Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

I have just found this video -
. What is it? It looks like arrowhead.

I don't think it is. Actually I know it isn't because of the description, its in Afghanistan and not Takistan, there are US Marines not US Soldiers, and various other reasons.

I have just found this video -
. What is it? It looks like arrowhead.

no its not arrow head its arma2 and the map called helmand , nice map though , i was playing a mission on it last night and it rocks , still in alpha phase not complete yet.

Originally Posted by jhoson14

If you dont like the original cover...

Why not buy the box and print with a high quality paper a new one?

Why not...

That's just awesome, EricM! Definitely going to be using that on my OA box! :D

its... undescribeable! O___O

Thats so going to be my OA box cover! Now I need a high quality printer...

Holy crap. I say make a petition for them to change it to Eric's cover. Hot Damn!

Oh yeahh, thats just pure awesomeness....

Definitely going to print that out...screw those crappy publisher covers.... :p

.....The WIP code could be months older than the current state version and we wouldn't know it....

Well certainly it is, however just look like it was with all of BI previous games (hint: use the forums search in the several press coverage topics) .

It was the same Drama prior to Arma2 release... preview was released by Press and others, community complained the hell out of em, BIS and certain other "fanboys", said "ohh my god, its just WIP code, it will be much better in release version", etc etc...

Looking at the release version as it appeared, i could not spot any single difference to the older WIP-Code press-preview version, regarding the criticized parts of the game by the press/community.

And now, now we have patch beta 1.06 and the most major criticized point are still neither adressed nor fixed. :-)

So don't get your hopes up, that the allmighty "final" release version will have fixed all those oddities. I think many things will be again just fully or partially "miss-designed" and false "realized" in-game for whatever reasons.

If it is lack of knowledge, inability or monetary policy (VBS2), we will never get it told.

Edited by mr.g-c

Oh look the whining response to a negative oppinion.

And i thought ARMA was about unscripted fun, not having to keep it on the rails, would be nice if it acted with a bit of intelligence otherwise, like not flying off into fire.

So you'd rather the AI be a pain in the ass and act of it's own accord, despite the mission parameters? The mission maker might have just placed a move waypoint into the village. To avoid closer engagements, he could have used a seek and destroy waypoint. That's the beauty of these games, you could do whatever you want.

AI combat in ArmA2 is unscripted but it has to follow mission parameters including movement, firing orders, skill levels, external scripts etc.

Or may be ACU with lots of dirts and sand on it? Both problem solved, with addictional impression that war is still dirty as it was 100 years ago?

EricM thank you mate, awesome work. Now I need to go to print center and I'll have gorgeous, shiny and unique cover :D

Hi, any new info and videos? last i checked was the map editor showing the random generated town tool and a release date announced. any other news? cheers

Hi, any new info and videos? last i checked was the map editor showing the random generated town tool and a release date announced. any other news? cheers

Check the first post :)

Thanks Placebo. Cant wait for this. me and you seriously need to hook up online for this game

Just curious, why do we have

Not confirmed Features:

Fully functional 3-D Real Time Editor

64bit .exe for more RAM Support

Ability to modify your Weapon àla MW2

Ability to shoot from the passenger seat

in the first post? when most of that is just a wishlist from someone.

why do we have...in the first post? when most of that is just a wishlist from someone.

Ability to modify your Weapon àla MW2 - was stated in a magazine preview of OA (can't remember exactly which one)

Ability to shoot from the passenger seat - was mentioned as a possible feature in a really early OA vid IIRC, not just in someone's wishlist.

The 3D editor will be the same as it is in ARMA2 at release, they may work on it after release and release it in DLC or something.

I have no idea where the 64bit.exe suggestion/unconfirmed feature came from...

So you'd rather the AI be a pain in the ass and act of it's own accord, despite the mission parameters? The mission maker might have just placed a move waypoint into the village. To avoid closer engagements, he could have used a seek and destroy waypoint. That's the beauty of these games, you could do whatever you want.

AI combat in ArmA2 is unscripted but it has to follow mission parameters including movement, firing orders, skill levels, external scripts etc.

I would like the AI to act of it own accord within the mission parameters. Like if tell a Bradely to move to a village it will realise its in a firefight and deal with the enemy before moving in, not just blindly drive to the waypoint no matter whats happening around it.

But this is ARMA, somethings never change.

Full trackir support for cockpits including 6 degrees of freedom.

What?

is this a confirmed feature or another wish?

What?

is this a confirmed feature or another wish?

I'm pretty sure TrackIR is already supported :3

Full trackir support for cockpits including 6 degrees of freedom.

This would require proper HUDs as well (ie, not the "painted on glass" sights) to keep things aligned... so I wouldn't be getting my hopes up.

I'm pretty sure TrackIR is already supported :3

It's not fully supported. You cannot roll your view in cockpit views, or move your head about the cockpit to look past a window frame etc.

Edited by Pulverizer

I cant wait, too bad i cant afford TrackIR, and im too dumb to use freetrack.... LOL

This would require proper HUDs as well (ie, not the "painted on glass" sights) to keep things aligned... so I wouldn't be getting my hopes up.

It's not fully supported. You cannot roll your view in cockpit views, or move your head about the cockpit to look past a window frame etc.

Ok, not OA but one never knows. At least it is possible.