Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Could you provide a link of that screenshot?

It's not a new screenshot really. It's the one showing the map overlay of Zargabad, with the 4 weapon class selections across the bottom of the screen.

It's not a new screenshot really. It's the one showing the map overlay of Zargabad, with the 4 weapon class selections across the bottom of the screen.

ME0001255839_2.jpg

;)

And here's a full gallery of OA screenshots I've compiled, around 185 images so far: http://picasaweb.google.com/107799919067587487036

It will be nice to see military police, or S.W.A.T under US faction. :cool:

Or will be there any new civilian vehicles like Audi R8, because in ARMA II are only old vehicles - Skoda 105, Trabant etc...

BECAUSE: I want to see anything modern for civilians, any police or fire department...

Edited by danny96

It will be nice to see military police, or S.W.A.T under US faction. :cool:

Or will be there any new civilian vehicles like Audi R8, because in ARMA II are only old vehicles - Skoda 105, Trabant etc...

BECAUSE: I want to see anything modern for civilians, any police or fire department...

Chernarus is a poor country, and I think Need for Speed is more your type of game...

Was it mentioned anywhere that the USMC units from Arma2 are being transfered over for desert cammies along with their vehicles, weapons, etc. ?

nah.. they want the game to look GOOD instead.. that goofy assed pointy hat would just ruin it

:eek:

Go Army!

that weapon select screen is only for a multiplayer deathmatch/control area mission, which i might add was also in the default arma 1 (ONE) MP missions.

no need to get excited/angry

Nice PC Gamer interview. Found new interview also: http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/Arma-II-Operation-Arrowhead-Interview/Item2656.aspx. It talks bit more about backpack system.

Fairly decent interview, although it was a bit hard to understand what the developers were trying to say at times without a transcript or subtitles. I thing I never knew before was that BLUFOR units had increased health points and increased damage resistance. Anybody care to elaborate on this?

Fairly decent interview, although it was a bit hard to understand what the developers were trying to say at times without a transcript or subtitles. I thing I never knew before was that BLUFOR units had increased health points and increased damage resistance. Anybody care to elaborate on this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_Tactical_Vest

Most other dudes are only running around with their shirts.

^ Some great info in the review, specially the part about AI using buildings :D

Yes, once again it confirms removal of one of the biggest cosmetic gripes i have with the game.....NO MORE LIGHT CONES, YAY!!!

Told you the CDF were the UN forces. ;)

http://www.armedassault.info/ftp/pics/articles/OA_UNO_1.jpg

I'm actually happy that the UN is CDF. I love the CDF and its camo pattern from ArmA 2 and I think it will pretty awesome to see them in OA. I wish they made CDF special forces though. :(

It would of been even more awesome if they made a few UN countrys instead of just the CDF. Pakistan and Britain would of been good choices.

Yes, once again it confirms removal of one of the biggest cosmetic gripes i have with the game.....NO MORE LIGHT CONES, YAY!!!

+1, man night battles looks much better now :)

Also.. the preview is awesome. Some new info about preview version. I like new UAV module, also there are some cool modules: First Aid Battle clearance example ;) Environment is awesome, and new light makes it more awesome. Clad to heard, AI can now go through the towns with no prob.

What up with those tutorial missions? :D There are 4 in preview version Basic Command, Shooting Range, Helicopter Pilot and UAV... since Basic Command is number 01 and UAV 16, there will be 16 missions... But question is what will be there ;)

I also heard somewhere, that preview version will have 60% of content from full game so... There will be more stuff to commin (can't confirm tho). Hopes for AC-130! Even if it's not in full version it will be DLC, trust me :P

I'm really looking forward to ALICE2 and other upcoming modules.

Armory Manager

Armory MP Manager

Environment Colors

Environment Effects

Simple Support Module

Town Construction Set

gitamanager

jukeboxmanager

Indeed there is no news about these except name,They'll be nice stuff.

That was a good preview, I like how they broke down the factions and showed clear pictures. Videos made the combat look good but the city performance comments scare me..

Told you the CDF were the UN forces.

Of course. You think the developers are going to model an entire new faction just because? That, and the CDF were the easiest to do. :p

Of course. You think the developers are going to model an entire new faction just because? That, and the CDF were the easiest to do. :p

And some continuity is always nice..and in this case makes sense since Chernarus and Takistan are neighbors.

No comments on RQ-9's camera stabilizer nor steped zoom? =(

Every single preview makes me more excited, more than A2 a year back.

Every single preview makes me more excited, more than A2 a year back.

Because now, you've tasted the fruit of the tree, and it has left you begging for more. :D

And some continuity is always nice and in this case makes sense since Chernarus and Takistan are neighbors.

That too. ;)

I wonder how Zargabad will play online in a Berzerk-style game e.g. 128 people on one server, working to capture & hold different points.

Hopefully the lag won't be too bad, seeing as it looks like Zargabad is designed for large scenarios like this.

Especially with BIS having fixed this issue:

[70790] Fixed: Fps stayed low after spawning and deleted many units. See http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5147

in the latest beta patch :yay:

We can only hope that servers see the benefits of OA and its less intensive objects, and core use. Although we most probably will for the first few weeks until all the server side addon/Mods come out;)