Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

One thing I don't understand; why would a localized "Defense Force" be deploying troops on peacekeeping missions overseas? Especially when they can't keep the peace in their own nation? Just sayin'

For money of course. And if more soldiers die, that's more money for the state.

One thing I don't understand; why would a localized "Defense Force" be deploying troops on peacekeeping missions overseas? Especially when they can't keep the peace in their own nation? Just sayin'

Is Chenarus and Takistan's time line the same? You don't think the CDF have dealt with the ChDKZ insurgency?

You don't think the CDF have dealt with the ChDKZ insurgency?

But still, a localized "Defense Force" usually does not deploy troops to foreign countries on peacekeeping deployments.

But still, a localized "Defense Force" usually does not deploy troops to foreign countries on peacekeeping deployments.

Just stop! They do, frequently. Our New Zealand "Defence Force" does exactly that.

Chernarus has a strong parallel with Georgia, and guess what, so do they. In Afghanistan no less.

They do, frequently. Our New Zealand "Defence Force" does exactly that.

Maybe you missed the part where I was talking about a localized defense force which can't even keep law and order in its own country, let alone another's. For example, in the early years of the Japanese Self-Defense Forces, they were in a similar situation, confined to the islands of Japan and not permitted to be deployed abroad.

Boo-hoo. Want some cheese with that whine?

Edited by Laqueesha

So much for the Arrowhead Q&A being answered on the 30th :plain:

we'll then post the answers May 30th all being well, obviously we cannot guarantee that all questions will be answered, it depends on how many there are and on what subjects they cover etc. etc.

Hope we'll know soon, there were some good questions on the discussion page.

Maybe you missed the part where I was talking about a localized defense force which can't even keep law and order in its own country, let alone another's. For example, in the early years of the Japanese Self-Defense Forces, they were in a similar situation, confined to the islands of Japan and not permitted to be deployed abroad.

If you aren't thick you're certainly fooling me. What does "localized" even mean? All "defence forces" are localised in the sense that their primary mission is to defend their territory. In the real world, not the one you seem to be making up, they frequently take part in peacekeeping operations, and there are direct monetary incentives for doing so regardless of the stability of their country.

And in case you hadn't noticed Georgia was invaded by Russia in 2008. If ArmA 2 hadn't been designed before that event it would have looked like BI directly copied it - the parallels could hardly be stronger, save for US involvement. And guess what? They currently deploy troops to Afghanistan despite that. This is after the South Ossetia war, just as OA is after the events in ArmA 2. It makes perfect sense for CDF troops to be involved in a UN peacekeeping mission.

Boo-hoo. Want some cheese with that whine?

Do try to deal with being completely wrong in a mature manner.

If you aren't thick you're certainly fooling me. What does "localized" even mean? All "defence forces" are localised in the sense that their primary mission is to defend their territory. In the real world, not the one you seem to be making up, they frequently take part in peacekeeping operations, and there are direct monetary incentives for doing so regardless of the stability of their country. And in case you hadn't noticed Georgia was invaded by Russia in 2008. If ArmA 2 hadn't been designed before that event it would have looked like BI directly copied it - the parallels could hardly be stronger, save for US involvement. And guess what? They currently deploy troops to Afghanistan despite that. This is after the South Ossetia war, just as OA is after the events in ArmA 2. It makes perfect sense for CDF troops to be involved in a UN peacekeeping mission. Do try to deal with being completely wrong in a mature manner.

tl;dr

So much for the Arrowhead Q&A being answered on the 30th.

They'll show up soon enough. ;)

Hope we'll know soon, there were some good questions on the discussion page.

Indeed there were. :D

Edited by Laqueesha

Yeah I cant wait either for the OA FAQ answers.

Just hold on a little bit longer, mate. ;)

tl;dr

I honestly don't know why you even bother posting here. You clearly aren't interested in constructive (or even just interesting) conversation, and the majority of your posts are tiny, inane and pointless. That's okay in small doses, but you insist on posting all the time. Try not to be so tedious eh?

Nice PC Gamer interview :)

Found new interview also: http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/Arma-II-Operation-Arrowhead-Interview/Item2656.aspx

It talks bit more about backpack system.

Good find. :D

New preview by Armedassault.info, says it focuses on the new stuff not in the mags etc. http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=articles&class=articles&id=43

Nice screenshots there, good work. ;)

Can somebody who speaks Castillian be kind enough to give us a brief rundown of the preview? Internet translators can be somewhat unreliable these days.

I honestly don't know why you even bother posting here. You clearly aren't interested in constructive (or even just interesting) conversation, and the majority of your posts are tiny, inane and pointless. That's okay in small doses, but you insist on posting all the time. Try not to be so tedious eh?

Oh, is that an insult? I'm so offended that I'm going to go cry now. I can barely type as my eyes are filled with tears. :rolleyes:

Edited by Laqueesha

Its been noted that OA main towns have similar performace woes as Chernagorsk:rolleyes:

Its been noted that OA main towns have similar performace woes as Chernagorsk

I hope this isn't the case in the release version, nor as bad as the performance bugs in Chernagorsk. I don't think we all need a run-down of that again. ;) *shudders*

Edited by Laqueesha

nice way to cover up a flame war Laqueesha:

some random info

Laqueesha: Good Find!

some random screens

Laqueesha: Nice screenshots!

some random statement

Laqueesha: Yes indeed!

Lhowon's post

Laqueesha: 'insert immature response'

jesus come on guys this is about OA, not about laqueesha's avatar now please, lets talk about how OA simulates everything but food

jesus come on guys this is about OA, not about laqueesha's avatar now please, lets talk about how OA simulates everything but food

Sorry, my bad. I got a little carried away there. Though food would be nice in Operation Arrowhead, preferably in the form of MREs and a hunger system. Nah, just kidding. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

ye, that would be abit over the top.

I haven't seen any full body shots of the US army guys yet.. and without filters..

oo thanks

faces look great.

I hope they include the M14 with the good ol ironsights. I believe i saw an m60 somewhere, can anyone confirm?

oo thanks faces look great.

Indeed they do. If I recall correctly, the developers have increased the texture and model quality of the character faces in Operation Arrowhead across the board, similar to the level of Razor Team in the "vanilla" ArmA 2.

I hope they include the M14 with the good ol ironsights. I believe i saw an m60 somewhere, can anyone confirm?

I remember seeing an M14 (or a similar derivative variant) in some screenshots, with a mounted optic. As for the bare-bones M14, I don't recall seeing it, but it would probably be in Operation Arrowhead, as an "optic" variant is already included. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

thanks RH

and finally someone makes their own models.. everyone seems to use the same model for the M60...