Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Can't wait to see the optimised engine for this game. ARMA2 occasionally causes my PC to have a heart attack.

I'm I to understand that the better motherboard bus speed is better for this game engine (assuming other components are maxed out) e.g. Hypertransport 3/Quickconnect

Also will the OA optimised engine replace the current ARMA2 engine for those with ARMA2 (I assume that more than likely means everybody)?

BIS will updated and patch into Arma 2 what they can, but OA will use a different Datadisk and(executable)

Hand signals are already possible. You'll need to be more specific, I think. :)

Oh! I didn't know, I mean for example to bind a key to each of those signals from the link, so I can guide a chooper when landing.

How can you do Handsignals in MP?

Oh! I didn't know, I mean for example to bind a key to each of those signals from the link, so I can guide a chooper when landing.

Guiding choppers isn't exactly a main feature of the game, so those signals aren't in there and probably won't be made (actually, come to think of it, maybe they are). It is possible however, to trigger hand signals using keys, just like the custom keys in ACE. Although that would have to be scripted in the mission.

It would of course be interesting if BIS included the possibility of binding hand signals to keys straight into the controls menu, but I don't see that happening. Too much effort for too little gain. :)

EDIT: Although "salute" and "sit down" are already in there, so maybe it isn't too much to ask for. Perhaps you should open a feature request issue in the Arma2 CIT. See the image in my sig. ;)

Edited by MadDogX

Hand Signals is more of a VBS feature..

I doubt BIS will include really detailed hand signals in ARMA2, and just stick to the basic infantry ones.

Ok, that questions were 'cos I did see that man at the start fo that video trailer from OA moving hands at that big chooper.

Those are just animations BIS has, there's tons of animations in ArmA2, including suicide, hands behind head (surrendering), LHD crew fixing tires, dancing etc.

From first page :

"Ability to modify your Weapon àla MW2"

Did anyone heard if that feature was still considered or confirmed?

Custom weapons would be sick, although as far as I know current weapons in Arma are fixed models, and couldn't support all the possibilities. :confused:

From first page :

It was never considered AFAIK. That's an absurdly misleading section in the OP which simply lumps together everything that anybody ever wished for in the OA thread(s) as 'Unconfirmed Features'. It should really have been headed up "Pipe Dreams" as to the best of my knowledge nothing in that list has even been alluded to in passing by BI.

That feature was taken from a PCGamer review if im not mistaken, nothing that BIS confirms.

It's likely talking about the fact there are many variants of each weapon with different scopes etc. However, if they've got multiple optics views per weapon sorted now, then with a bit of scripting this could be a possible mod...

Is there any way to know what kind of hardware was used in the latest "New Mechanics Part 1/2/3" videos was used?

I asked that question in the FAQ. Hopefully they will answer it on May 30th. :)

I'm confused. Is the game due May 30th or June 30th? I thought it was June 30th, but if it's due this month - yeehaa!

I'm confused. Is the game due May 30th or June 30th? I thought it was June 30th, but if it's due this month - yeehaa!

The FAQ, May 30th.

The game, June 30th.

Edited by Smurf

http://www.gameprotv.com/arma-2-operation-arrowhead-preview-video-6697.html

Anyone interested, towards the later half of the video, there's a shot in the editor showing the user scrolling through all the blufor weapons. Get a look at some weapon variants such as the m14 with an aimpoint, and m110 with NV (assume night vision optics) and variants of other weapons. You'll have to go frame by frame to see them all.

A lot of the stuff in ACE2 is done in OA by default, but not in the same exact way. OA will have weapon zeroing, tank fire control systems, backpacks, flares etc.

Thanks for your replies. I didn't see anything specific that was being used from the strong modding community that supports B.I., but I suppose they know what they are doing.

As you are aware, there are some really really good addons out there and it would be super duper cool.....IF.....B.I. had used any of them and even paid that modder some cash as a reward or at least giving credit in the manual/packaging of the game.

Besides plain fun, cash is a great incentive to create more and better addons, missions and campaigns to increase our gaming experience.

Surely a company cannot rely on their own staff to come up with all the good ideas and answers.

I mean, that's one reason why they package editors with games these days, isn't??

From first page :

It was never considered AFAIK. That's an absurdly misleading section in the OP which simply lumps together everything that anybody ever wished for in the OA thread(s) as 'Unconfirmed Features'. It should really have been headed up "Pipe Dreams" as to the best of my knowledge nothing in that list has even been alluded to in passing by BI.

It was indeed mentioned in a german PC Magazine, but never confirmed by BIS, thats why I wrote it under unconfirmed Features ;)

from Gaia's Twiiter:

Operace Arrowhead se dostala do mé oblíbené fáze vývoje - data jsou zavřena a už se jen hraje.

Roughly translated into:

"Operation Arrowhead just got into my favourite developement phase - the data are closed and all we do now is play."

:sun:

from Gaia's Twiiter:

"Operation Arrowhead just got into my favourite developement phase - the data are closed and all we do now is play."

So they are basically beta testing now. Nice.

I wonder when they have to deliver it to the publishers. A couple of weeks of thorough testing surely won't hurt. :)

So they are basically beta testing now. Nice.

I wonder when they have to deliver it to the publishers. A couple of weeks of thorough testing surely won't hurt. :)

I will buy it like I did with Arma2 (with NexWay) and plaaayyy! Don't print things, SAVE TREES! :D