Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Enterable buildings should make for much more realistic CQB/city fighting. Now if there's a sniper he could literally be anywhere. Just goes to show why we need PvP :(

Enterable buildings should make for much more realistic CQB/city fighting. Now if there's a sniper he could literally be anywhere. Just goes to show why we need PvP :(

I bet we're getting some PvP, only sad thing in todays ArmA PvP is:

You need high FPS for the fight to be fair, but urban areas = not so high FPS, well unless you got some leet computer and a badass server, but until that I am afraid no big PvP games :(

Everyday, 50-90 people on DAO server. Enough said. 40vs40

Anyone know if there's any significant changes to the arma 2 editor for OA?

No significant changes whatsoever, however there's more modules and hopefully more modules will be dedicated multiplayer compatible.

No significant changes whatsoever, however there's more modules and hopefully more modules will be dedicated multiplayer compatible.

Aaaand... the BLUFOR units are now blue instead of green ;)

Same here. Reading these last few posts has been pure torture. I'm salivating already. :D

Btw. is it actually confirmed that there is a newer build in these latest videos?

I think its a new build, because the game looks extremely polished.

The only glitch that was there was the z-fighting

but they have added in the subtitles for the audio chatter, all the textures seem finalized, the stars look different then in the other videos, when they showcase the ULB, they show the new "under the belly camera" which I dont remember seeing in the last video from "death from above".

It gave me a warm feeling inside that BIS has pulled off some Epic SH*T and good amounts of polish.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Aaaand... the BLUFOR units are now blue instead of green ;)

This will throw me off for awhile, civies are blue and cattle. :)

I think its a new build, because the game looks extremely polished.

The only glitch that was there was the z-fighting

It gave me a warm feeling inside that BIS has pulled off some Epic SH*T and good amounts of polish.

Z-fighting? can someone explain please?

I also think they are going to unleash a beast on 29th June :)

guys.... cant wait to meet your asses on the BF,this game is gonna be epic! :yay::yay::yay:

:bounce3:

They are talking about the texture flickering . I gues it's almost impossible to prevent that from happening in the ArmA environment

Edited by Maio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-fighting

Its a rendering phenomona that affects 100's of other 3D games.

Basically the zbuffer doesnt know which asset to render, when they overlap they're rendered like that which causes the flickering of objects at distance.

In part 2 you can see alot of the buildings are flickering, and the soldiers ammo pouches etc.

Z-fighting Bug needs more votes on A2 Community Issue tracker, go vote it up and we can possibly see a remedy in the future, perhaps BIS is already working on fixing it. I was reading about the beta patches sounds like the programming team is currently doing some kind of testing to rid it.

EDIT

LMAO beaten to the ground by 2 others.

anyways I did explain this a few posts back, maybe reading the thread more would help? :P

Zargabad in part 1, when Jan went up to the roof, I think the roofs and buildings could use a few more objects, the houses feel to "empty" I know this is kind of ironic, all of us asking to reduce the object count in the game to get better performance and im asking for more objects.

I think some of the roofs could use a few crates/chairs/pieces of garbage and What I would like to see some "umbrellas" to shade that sun while I snipe away. I also think those streets are too perfect, they should have some debris on the side of the roads, just to give the city some life to it, maybe add some markings on the streets to show what its named or if its a highway something.

Edited by Flash Thunder

iirc one of the guys who made a video which got taken down, about the OA beta (the sh*tty one (no offence^^)) and he said that the flickering had to do with fraps.

Lets hope this was correct and that fraps will release a new update to help with this :p like they do with some other games, unless bis get there first.

iirc one of the guys who made a video which got taken down, about the OA beta (the sh*tty one (no offence^^)) and he said that the flickering had to do with fraps.

Lets hope this was correct and that fraps will release a new update to help with this :p like they do with some other games, unless bis get there first.

No dont you see it when you play Arma 2????? :confused:

I see it all the time, even when at the shooting range with those big targets less than 500 yards away, those suffer from Z-fighting.

Its not a big deal but it would increase immersion alot if it was remedied.

Please vote UP for it on Dev-heaven A2CIT

Pauliesss Provided a link.

Nice videos... The GPS seems to be working now (altitude and heading).

They should really just increase the z-near a bit :F

Lol, look at the name on the death from above video. The pilot's name is Ed Winter, the same person from Eagle Wing.

Lol, look at the name on the death from above video. The pilot's name is Ed Winter, the same person from Eagle Wing.

Yup :plain:

Nice find!

btw did anyone notice that the Apache pilot in the video footage from "Death from Above" is named Ed Winter...as in the Apache pilot from Eagle Wing? :D

Guess he handled that nuke pretty well.

Edited by AnimalMother92

Has the Eagle Wing campaign been confirmed to be canonical?

Multiple ArmA2 campaign endings, multiple futures for Ed Winter.

oh boy! Are we going to meet his 12 years old son/gunner Tim? :p

Yup :plain:

The wonder of modern science.