Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

I hate spoilers.........................................................................

They did it.. They DID IT!!! Look at the terrain, interior, and the mobility of the character. Polish to at least the high command interface. Vehicle entry animations !!11!! one one one. Wonder how many of these features were added simply as more nails in the DR coffin. Sweet looking, and acting, stuff!

Edit:

Flash, watch the first video, when he gets into the tank, looks like he actually climbs on it. (it's not a huge deal, just like to poke fun at... you know;) )

Need to attack the HDR on the FLIR still doing the autodark blinding thingy.

Edited by Scrub

They did it.. They DID IT!!! Look at the terrain, interior, and the mobility of the character. Polish to at least the high command interface. Vehicle entry animations !!11!! one one one. Wonder how many of these features were added simply as more nails in the DR coffin. Sweet looking, and acting, stuff!

what vehicle entry animations are you referring to?

I didnt recall seeing any change.

But yes the game looks super polished almost died of a heart attack when I watched it! :eek:

BIS will probably touch up more stuff without telling us, they're awesome like that, maybe the editor will get some weapon loadout tabs. That would be the next thing to cause me to get a heart attack.

oh boy! Are we going to meet his 12 years old son/gunner Tim?

This... Is... Sparta! :p

Multiple ArmA2 campaign endings, multiple futures for Ed Winter.

Lol, maybe it was like the matrix: "All you have experienced was just a simulation (In VBS2, of course)"

BRAINORGASM :raisebrow:

Edit:

Flash, watch the first video, when he gets into the tank, looks like he actually climbs on it. (it's not a huge deal, just like to poke fun at... you know;) )

Need to attack the HDR on the FLIR still doing the autodark blinding thingy.

Hey you're right, he actually does put his hands on it and then climb up onto the vehicle..I guess it was just so natural most didn't notice it being out of place. (just checked A2, it's definately different)

Maybe tanks have special enterable animations now..would be awesome if so then it would be possible to make animations unique for each vehicle or at least its class.

Edited by NodUnit

Edit:

Its like that in ARMA 2 when getting in a tank.

Hey you're right, he actually does put his hands on it and then climb up onto the vehicle..I guess it was just so natural most didn't notice it being out of place. (just checked A2, it's definately different)

Maybe tanks have special enterable animations now..

Check again.

Actually it just goes to show how completely pointless and unneeded full entering/exiting animations are.

Edited by SAbre4809

Wow yeah I totally didnt notice that, the player actually climbs on looks like some good Motion capture.

Like I said, lots of polish this time around.

Good job BIS keep it up!

Its like that in ARMA 2 when getting in a tank.

Check again.

You're right..seems has two animations and I just went with the first I saw, which was a guy hosting himself onto a high ledge with just his arms..which is either random or the commander and gunner positions uniquely..

I wouldn't call it useless though, it increases immersion and stops the immediate E get in, the problem is for it to have the immersion thing it requires alot to it. It's like comparing steel beasts turn out to Arma2's, sure they do the same thing but steel beasts feels more natural because it flows entirerly but now I'm getting OT.

Edited by NodUnit

Did a quick search in this thread but came up short...

Has there been any confirmation about OA available thru Steam?

Did a quick search in this thread but came up short...

Has there been any confirmation about OA available thru Steam?

Can't see why it wouldn't be seeing as ArmA 2 was released on Steam.

Can't see why it wouldn't be seeing as ArmA 2 was released on Steam.

I asked that question in the FAQ. Hopefully they will answer it on May 30th. :)

Has the Eagle Wing campaign been confirmed to be canonical?

No. It's more like "What if" kind of story ;)

And don't forget, Operation Arrowhead takes place before events of Eagle Wing.

Edited by Moricky

Operation Arrowhead takes place before events of Eagle Wing.

I thought the US went to takistan after Chernarus... in the Armaverse storyline. That's what is hinted in two of the missions of the campain.

In any case, EW is just one of the different endings, so in all the other endings (including the most positive one - the war that never was) Ed Winter shouldn't have to worry about sudden hairloss or a third arm growing of his chest.

I thought the US went to takistan after Chernarus... in the Armaverse storyline. That's what is hinted in two of the missions of the campain.

In any case, EW is just one of the different endings, so in all the other endings (including the most positive one - the war that never was) Ed Winter shouldn't have to worry about sudden hairloss or a third arm growing of his chest.

EW isn't harvest red :j:

It's a seperate story set on Chernarus probably because the U.S. realised they had left some unfinished business. So it's perfectly feasible if Ed Winters is a pilot in OA, as long as he doesn't die, to make his comeback in EW :D

It's a seperate story set on Chernarus probably because the U.S. realised they had left some unfinished business. So it's perfectly feasible if Ed Winters is a pilot in OA, as long as he doesn't die, to make his comeback in EW.

So EW takes place after OA?

I like ArmA2 and the new expansion looks good and all, but I was very disappointed by ArmA2's multiplayer game-play. I bought ArmA2 as soon as it was released (German version) and finished the single-player campaign, but after that I haven't installed or played the game in more than a 9 months. I'm pretty sure the multiplayer experience isn't going to change much with this expansion since overall ArmA2 lacks a solid structure in that area (excluding co-op). Hopefully ArmA3 will have a better multiplayer game-play with a mix of reality and fun. (something along the lines of Project Reality)

Hi, wonder if there has been any official list of all weaponry in OA, i am especially interested in sniper rifles. I have seen i pic'z the M110, M14/21 and i guess the M24 and M107 also will be present... But what else, anybody know..?

Secondly, i only found 2 picz concerning the KSK, will they only come as units or also have vehicles...

Thanx in advance.

I like ArmA2 and the new expansion looks good and all, but I was very disappointed by ArmA2's multiplayer game-play. I bought ArmA2 as soon as it was released (German version) and finished the single-player campaign, but after that I haven't installed or played the game in more than a 9 months. I'm pretty sure the multiplayer experience isn't going to change much with this expansion since overall ArmA2 lacks a solid structure in that area (excluding co-op). Hopefully ArmA3 will have a better multiplayer game-play with a mix of reality and fun. (something along the lines of Project Reality)
??? but multiplayer is were all the fun is at. Have you even tried warfare?

+PR is coming to ArmA2 soon, no need to wait for A3 if it ever comes to fruition

I have not checked out every post in this thread, so here goes.........

I'm wondering if the makers of OA incorporated any ideas that the dedicated modding community created for the Arma 2 game and if so, which addons?

I have not checked out every post in this thread, so here goes.........

I'm wondering if the makers of OA incorporated any ideas that the dedicated modding community created for the Arma 2 game and if so, which addons?

A lot of the stuff in ACE2 is done in OA by default, but not in the same exact way. OA will have weapon zeroing, tank fire control systems, backpacks, flares etc.

Lots of good stuff arriving now will deff be purchasing :)

One thing I have no clue if its been asked or if anyone can quickly reply of link to anything, as regards the engine changes:

>> FOG <<

Have they now got this down to what DMarwick was getting with his beta tests/demo's in A2?

Can't wait to see the optimised engine for this game. ARMA2 occasionally causes my PC to have a heart attack.

I'm I to understand that the better motherboard bus speed is better for this game engine (assuming other components are maxed out) e.g. Hypertransport 3/Quickconnect

Also will the OA optimised engine replace the current ARMA2 engine for those with ARMA2 (I assume that more than likely means everybody)?