Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

The British Forces seen on AAN are not community made stuff. I'm assuming they will be DLC, along with probably "Black Element".

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6
s

It was officially stated on youtube by the official BI account that british forces would not be included.

Yup. They just made them für das lulz.

Yup. They just made them für das lulz.

nice one lol

Edited by ziiip

Dont you guys think E3 would have been the perfect venue to showcase this game?

Not really the market BIS is marketing the game too, Im sure if anyone there already has Arma 2 they would know about OA

I wouldnt expect any Call of Duty kiddies after watching that Black Ops footage to go

"Gee Wizz a real fucking game! Bout time I go by myself a monster of a PC to play Operation Arrowhead on!"

YEAH RIGHT! :rolleyes:

Not really the market BIS is marketing the game too, Im sure if anyone there already has Arma 2 they would know about OA

I wouldnt expect any Call of Duty kiddies after watching that Black Ops footage to go

"Gee Wizz a real fucking game! Bout time I go by myself a monster of a PC to play Operation Arrowhead on!"

You never know mate. Plus you do realize not all gamers are kids. No harm in putting a a few pc's with OA loaded up doing a simple coop mission together.

You never know mate. Plus you do realize not all gamers are kids. No harm in putting a a few pc's with OA loaded up doing a simple coop mission together.

I guess he meant the CoD players, little cheating bastards, oh well, it's much better they not getting OA, i would be frustrated in multiplayer games, enough assholes around the public servers anyways.

But what BIS stated about the (god forgive me) dlc, that the core game won't bring back enough money, well i was thinking of what people said about BIS marketing. Not enough hype, still OA is much much more than an average expansion pack.

well, Gee, i didn't know the E3 was only for one type of gamer :j: . here i was thinking it was the world's largest gaming expo attracting all kinds of gamers, developers and publishers.

how about you get off your high horse of false elitism? playing ArmA 2 instead of any other game doesn't make you better than anybody else.

well, Gee, i didn't know the E3 was only for one type of gamer :j: . here i was thinking it was the world's largest gaming expo attracting all kinds of gamers, developers and publishers.

how about you get off your high horse of false elitism? playing ArmA 2 instead of any other game doesn't make you better than anybody else.

well said

I would imagen it's pretty expensive to get a stall at E3 and for a game like ArmA2 it probably doesn't/wouldn't sell the units to make the cost worthwhile. Or maybe they were just too busy!

I would imagen it's pretty expensive to get a stall at E3 and for a game like ArmA2 it probably doesn't/wouldn't sell the units to make the cost worthwhile. Or maybe they were just too busy!

Come on now. it wont cost them millions to do it for pete's sake. i bet it will cost far less then advertsing using bilboards or tv ads.

Just look at the youtube comments on the latest OA trailer, many are saying how awesome it looks.

I'm glad they're not at E3...and I think they are as well.

One day spent there should look just like one day in hell.

So your glad BIS not selling better then they should because E3 could have been a nice cheap way of advertising their product

I don't think BIS has a lot to gain by attending E3. If I recall correctly, it wasn't terribly sucessful the last time (few times?) they did. Then again, who knows, it's their call.

Meh, E3 is the most mainstream of mainstream gaming. It's all mainstream, and that is not what BIS' games are. I don't think they'd be at all popular if they went to E3, what with all the huge mainstream games coming out this year. To be honest, I'd rather have BIS spend the money on their games. It's a well-known fact that some developers spend more on their booths at E3 than they do on their games. ;)

The British Forces seen on AAN are not community made stuff. I'm assuming they will be DLC, along with probably "Black Element".

I'm pretty sure they Black Element or Black Water Mercs will be in the game on release because I remember seeing a screenshot or two from a tester and it had a 2007 Chevy Expedition in the background. Now I don't think any of the civilians will be driving this around or any of the Military forces, so unless there's some other faction we don't know about that might use that kinda of vehicle for transport, I'm thinking it belongs to the Mercs and they will be in the game on release. That's just what I think. I really hope so...Also, I don't see how BIS could make a big enough DLC containing Black Water mercs to be worth buying.

Meh, E3 is the most mainstream of mainstream gaming. It's all mainstream, and that is not what BIS' games are. I don't think they'd be at all popular if they went to E3, what with all the huge mainstream games coming out this year. To be honest, I'd rather have BIS spend the money on their games. It's a well-known fact that some developers spend more on their booths at E3 than they do on their games. ;)

And its the mainstream audience that generate the money that can be used to fund future Arma games. Not the 1000 members in here.

Like i said, there is more good then harm for BIS to promote their game at E3. The mainstream market cares for pretty graphics and eye catching features. BOTH Arma 2 OA has. the graphics are brilliant and it has features that make your head turn.

This game is perfect to get the so called mainstreams attention.

This game is perfect to get the so called mainstreams attention.

Yeah but that's what everyone here is against...I thought that was pretty clear...

14 days left and they still haven't updated weapon, vehicles section in arma2 page :P

Yeah but that's what everyone here is against...I thought that was pretty clear...

why? You guys really are stubborn or something. since when is it a bad thing to allow mainstream gamers to enjoy Arma 2.

I suppose i fall into that catagory too then yea? You dont like to play with me in this game too i suppose seeing as i too game on consoles that play so called mainstream games yet somehow, out of a miracle i have been accepted and took part with various different clans all playing this game with headsets, working as a team, doing training game sessions etc and not one of them complained.

umm somethings not right. seriously stop with the "im better than you casual gamers/your too childish to play this game etc etc" because your just as bad as "some" of the kids that play games online.

Mainstream gamers are fine. It's the adolescent (or even pre-adolescent) kid with ADD and a knack for pissing people off and getting pissed off that we don't want. ;)

Mainstream gamers are fine. It's the adolescent (or even pre-adolescent) kid with ADD and a knack for pissing people off and getting pissed off that we don't want. ;)

"OMG NO KILL CAMZ? come ON, we haz da technoligiez rite???"

:shine::shine:

Arrowhead will rock your socks! just look at those videos!! woop! ArmA II is few weeks from greatness wooo can u feel the excitement, i remember back to the day when i heard of OFP:Resistance coming soon! :D