Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Operation Arrowhead just got into my favourite developement phase - the data are closed and all we do now is play.

So it is gold now? :yay:

Can anyone who speaks Castillian offer a detailed translation of the video?

Edited by Laqueesha

I saw a Gold Revolver in the video when he was browsing through the armory.

:D

I saw a Gold Revolver in the video when he was browsing through the armory.

And an Uzi. ;)

So it is gold now? :yay:

Nothing new said in that video, just speaks about some of the new features (FLIR, backpacks, the new scenario...).

There's no new info. It's a new expansion in a country that looks like afghanistan, with 3 new huge maps. Theres over 300 weapons and vehicles, including new stuff like flir, uav, adjustable sights, backpacks. It's not required to have the orginial game and there are plenty of new tutorials and game modes to get into the game, it's a must have for the fans, it's the best military simulation on the market but trigger-happy folks beware, it requires patience and tactics to enjoy it, it's not your typical FPS.

Also in that video is a good example of the view not being totally static when driving a vehicle, it slowly sways around. A minor thing but it will help add immersion.

There is no such movement in that video. Where did you see it?

There is no such movement in that video. Where did you see it?

Cars, Apache, A-10.

I've seen it in all the vehicles they've driven/flown.

I commented in the other thread (Sorry :P, press release only I know :rolleyes:) about that a few days ago.

Although, do anyone have any information if the head from a 3rd person perspective also moves (GTA4 style)?

Although, do anyone have any information if the head from a 3rd person perspective also moves (GTA4 style)?

Elaborate, please.

Elaborate, please.

The 1st person view now shakes when you're driving/flying a vehicle.

In other words, it moves slightly to the right/left/up/down depending on the movement of the vehicle, but I want to know if you can actually see other player's head's move from a 3rd perspective.

In other words, it moves slightly to the right/left/up/down depending on the movement of the vehicle, but I want to know if you can actually see other player's head's move from a 3rd perspective.

Doubtful.

i can see it, but they should improve it more...

Like this

Ever heard of motion sickness?

I'm getting sick just from watching that.

Ever heard of motion sickness?

I'm getting sick just from watching that.

Haha never heard of it...

But if you have it you should let the driving to someone else and sit in the back and look down at the floor or something :D

We can only assume there is a slider setup similar to the "Head bob". Unless it's

integrated with the "Head bob" setup, of course.

Personally I like it, but I think I have my limits with this one as well here. ^^

Does Arrowhead check the localization of ArmA 2 ? I'll probably buy an english or french version of OA and own a german version of ArmA 2. Any idea about the compatibility ?

Edited by Kr3v

Does Arrowhead check the language of ArmA 2 ? I'll probably buy an english or french version of AH and own a german version of ArmA 2. Any ideas about the compatibility ?

I'm in the same situation. I've got English version of ArmA2 but it's look like I'll get Polish version of OA.

Haha never heard of it...

But if you have it you should let the driving to someone else and sit in the back and look down at the floor or something :D

Actually it was simulation sickness I meant. I don't get sick from driving a car, I from games with ridiculously over exaggerated screen movement. The videos you linked to are a great example. Yuck.

Doubtful.

Maybe..remember characters body is an actual enetity not just a camera with two arms..you can see other units heads turn and move around in the outside.

The effect will likely be too subtle though..or you'll be too busy with your own head bobbing around..I just hope it doesn't do that on the exterior, interior its a great effect but exterior unless optional..maaaybe not so much.

Lol, so many spelling mistakes... Zarbadag. :p

It also lists Reforger and Ghost Waltz as being in the same song... And doesn't list the use of Logistics...

And lol @ the tank getting stuck behind the flaming wreck...

I just...

BIS - do you realize the kind of awesome videos some machinima-making members of the community would make if they got their hands on the preview version of OA? At least, compared to what the press is pumping out... Seriously... :j:

thanks for the direct link, the yahoo one appears to be 404

at 3:32 the AI can not overtake the destroyed tank :(

sorry for double post