Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

It takes about 30 - 45 mins for a body to cool down after being... terminated.

Depending on the environment temperature, a body looses around 1.5 °F per hour, from what I read.

Doesn't Youtube take longer to load the higher quality? I'm pretty sure that's why it looks bad atm.

I seriously hope the beeping sounds are one of the things that are WIP. I don't mean to bitch & whine or anything, but they are really annoying... like ear-bleeding annoying. Are they this loud and high-pitched in real life?

But anyway, thanks for another video, eJay!

Video will be in HD, Youtube need to work on this few minutes.

damn birds, which can be heard from helicopter... who spoke about new sound engine? + tab-left-click for hellfires... damn...

Nice video ty for that Ejay

Some sounds are ok ,but others like flare launch or M230 gun is just a joke

It takes about 30 - 45 mins for a body to cool down after being... terminated. Edit: and even then thats only by 10 degrees or so.

OK, let's hope that's included :p

Watching bardosyl's preview I wonder if:

Why the FLIR sight on rifles are teh same like those from vehicles?

Did I see and hear it right that AI are still engaging single units with AT launchers? AT ammo wasting AI again??

Watching ejay's video:

Looks like shooting sitting ducks is much more stressful. :p

Didnt see much of new+improved AI.

Btw is there an ambush module?

Depending on the environment temperature, a body looses around 1.5 °F per hour, from what I read.
OK, let's hope that's included :p

Oh, that was kinda my point. In VBS (where the FLIR comes from) it takes 30 - 45 mins for a body to half cool.

Dunno if they've jiggered with the settings in OA tho.

damn birds, which can be heard from helicopter... who spoke about new sound engine?
Maybe the new sound engine isn't in the WIP code? The WIP code could be months older than the current state version and we wouldn't know it.
tab-left-click for hellfires... damn...
The Apache has AGM-114 Longbow Hellfires which are Fire-and-Forget, so yeah that would be accurate but it's probably the same for other choppers anyway. :D

EDIT: I don't think the beeping sound is "ear-bleeding annoying" or that high-pitched, but it would be better if you had an option to turn it off (probably won't happen). Besides they probably implemented it for the people who prefer to play without visual aids (lockboxes, crosshairs etc.)

Edited by Hamm

Video is great, but...

1) Why AI flying so damn low with apache? You can't target s**t on so low attitude. As you saw it moved so fast that you could not hit targets... I know that under the radar stuff but apache is so advanced that don't need direct attack anymore...

2) Zoom levels should be: 1.0x, 4.0x and 16.0x like JCOVE. Shouldn't be hard to change :) To me, they doesn't look that...

Other than that, I like everything so far :)

Edited by Mafia101

damn some sounds need a mod, but i'm not complaining :p

I'm not complaining too

but its really really ....king true

I am looking forward to the KSK, is there any info (i.e. eJay) about what German vehicles and weapons other than the G36's there will be featured in the game...?

All posts that link to the video removed. Permission was not given for the video to be uploaded to youtube and I've requested directly it be removed.

The preview code is distributed to the press for professional, previewing purposes, making "fan" videos of it to post in our forums is not the professional purposes that the code is released for.

Please do not discuss, upload, share anything that doesn't have prior approval from us.

Video is great, but...

1) Why AI flying so damn low with apache? You can't target s**t on so low attitude. As you saw it moved so fast that you could not hit targets... I know that under the radar stuff but apache is so advanced that don't need direct attack anymore...

You design your missions as you want them. You can set an aircraft to go to any height. Maybe you missed this though but its been in these series since OFP.

And again to the rest of the complaints please remind yourself its a Work In Progress copy.

You design your missions as you want them. You can set an aircraft to go to any height. Maybe you missed this though but its been in these series since OFP.

And again to the rest of the complaints please remind yourself its a Work In Progress copy.

No, I know all that, but I just tough that AI should fly higher by def. anyway it's not issue to me :P

But... I don't get why this video is banned again. OK you right, press previewers don't make fan videos but... homie eJay waited this permission 2 weeks and asked directly from IDEA so I don't get it :confused:

Video removed so don't bash/whine/criticise product which is still on Work in Progress phase. Please stop with all the opinions about what you saw on movie. It was just a little teaser, I did not expect to see such an extreme negative reactions.

Aww why was it removed, I never had chance to view it :-(

Ejay, People are always going to be critical of everything, Maybe its because BIS have always spoiled them?

If people want as much realism as they, Then join then enlist in the armed forces, and complain to them that The boots you are wearing are too new and dont 'look the part'

Holy shit whining? Have you made a mission before? This is completely the mission maker's call, and from the looks of that mission it is user-made.

Oh look the whining response to a negative oppinion.

And i thought ARMA was about unscripted fun, not having to keep it on the rails, would be nice if it acted with a bit of intelligence otherwise, like not flying off into fire.

Video removed so don't bash/whine/criticise product which is still on Work in Progress phase. Please stop with all the opinions about what you saw on movie. It was just a little teaser, I did not expect to see such an extreme negative reactions.

I thought it was a good video showcasing gameplay in Apache helicopters.

And atleast I think it looked good and gave me a nice overview of what to expect when I do Apache flying's with my friend Kickapoo.

AI could be better, yeah. It's not surprise, Arma 2 AI is the same. Hell, the same since Ofp. But for a truly realistic unscripted behavior by an AI pilot... we will have to wait until Arma 3, at least. Arma 2 OA is a slightly bigger than usual expansion, not a new game.

How old is that video? If it's a month or two, it could be a big difference. When they start incorporating approved sections of tested engine builds it can change quite dramatically. We'll see.

How old is that video? If it's a month or two, it could be a big difference. When they start incorporating approved sections of tested engine builds it can change quite dramatically. We'll see.

It was a video from today, but the game build it was made on could be or is very likely not the newest :)

If you dont like the original cover...

Wy not buy the box and print with a high quality paper a new one?

It was a video from today, but the game build it was made on could be or is very likely not the newest :)

Doubt it, ejay waited 2 weeks for permission from Idea Games.

Anyway:

Please stop with all the opinions about what you saw on movie.
It's been said enough so lets do it and either discuss the game itself, or wait for some juicy press ;)