Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

@Flash Thunder. It's on Gamestop on line, and I've seen A2 in Walmart...I bought ArmA 1 at Walmart. :)

Hello

SO you know i am not new to the forums, it just i had forgotten my login and "forgotten password" utility is well and truley bust after 20 minuutes trying

my question is in regards to the Ah-64D in the up and coming arrowhead expansion. I have seen from the videos (death from above) that the pilot of the AH you get a monocle HUD reprsentation in your view. So as you move your head, you still get a crosshair, speed, altitude etc just like in the real Apache. However will it be possible to manipulate the M230 cannon in regards to your view, so like the real system you can take control of the cannon and where you look, and where you crosshair looks, the cannon will follow suit? This would be amazing if it is implemented.

Good question, maybe in scripts. Again, anything is possible.

my local shop is called "GAME" they did sell ARMA2 so i was expecting to see them at least advertise this game or something.

Good luck with that...

Oz has GAME and EB and niether have even heard of it :( Arrowhead that is.

Edited by Grub

Question for devs: will T-55 have cargo positions/proxies on top? :)

I really hope it does. It's like you can feel it, rather than seeing your gun go to the side and up.. I wonder i there is a way to bring it back via script, it sounds like something was disabled.. unless it is a script itself

Another area where recoil just is subpar is when firing tank main guns.This is from inside and thru optics.Fire the weapon and you'll notice that the reticule does not move but you see the weapon recoil slightly back.If basically looks terrible this way and you get no feeling of firing a massive weapon.Sniper rifle reticules move so why can't tank reticules move.Same situation with ironsights just moving weapon and viewpoint doesn't move as compared to the excellent look and feel of sniper or optic weapon view......much better feel.

Another area where recoil just is subpar is when firing tank main guns.This is from inside and thru optics.Fire the weapon and you'll notice that the reticule does not move but you see the weapon recoil slightly back.If basically looks terrible this way and you get no feeling of firing a massive weapon.

Except for the fact that the optics in modern AFVs are fully stabilised, and are actually pretty close to what you see in game.

The exceptions (based on content in A2) would be early model T-72s and the T-34, they should have noticable jump in the optics when the weapon is fired.

Oz has GAME and EB and niether have even heard of it :( Arrowhead that is)

EB in Canada and the US were saying the same thing up until a week until the release of Arma 2.

It wasn't until EB got a ton of calls before they finally got off their butts and orders some copies.

Edited by jblackrupert

Just 65 more members in the ArmA2 Steam group :yay:

Thanks for the heads up. I just told some peeps to join. :D

And what happen when the last members join..?

Hello, quite ironic really as i created athrwad for this question as i thought posting a question related to Arrowhead would get lost in this thread :)

anyway...my question is in regards to the Ah-64D in the up and coming arrowhead expansion.

I have seen from the videos (death from above) that the pilot of the AH you get a monocle HUD reprsentation in your view. So as you move your head, you still get a crosshair, speed, altitude etc just like in the real Apache. However will it be possible to manipulate the M230 cannon in regards to your view, so like the real system you can take control of the cannon and where you look, and where you crosshair looks, the cannon will follow suit? This would be amazing if it is implemented.

Regards

Whisky

Just 65 more members in the ArmA2 Steam group

I'm glad you mentioned that. It led me to investigate a bit about what you were talking about, and it lead me to the OA steam group.

I had no clue there was a "ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead"-group on Steam. Not that I use Steam that much, but I'll gladly join it of course.

If this group reaches 500 members within June 6, there will be "Some exclusive to reveal".

So I'm urging all who can to join up.

Here is the link:

Steam Group - ArmA 2: OA

Direct Steam-link to the group (steam://openurl/*)

Edited by colossus

However will it be possible to manipulate the M230 cannon in regards to your view, so like the real system you can take control of the cannon and where you look, and where you crosshair looks, the cannon will follow suit? This would be amazing if it is implemented.

It already does sort of... well for the gunner. That is, the gun follows your mouse cursor as does your view. But for freelook, TrackIR, and the pilot is another story. It might be possible to do it with some clever scripting and/or using a mouse emulator for TrackIR for example.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

I inquired 505games about Operation Arrowhead.

Are you going to release, in UK online shops, the stand alone expansion "ARMA2: Operation Arrowhead"?

If yes, when?

Thank you.

That's the answer I got

Thank you for contacting 505 Games!

We are not the Publisher of this title, therefore you will need to contact Bohemia directly to find out who will be selling the game in the UK.

Regards,

There's no publisher for UK???

That explains why we can't pre-order in UK online shops.

That explains why we can't pre-order in UK online shops.

Simple buy digital version from some site for example Sprocket and download and play ;)

505 was the publisher for most of Western Europe... this is intriguing... what bout France, Spain, Italy etc... ?

That explains why we can't pre-order in UK on line shops.

That's bit sad, I would wanna order from game.co.uk. Anyway its still almost month away so OA may still appear in UK shops half month or sth

Tho you can always buy from http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-xl-49-en-70-3ufj.html or some other shop... but price and shipping will be pretty high

edit: well shipping isn't that high (just checked): 4.90$ or 7.90$ by airmail

Edited by Mafia101

Lie EricM said, it's a bigger problem because 505 games was the publisher for western Europe. Not everybody buys online...

Lie EricM said, it's a bigger problem because 505 games was the publisher for western Europe. Not everybody buys online...

Steam ftw! Someone may pick it up for distribution, at least I hope songor the non-online purchasers.

I'm 90% sure the distribution will be a f up again, BIS really need to get a new pub. Cause that is my only issue.

Edit: Wow, Steam website is even more clunky than the steam client....Joined

I just picked up this month's issue of the US PC Gamer and it has a big 1 page advert for Operation Arrowhead. 'Tis pretty cool, apart from mister "RAAAAAAAWR SILENCER & SAFETY RAAAAAAAAWR"...

Arma 2 got a GOTY award from PC Gamer? :eek:

Simple buy digital version from some site for example Sprocket and download and play

Make sure to burn it onto a storage medium, such as a DVD/BD-ROM or an external hard drive. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

I just picked up this month's issue of the US PC Gamer and it has a big 1 page advert for Operation Arrowhead. 'Tis pretty cool, apart from mister "RAAAAAAAWR SILENCER & SAFETY RAAAAAAAAWR"...

Arma 2 got a GOTY award from PC Gamer? :eek:

scan pl0x? :p

Damnit, I knew it seemed too weird that 505 didn't announce anything. So Western Europe is not secured yet then I reckon. Easter Europe is secure, North America (if not just USA) is secure and I think Czech Rep., Slovakia and Germany is secure.