Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

What if his mom took him to Nascar.

ENOUGH OFFTOPIC.

I just want to point out to anyone who hasnt tried it, Ambient Civilians(ALICE2) work on any map now. Razani is perfect and works amazingly. New life is brought to those great afghan/iraq maps from ArmA 1!

GOT MY COPY!!!

Now just gota get home from work!!!!!

She has done me proud. Installing OA now. She followed the instruction to show them the picture. Apparently they only had 3 copies and I had the first.

She has done me proud. Installing OA now. She followed the instruction to show them the picture. Apparently they only had 3 copies and I had the first.

I hope you show her due consideration and let her know how much you appreciate her effort.:)

Yes, Luke, you can be proud of your mum.

Must have been as once upon a time when my parents bought the Commodore C64 (!) as a birthday's gift for me ... anyone remember "Zaxxon" ?

And this time, this second : INSTALLLING OA :yay:

Yes, Luke, you can be proud of your mum.

Must have been as once upon a time when my parents bought the Commodore C64 (!) as a birthday's gift for me ... anyone remember "Zaxxon" ?

And this time, this second : INSTALLLING OA :yay:

Zaxxon takes me back! My actual nick comes from the title of an old C64 game. Google "Killerwatt".

I hope you show her due consideration and let her know how much you appreciate her effort.:)

Don't worry I will. She did a good job. Considering she knows nothing about games.

Google "Killerwatt".

great: "mind your head"-text between the caves ;)

ok, back to topic (but this short trip into past had to be ;)@Killerwatt)

OA first look is bombastic and very atmospheric ... ! love @ 1st sight

question: I'v merged A2 & OA right now - is there a comfortable/efficient way to port the existing customized A2-key-bindings into OA-setup ?

I mean: will copying/pasting the key-bindings-part from [name].ArmA2Profile over [name].ArmA2OAProfile work ? are there new bindings in OA that don't exist in A2 ?

EDIT, ok, there ARE differences in key-bindings ... hmmm, think I'll do it ingame

EDIT: for the ones of you that have a similar question: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101248

Edited by langgis08
differences: yes

Woo! ordered from amazon and for $3 more I got it the next morning. Loving it so far, performance for me seems to be actually rather swell with what specs I have.

(for reference)

4 gigs of DDR 2 memory, intel pentium D 2.80ghz and x2 Nvidia gefore 9500 GT's, although I am pretty sure the SLI feature is off right now..

Might not be able to use full settings but hey I can still use 100% 3D res, high textuers, 3-5K viewdistance and have shadows and grass, and those alone are enough for me, even get a smooth ride too.

intel pentium D 2.80ghz

Off topic buuuuuut......

I can't believe someone other than my poor self still has this ancient CPU haha. I don't feel so alone anymore.:yay:

Can anyone tell me how to use the ULB please. I can make it turn left and right and go up and down but can't pitch or roll

Can anyone tell me how to use the ULB please. I can make it turn left and right and go up and down but can't pitch or roll

You move it by clicking on the map to add a waypoint. Crtl + map click to add multiple waypoints.

Is ALICE2 got functional improvement?

Or just replacing Chernarusian to Takistani people?

Is there easy way uncombine ARMA2 and OA? I have ARMA2 DVD-version and installed Sprocket dl-version in the same location. It would be nice to be able to run OA only so I know for example in mission making that only OA assets are used and people having OA only can play that mission too.

In main menu under Expansions Arma 2 and OA can't be disabled.

Original ARMA2 separately can be run using the original arma2.exe. So it's OA-only mode I'm missing.

So there is no Laser Target Desinator in OA?

Dont you just luv the big ass green laser pointing out on the taliban hideout, then a AH opens fire on that spot.

Correct me if i am wrong and tell me which unit ownes them.

reading the OA manual's section of ingame graphic settings (german version) I found this, but I don't find this option ingame at all:

"Shading detail (Shader-detail) – beeinträchtigt alle besonderen, im Spiel verwendeten Shader-techniken."

my (non-professional ;)) translation for this:

"Shader-detail - reduces function of all special and technical shadings ingame"

... this note appears also in the Arma2 manual, but I don't get this option anywhere in the menue, not in ArmA2 and not in OA ("Comb Op."). Has this been an option that once had been there (maybe in Armed Assault "Part One" -which I don't own-or in A2 Ver. 1.0 and has just been forgotten to be deleted out of the manual's content ?

btw: is/was this shading-option equivalent to the config-entry of "HDRPrecision=[0,8,16,32]" ?

In your NAME.arma(oa)profile file there is the entry "shadingQuality=7;" (I believe 7 is the default) I've never actually noticed that big of a difference ingame when changing the number.

So there is no Laser Target Designator in OA?

US / Men (Special Forces) / Forward Air Controller

Weapon classname is LaserDesignator, magazine is LaserBatteries. Which I think is the same as in pre-OA, so it may just be that the laser designator has received a functionality upgrade in OA. It has normal vision, night vision and thermal.

In your NAME.arma(oa)profile file there is the entry "shadingQuality=7;" (I believe 7 is the default) I've never actually noticed that big of a difference ingame when changing the number.

Which if I'm not mistaken is controlled by Video Memory in game, right?

thx for help - ok, I see ...

have found the entry "shadingQuality=[n];"

it was on 3 with default setup (first startup of the game yesterday), now I've changed ingame AA from normal to high, aiming deadzone to max (effecting shaders at all ?), head bob from "max" to "very low", meaning 1st step in the slider (effecting shaders at all ?) and made 3d-res=100% (was 88% on default) and now it's 10 - so shading-quality-value seems to vary with changing the various menue graphic settings ingame "automatically" and the value set by the game engine itself seems to be the result of the setting's mix - so that's why there's just no option for that needed anymore, I guess.

Was thinking about picking up OA since GoGamer.com has it on sale for 29.99 today, but I wanted to know if and how it will affect my ARMA 2 upon merging them.

For example if I go back and play ARMA 2 campaign what benefits will it have from OA? ie: new damage modeling, flairs, graphics, weapon penetration, flir, etc?

Basically want to gauge the overall benefit of the expansion, beyond a new land and few new vehicles.

Thanks,

If you like OFP/Arma/Arma2 you really should just buy it, it's just a natural evolution of the engine.

-The flir is really good.

-The soundengine is a lot better (more sounds can be played at the same time, giving fights a lot more atmosphere...), this might seem a small change but i think it's huge.

-The new content is very good and detailed.

In short: to me it's just the best version of the engine up to date.

A lot of other companies would sell OA as a full fledged new game and not as an expansion. I personally think that this might mean that BIS is not considering this the last iteration of Arma. Maybe they are waiting for better pchardware that could allow a lot more features in a further enhanced engine.

Note that this is, of course, pure speculation.

Months of fun for the price of 2 meals.

I don't know if it would change much to the A2 campaign. Don't really feel like replaying that.