoom)

once again wrong AK74-RPK in game

a.t.m. i see a lot of error messages about not loaded, missing textures,

cause i had a lot of error messages about "not able to load texture "brick" " not able to load carpet, not able to load roof etc.

i see mistakes:

FAL has burst like M16A2 instead of full auto

ELCAN SPECTER DR has no zoom and no NV like in real life (Polish GROM uses Elcan Specter DR, this is day-night scope with 1-4x zoom)

once again wrong AK74-RPK in game

thisthreadagain.jpg

Do you not get bored of being boring?

You're a good modder Vilas, why don't you correct them? ;)

Latest UK issue of PC Gamer has a section on ArmA2 (how to install mods, including ACE2). Surprisingly it's quite detailed. Also a side panel on how to use "attachto" to mount a machine gun emplacement on a cow, like you do.

They're also setting up an ArmA server, or will be playing on someone else's server soon, or something. To be honest, I'm a bit hazy about online stuff, I've never played ArmA online.

Detailed enough for a techno-idiot like me? And I mean idiot

Also a side panel on how to use "attachto" to mount a machine gun emplacement on a cow, like you do.

Hey! They stole my idea I had way back! :mad:

Celery asked me if it was possible to attach a machine gun to a crow before he got Arma 2, but I misread crow as cow. So I used attachTo to attach a Dshkm to the top of a cow and sent him a picture. Epic facepalms ensued. :p

Do you not get bored of being boring?

At least his has some kind of gravity on gameplay. Do you remember the thread before ArmA II came out about the exhaust pipe being on the wrong side? I never got that one.

but I misread crow as cow

Haha, awesome!

Have you noticed how a lot of times one headshot wont kill the enemy? Pretty lol, and I dont have extended armor turned on. :j:

I mean from distance.

Didnt know where to put this but ive finally got my hard copy of OA, and wow!... friggn awesome!

Now im really excited about the possibilities of some nice DLC... i have mentioned islands as my preferred choice but if there were to be other units i would hope it would be for Opfor, even some generic mercenary type units, or expanding on the Takistani special forces... i know we can use russian units from Arma but i want some badass lookn spetsnaz types with their own high tech arsenal.

Cheers BIS - sorry for pimpn the other game :p

Edited by Katipo66

I am downloading from steam as we type. Yaaaaawww !

I suck at Arma 2 but I LOVE it. It is the only PC game I really play on my Toshiba laptop. A real open world. Amazing work.

Now the new environments really excites me. Love that desert look.

I know I am late to the party, Shame on me! Dork.

Anyway, can't wait to tell you stories of my grisly death from a 1000 yards.

Cheers and happy proning !

Bongoboy.

so so SO great !

Thanks Bistudio...the vibe is awesome.

I played One Shot One Kill, took me forever. Lost my wingman, sorry buddy. I hid in the bushes trembling. (After taking out my Baddie target.)

then I picked off a few stray dudes huntin me down. Sweet sniper rifle.

then I ran like a little girl in my gelli suit !

Now i am parachuting...I'm sure this will go well.

It's a freakin playground!. CHEERS TO ALL !

Bongo.

any idea what this is? BIS error

ca\structures_e\misc\misc_garbage\misc_garb_square_ep1.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

Hi, it's seems that the dev forgot to add new arty computer to scud takistan in patch 54.

They didn't update the officer, chief & some unit to be able to use arty computer, to command multiple strike on map, using arty unit avaiable on field, for this computer arty should add a fonction to choose arty unit that we want to use.

Edited by Gazmen

Hi, it's seems that the dev forgot to add new arty computer to scud takistan in patch 54.

I don't think they planned on doing anything with the scud unfortunately.