Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Yes, we should leave all non white out, how sounds that!

Then nobody will be offended!

Hm, we should really see more diversity though

remember, it's only racism if it comes form white people... ;) :j:

on topic: aren't there any reviews out yet? the game's gone gold a while ago, and it will release earlier in Russia, won't it? :confused:

Don't know if this has been brought up/discussed alot, but in one of the trailers you can see MTVR, does this mean Desert Marines or was BIS just lazy enough not to port&retexture ArmA1 5t Truck? Or is it part of Armaverse's future where US Army has began to use the MTVR? :)

man I hope bis has ch53 in the OA..

the army SHOULD be using the FMTV... but it seems like bis just missed that little point :p

I just hope they got something beliveable IG. Like MRAP or Heavilly armoured HMMWV, tho I say its highly unlikelly to see such a thing.. but I can hope, right? :p

I just hope they got something beliveable IG. Like MRAP or Heavilly armoured HMMWV, tho I say its highly unlikelly to see such a thing.. but I can hope, right? :p

Uparmored Humvees have already been confirmed.

Don't know if this has been brought up/discussed alot, but in one of the trailers you can see MTVR, does this mean Desert Marines or was BIS just lazy enough not to port&retexture ArmA1 5t Truck? Or is it part of Armaverse's future where US Army has began to use the MTVR? :)

Well OA (like ArmA2) plays in the near future so there's at least a chance the Army using MTVRs. :p

man I hope bis has ch53 in the OA..

You can hope what you want but OA is about the Army. And the Army does not operate any CH-53s. :)

the army SHOULD be using the FMTV... but it seems like bis just missed that little point

I'd prefer the old 5-ton trucks. The FMTVs look like some civilian Japanese imports.

Aren't the MRAPs only used by the U.S. Marines?

You can hope what you want but OA is about the Army. And the Army does not operate any CH-53s. :)

Well, A2 is about USMC, and they don´t operate any A-10 or AH-64.

But Im glad they are there. :p

Damn, I knew someone would come up with this. :D

Edited by W0lle

I'd prefer the old 5-ton trucks. The FMTVs look like some civilian Japanese imports.

Aren't the MRAPs only used by the U.S. Marines?

No, the Army uses them too. Like the Couger in Iraq and Afghanistan and the MATV.

No, the Army uses them too. Like the Couger [sic] in Iraq and Afghanistan and the MATV.

All right, thanks for the information. ;)

personally, I don't give a bean if X is re-skinned or Y is ported. I like the US army guys , the czech guys, FLIR and the objects (for new and current maps.. especially those made by ebanks) I have no problem paying 35 bucks or whatever the cost for that, I am a new content whore. Old content (but reskinned) , i don't care for.

anyone else feel this way?

personally' date=' I don't give a bean if X is re-skinned or Y is ported. I like the US army guys , the czech guys, FLIR and the objects (for new and current maps.. especially those made by ebanks) I have no problem paying 35 bucks or whatever the cost for that, I am a new content whore. Old content (but reskinned) , i don't care for.

anyone else feel this way?[/quote']

Personally I would like things to be made new instead of ported from arma 1 or bought from modders, alot of objects in arma 2 are just arma 1 models with the new super shaders (or so I heard).

More polygons, new textures, details also feel that I have too much content maybe Im the only one, but I would like to see more engine features and improvements then more content.

This game could be the only game I play for another decade, if I actually started to learn more complex scripting then HNNNNNNG!

personally' date=' I don't give a bean if X is re-skinned or Y is ported.[/quote']

As a mixed race dual nationality progressive young gentleman i demand representation!

Why do no games ever have any part chinese/british/american player models?

Personally I would like things to be made new instead of ported from arma 1 or bought from modders, alot of objects in arma 2 are just arma 1 models with the new super shaders (or so I heard).

Yes ported from ArmA1 like the UH-1Y, the Apache, the MTVRs, the T-90, the Vodniks, the Kamaz trucks, the Su-25, the Osprey, the UAVs, the LAV-25 and BTR-90, the LHD, the Tunguska, the MLRS and Grads. Oh and the buildings I forgot.

Yes a lot of objects in ArmA2 are just ported from ArmA1. :rolleyes:

And those models which were ported, why in the world should they create the same models again from scratch when they are already there? Time is money even in game development. And running a game studio is not a Mod team which has all the time it needs to finish stuff.

Re. purchasing models from the community. Why they should not take superior models made by the community and pay them for it? But you of course would tell them to bugger off if they would offer you money for your work I guess. :p

As a mixed race dual nationality progressive young gentleman i demand representation!

Why do no games ever have any part chinese/british/american player models?

Yeah I think BIS could use alittle more diversity in the player models, some hispanic, asian etc.

maybe some of the marines and such could look alittle older, these guys all look like 18 year olds! :D

There is a diversity and maybe a little too much.. you guys ever noticed if you put a 12 man squad down there always seems to be way more black soldiers than any other soldier which i find kind of annoying .. and don't think iIm racist because well I'm actually black, i just wish it would be a little more balanced.

Yeah I think BIS could use alittle more diversity in the player models, some hispanic, asian etc.

maybe some of the marines and such could look alittle older, these guys all look like 18 year olds! :D

Check again. In Arma2 some of the faces look old. And I mean really really old. Asians (as textures) are covered as well. Face36; old black guy. Face76; asian looking with brown mustache. You may want to put some reference faces, on model, in the game, as this document doesn't really do them justice. Compare skin tone and eye shape.

Not sure what "defines" hispanic. But I'd die if Maradona was suddenly an Arma soldier :D

@DXfan01: Define your squad yourself, in CfgIdentities in description.ext, problem solved. Not sure if changing the mission.sqm seed value does anything.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Yes ported from ArmA1 like the UH-1Y, the Apache, the MTVRs, the T-90, the Vodniks, the Kamaz trucks, the Su-25, the Osprey, the UAVs, the LAV-25 and BTR-90, the LHD, the Tunguska, the MLRS and Grads. Oh and the buildings I forgot.

And those models which were ported, why in the world should they create the same models again from scratch when they are already there? Time is money even in game development. And running a game studio is not a Mod team which has all the time it needs to finish stuff.

Re. purchasing models from the community. Why they should not take superior models made by the community and pay them for it? But you of course would tell them to bugger off if they would offer you money for your work I guess. :p

Your quite the sarcastic mod arn't you... :bored:

Your quite the sarcastic mod arn't you... :bored:

Negative, I'm the one out of control. :p

Negative, I'm the one out of control. :p

Yeah cmon it says it right below his name. :cool:

Bohemia signed with Koch Media for distribution of the forthcoming MilSim hit Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead in the UK & Scandinavia

Straight from the twitter. Hope that settles some worries for those in the UK.

edit: Aaaaannnddd I'm 14 hours late on this so it was probably already posted.

so did the ported models get some add polygons or something thats my concern, I know I didnt seem like I recognized it in my last post but I know developers recycle things to say time like you said.

But I want to know if they really made any polycount changes to enhance the quality of the models, besides adding some new textures and super shader?

(Insert) I dont know what the hell im talking about (Insert)

Yeah cmon it says it right below his name. :cool:

Cool let the hunting party begin! :coop:

I doubt that any of the old models received any updates besides textures, shaders and the new "flat tire" sort of tweaks.