Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

...this is looking more and more like what Resistance was to OFP.

^^ Agreed. With all the new goodies on the one hand, and the overall rather positive previews on the other, OA is shaping up to be pure awesomesauce. :)

Lol, has anyone else seen this pathetic attempt? :p

Makes me lol.

Makes me lol.

:butbut: OMG Sect of Crying Babies. Run for your life!

Makes me lol.

Oh god, I dont even...

makes me lol.

-to supporting the model of continual updates bohemia has set forth with its staple products like team fortress 2.

lolololol!

Makes me lol.

Could someone please post some more info here? I can't access the Steam Community site at the moment, but this seems to be interesting. ;)

Not really, it's just a spoof of the L4D2 boycott but directed at OA.

I'll quote it for you.

Boycotting the expansion Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead until Bohemia fixes the bugs from the original Arma 2.

WE RECOGNIZE:

-Bohemia is a company with financial needs and cannot be expected to survive without the release of new games.

-Judgment cannot be passed on the quality of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead until its release.

-Arma 2 was, and is, a quality game which deserves the praise of the entire gaming community.

WE ARE COMMITTED:

-To holding Bohemia to its promise of free, continual updates to Arma 2 in order to build and sustain the community.

-To keeping the Arma 2 community together in order to improve the quality of online gaming.

-To supporting the model of continual updates Bohemia has set forth with its staple products like Team Fortress 2.

WE BELIEVE:

-The release of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead as a stand-alone sequel will split the communities and decrease the quality of multiplayer gaming.

-The announced content of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead does not warrant a stand-alone, full-priced sequel and should instead become updates (free or otherwise) for Arma 2.

-Arma 2 has not yet received the support and content which Bohemia has repeatedly stated will be delivered.

-The release of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead will make Arma 2 an obsolete purchase and inferior piece of software after only one year since release.

WE REQUEST:

-That Bohemia honor its commitment to release ongoing periodic content for Arma 2.

-That Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead not be released as a stand-alone, full-priced sequel but as either a free update to Arma 2 or an expansion with full compatibility with basic Arma 2 owners.

-That Arma 2 owners be given discounts for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, should it be released as premium content.

Therefore, we - the members of this Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Boycott - promise to abstain from the purchase of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead until our requests are addressed.

Basicly a bunch of wrong information and strange opinions.

Makes me lol.

More like successfull trolling to me.

Haha.

I love how this is not only mocking the L4D2 boycott, but also the "hugely successful" MW2 boycott.

The features list in the wiki puts any other game that´s been released recently to shame in terms of improvements and response to the community, and the direct (if you can call OFDR that) competition went belly up even before they really began their support for it.

I just hope people who stumble over that thing understand that it´s not serious, otherwise that might result in a backfire.

Makes me lol.

joining right now. Thank you for telling :bounce3:

From the comments.

3cd8240f9d358c90da1eae44b1397732922a4114.jpg

*********** posted on January 07, 2010 @ 3:15pm

SNAKE VENOMMMMM RAWR! Do you not realize that this group is a joke? It's mocking the L4D2 boycott :P So far you're the second person to take this seriously...

Thanks Legislator for the quote. :)

More like successfull trolling to me.

Exactly this.

The whole list is total codswallop. Peeps should get informed.

EDIT: So it is a joke. That may seem obvious to some, but this forum has seen more than its fair share of "serious" whiners that sounded just like that list. ;)

Edited by MadDogX

Arma 2 has already a shaky reputation. Some people truly bitch about Arrowhead going to split the community and preventing BIS to fix more things in Arma 2... so where's the joke ?

The idea of fake Boycott could be funny if it was over the top, but it's not obvious enough. I think it will be detrimental to the game.

Bad decision and bad joke I say.

Agreed with EricM, 'jokes' like these can be harmful, and we usually have to deal with it in the form of endless posts/threads in the years to come :D

Anyway, whatever BIS (or anyone) does, it will never satisfy everyone, and it will never be enough, people will always bitch, will always moan, and will always find something to 'discuss' about. Ignorance is bliss in this case :)

That bull about community split and all, like with ACE stable/unstable versions; People make and decide this themselves. However they will always blame "the other party" :D

Did you see this Part about DLC?

Official DLC plans and after release support

As usual, Bohemia will try to provide the best after release support as possible (as our past track record shows). This time, we also have plan to release some significant DLC for OA, more details about these plans will be revealed later.

Does this mean there will be download content we have to pay for??? Seriously you are joining the dark side BIS

I'll quote it for you.

Basicly a bunch of wrong information and strange opinions.

I second that, this boycot is just utter BS.

regards

Does this mean there will be download content we have to pay for??? Seriously you are joining the dark side BIS

I'd have no qualms with it but I don't understand why they'd expect anyone to buy DLC when there's mods out? Maybe by DLC they mean single-player campaigns, that I'm fine with and would buy if they are of a high quality.

This DLC might also be completely free!

DLC can mean anything. By its very definition, patches can be considered DLC. There was a patch for ArmA 1 which added a vareity of new weapons, etc. Not to mention the v1.05 patch for ArmA 2 which added a new mini-campaign and a new aircraft unit (AH-64D). Take for example Queen's Gambit, it didn't add much to the game in my humble opnion. Personally, I didn't even consider it as a full-fledged expansion pack, just DLC. Just my two cents. ;)

Oh, and is that one bloke still waiting for IDEA games' approval to post an Operation Arrowhead video? :(

Edited by Laqueesha

DLC never used to be pay-to-play on the PC. It's only money-whores like Activision and Square Enix which have started to try and milk us like cows. BIS knows the negative reception that would entail, so they won't do it. Unlike said companies, BIS care about their consumer base. ;)

Im fine with DLCs if its really just FREE download Content, like the Apache and Eagle Wing with 1.05

But if the start to sell something just like EA and Activision and all the other Idiots do, I will be really disappointed

Im fine with DLCs if its really just FREE download Content, like the Apache and Eagle Wing with 1.05

But if the start to sell something just like EA and Activision and all the other Idiots do, I will be really disappointed

I don't think this purchasing model would work for ArmA2. Again I think if they're going to publish paid DLC, it's most likely going to be single player campaigns.

BIS know that, so they won't. ;)

Companies like EA, Activision, Codemasters, and Square Enix also know it, but they just completely ignore it as the only thing they focus on is the profit.

What if it's something really good like a whole new faction (British for example). Would you still expect it for free? Would you still think it was an inherently bad thing?

Just because many companies have offered really bad DLC that isn't worth the money doesn't mean that's the only way to do it. I'd pay for a new faction from BIS in a heartbeat.

I'm quite excited about the possibility of paid-for DLC. We know BIS are far too awesome to come out with something average, and they know that because the mod scene is so strong they have to make something really special. We can only win in my opinion.