Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Watching the vid allways makes me want the fast ropes and ability to shoot out of vehicles.. :(

Ok, not OA but one never knows. At least it is possible.

Of course it's possible. 6DOF was already demonstrated in Arma1 with hax, and has been featured in dozens of games before.

There's still no working reflected sights in RV engine that I know of and that's why I doubt they would allow 6DOF in cockpits. Inconsistency is a no-no in game design (and art) so I don't know if they'd only enable it for HUD-less aircraft.

they need to fix the planes flying low when attacking. you could see in the video, UAV flying at 40. this has been since ArmA 1, ArmA 2 and now in OA unfixed? sucks

they need to fix the planes flying low when attacking. you could see in the video, UAV flying at 40. this has been since ArmA 1, ArmA 2 and now in OA unfixed? sucks

The mission designer can choose at what height to set the fleight of the aircraft... Technically, it's always been fixed

The mission designer can choose at what height to set the fleight of the aircraft... Technically, it's always been fixed

Yeah, but per default should be higher.

I just CTDed (had to Load, Memory Leak) from "Dogs of War" after a pilot crashing a BlackHawk in some trees :mad:

Why isnt the game on Amazon.com yet??

or you can just buy it from me.. I got the ACU and Marpat edition:p

4588993787_4b594411a3.jpg

order now @ ebanksgotyaassstudios.com published by EricM

ok..jk jk

or you can just buy it from me.. I got the ACU and Marpat edition:p

ok..jk jk

You going to offer a Limited Elite Uber Collectors Edition, with extra cookies?

I really don't feel like paying 40.00$ USD for this. Honestly.

No one is forcing you :)

You going to offer a Limited Elite Uber Collectors Edition, with extra cookies?

Indeed. not only do you get the cookies.. if you pay 10 dollars a month after the release you get the L337 "bail out pack" for extra addons/dlc but its already included in the disk!!

I would like the AI to act of it own accord within the mission parameters. Like if tell a Bradely to move to a village it will realise its in a firefight and deal with the enemy before moving in, not just blindly drive to the waypoint no matter whats happening around it.

But this is ARMA, somethings never change.

Did you even read my post? If you want the AI to engage enemies first, put a SEEK AND DESTROY way-point THEN a move way-point. A move way-point tells it you want it to move in regardless of what's going on.

Looking forward to the pre-order on Amazon.co.uk .. I really need to buy this game before the euro lose all its strenght. :D

btw 40$ seems quite expensive to me, same price the pre-order of Arma2 was charged on amazon uk actually..

Edited by dunedain

Me neither. More like 60$, at least.

No matter what height you set your aircraft to fly, when it starts to attack ground units, it will descend and fly at low altitude and even crash on trees. they also dive to release bomb with very low speed making it very easy to shoot down. it seems this is not fixed in Arrowhead as well.

This would require proper HUDs as well (ie, not the "painted on glass" sights) to keep things aligned... so I wouldn't be getting my hopes up.

It's not fully supported. You cannot roll your view in cockpit views, or move your head about the cockpit to look past a window frame etc.

Although technicly that whole head rolling in cockpit is kind of false, since when you tilt your head due to the ways the eye work your sight will remain focused as if your head were straight..though yeah leaning would be nice but I don't expect that.

$40 USD, that is the standard price for expansion compared to the $50-$60-$70? (holy crap) for the base game, and I would be getting a hell of alot more in this expansion than what I have gotten in most, actually I can't think of any recent ones that come close.

Edited by NodUnit

what video is this low flying aircraft in?

The one that was taken down.

*Image*

ok..jk jk

Where did you get the ACU variant of the cover from? :confused:

Edit: Never mind, I found it. For anyone else who's interested.

Edited by Zipper5
Found the covers

Limited Edition

arrowhead.jpg

Edited by Radnik

No matter what height you set your aircraft to fly, when it starts to attack ground units, it will descend and fly at low altitude and even crash on trees. they also dive to release bomb with very low speed making it very easy to shoot down. it seems this is not fixed in Arrowhead as well.

Well I yesterday did some tests in ArmaA2...

Chopper will maintain it's attitude, while you set behavior careless. Luckily pilot still tells gunner to engage ground targets like Tanks, but the problem here is that (I did tests 150 and 125m) it can't identify soldiers on ground... so even if they fly around and enemy soldiers engage them, they don't do nothing... until they are exactly over them, then for some reason pilot gives permission to engage some time.

So my guess will be, choppers will identify soldiers at distance <100m or so...

I will do more test's but if so.. they should do it at least 500m lets say (for AH-64D) it probably makes game less balanced because at 500m you cant do nothing but... well in RL it's that way... actually they engage targets even 1000 - 1500m away so :D

Default fly height for choppers should be 100m, but as I said it can be done in mission, just suggestion, no harm done :)