Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

What else do you want for a cover? Something like QG? :crazy_o:

23u3mv5.jpg

If I recall correctly, that was simply a copied image from Dslyecxi's trailer and the guy only added the titles to it, doing some basic photoshop.

Chillax fellas, it's just a cover. The game is what matters. OFP's wasn't very original or inspired either, they just followed a pattern. :p

its true.

I doubt that Corporal is going to do any damage with his weapon's dust cover closed.

What else do you want for a cover? Something like QG? If I recall correctly, that was simply a copied image from Dslyecxi's trailer and the guy only added the titles to it, doing some basic photoshop. Chillax fellas, it's just a cover. The game is what matters. OFP's wasn't very original or inspired either, they just followed a pattern.

Jeez, that's horrendus. My copy was that of the one below. Still pretty bad, but nowhere near as that of the above cover art.

36823.jpg

Edited by Laqueesha

So, how many € will it cost in Europe???

Less than that of ArmA 2, as the developers stated that it will cost less than that of a full-priced game.

In Sweden so far the price is set to 399Skr (around 42€), and this is about 12€ cheaper than ARMA2 was.

We should change name of this topic to Arrowhead - Crying Babies Thread.

In Sweden so far the price is set to 399Skr (around 42€), and this is about 12€ cheaper than ARMA2 was.
You must be kidding right ? Here in Slovakia the original Arma 2 price was(when released back in June 2009) 32€ or 33€. :eek:

No joke. The double taxes got something to do with it i suspect. :)

499Skr is a standard game, and very hot selling games are 599-699Skr so ARMA2 was at a normal game price. OA seems to be a 100SKr cheaper so far, but i dont know if the shops have the actual price info yet.

here in Denmark i also paided around 45€ for Arma2, but really i even dont mind to pay 50€ for a Bohemia game, the quality and possiblities with their games is worth every cent..! ;)

I personally dont mind how much its going to be, even if they charged the average price It would not be that bad. As long as BIS do a good job on the content they have made I think they deserve every penny :)

Edited by Lt.Chris

Pre ordered Arma2 for 32£ shipment included, quite good price. Just waiting for OA to be avaible on Amazon.co.uk to do it again :bounce3:

Thats what you call a cover BI

You do realize that the Call of Duty franchise has the ability to sell by using just its name where the much lesser known Arma series has to pull every trick in its sleeve that doesn't sacrifice the uniqueness of the game to reach as much audience as possible?

I don't understand why the whole uproar regarding the perfectly suitable as a marketing device cover BI has chosen.

One of the reasons Operation Arrowhead is standalone is that it needs to maximize sales and capture as much as the general public as possible and not cater just to the Arma fans.

Why is that so difficult to understand?

Every so often there is criticizing of the marketing techniques of Bohemia Interactive and a push for more mainstream publicity and advertising stunts by the community, yet there is still this attitude here.

You can't please everyone, so as much as I am concerned I think BI is doing the right thing:

- Attracting as much customers as possible by mainstream-style box art.

- Pleasing the simulation and series fans in the inside of the box.

Don't judge a ... by its cover, especially when the insides are better than the outsides.

Now, I wish the conversation would get back on something more substantial, but seeing that there is little new information available, whining and nitpicking is all that keep this thread going.

:D

)

Lol, dammit, I'm 25 years old and can safely say this isn't first time i've caught myself jammin to "The Tops" in the morning.

[...]Just waiting for OA to be avaible on Amazon.co.uk to do it again :bounce3:

Is OA listed somewhere else already? I wonder that it is not available at Amazon since the release is in late June and iirc Arma2 was listed there two or three months before the actual release. Mh...

For all i care the cover could be completely black and the price could be 100€..... I'M GETTING IT :cool:

lol :p

Thats what you call a cover BI

41HqkIQ4kUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You do know this is a placeholder right? No way they'd use that as cover.

And just imagine trying to sell OA like this! It's not a known series among the game-buying public.

For all i care the cover could be completely black and the price could be 100€..... I'M GETTING IT :cool:

lol :p

THIS!

I will pay 500€ for it like vbs2 lol :D

Mainstream does not equals cheesy, bad taste or lower common denominator.

Actually Modern Warfare 2 and BFBC2 both have super slick covers without screaming grunt, overly busy picture composition and barely readable background (not countring the flag of US version).

I'm in the design business too, and this design tries too hard. It tells me one thing : bargain shooter, with a guy shouting : buy me please or the world will end, look at the mess around me !!! (which freaks me out).

The other two aforementionned best-sellers games both share this mysterious (good, you want to know more), confident looking (good, badass), readable (good, my eye goes to what's important) cover art.

Contrary to what people think, these games do not only sell with their names.

Edited by EricM
Edit : Typos

Contrary to what people think, these games do not only sell with they names.

You're right. Now, they sell with the failure of "that other name". :p

While I agree BFBC2 and MW2 both have excellent covers, I couldn't care less. I've stopped playing both games because both have some seriously gamebreaking issues that aren't being fixed, and are populated with players that are assholes. Arma 2 on the other hand, the cover does not matter to me. The game is great on the inside.