Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Yeah, I find 40$ normal. Thats like bit more then 25EUR right? I payed 30EUR last week for DVD edition of GTA4 episodes from LC. So, Im pre-ordering it at my local dealer next week and I get 2EUR discount:eek:.

Characters has the letter "h" in it.

Edited by Killerwatt
image removed

How the hell did a picture of placebo get on the back cover?

ROFL

Edited by Pauld

Characters has the letter "h" in it.

You better change your post, as quoting images is not allowed here. Just some friendly advice, I don't want to see you getting an infraction. ;)

Placebo will have to LOL so hard he won´t even think of an infraction^^

Also it's spellt 'strength', not strenght ;)

:don 16:

When the typos are fixed, this is soo gonna be my cover :D

Also it's spellt 'strength', not strenght ;)

:don 16:

When the typos are fixed, this is soo gonna be my cover :D

It's spelt "Spelt", not "Spellt".

Sorry, I had to. :P :yay:

Did you even read my post? If you want the AI to engage enemies first, put a SEEK AND DESTROY way-point THEN a move way-point. A move way-point tells it you want it to move in regardless of what's going on.

Yes, ive never noticed much difference, seek and destroy just seems to have them stay around the area searching for a while, doesn’t seem to make a difference to how they actually act in combat. Seek or destroy or move time and time again the AI rides in and gets destroyed so didnt think much of your point.

Again how am I meant to make a mission any bit dynamic if I have to use different waypoints then move just to get the AI not to ride in head first, so I must always make mission were I always know an engagement is going to happen at that exact location.

You can argue about it all day but the vehicle AI needs to learn to how to dynamically react to whats happening.

Typo fixed, edited version on page 381.

Again how am I meant to make a mission any bit dynamic if I have to use different waypoints then move just to get the AI not to ride in head first, so I must always make mission were I always know an engagement is going to happen at that exact location.

You can argue about it all day but the vehicle AI needs to learn to how to dynamically react to whats happening.

You know what, try putting a land vehicle on the game world with no waypoints whatsoever. You know what happens? It doesn't move at all. Doesn't even chase after enemies! Without waypoints the game doesn't know what to do, other than engage spotted enemies without following them.

What you're looking for is a randomized waypoint system, kind of like the UPS script, but if you think the AI is gonna act on it's own without any sort of linearity to the mission, that's pretty delusional.

Perfect song for the OA campaign while you're riding in on a Blackhawk and all the Takiban are fleeing. Yeah.

perfect song for the oa campaign while you're riding in on a blackhawk and all the takiban are fleeing. Yeah.

rofl to the copter!!

Hmmm I don't know.. 30 Euros..

After what big dissapointment ArmA 2 was for me :(

Dunno, will there be a demo?

Yes, it says so right on the official website; not to mention the discussion we've all been having a few pages back regarding the release date of the aforementioned demo. :rolleyes:

Hmmm I don't know.. 30 Euros. After what big dissapointment ArmA 2 was for me

If you're not going to buy it, then don't.

It's spelt "Spelt", not "Spellt". Sorry, I had to.

"Your" [sic] an idiot. :p

Edited by Laqueesha

I don't know if you're making a point by spelling it wrong, Laqueesha, but it should be "you're" instead of "your" in this case. ;)

Why was Arma 2 a disappointment for you, Azamato?

Hmmm I don't know.. 30 Euros..

After what big dissapointment ArmA 2 was for me :(

There was also a demo for ArmA 2, where did you go wrong :confused:

I found some new pics of OA Preview, but the NV is still very bad.

arma2oa2010050912114431_100.jpg arma2oa2010050912113146_100.jpg arma2oa2010050912122171_100.jpg arma2oa2010050912120768_100.jpg

Real NV:

Nightvision.jpg

BIS pls turn off HDR if NV is active, because NV is useless in this form.

Edit: the 1st and 2nd picture was same

Edited by danczer

Or better yet change it so that when you look into light you are blinded and remain so until you look away from it while wearing the NVG's :P

I found some new pics of OA Preview, but the NV is still very bad..........

BIS pls turn off HDR if NV is active, because NV is useless in this form.

NV has always worked just fine for me, I expect it'll be about the same in OA. I definitely wouldn't base my opinions on a set of WIP screenys.

Maybe i'm in the minority as being someone who is really looking forward to the new maps, FLIR, equipment, backpacks etc etc etc

You've found some new pics while they're on your own webpage server?

Edited by Placebo