Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Mando missile ;)

It was Mando? I thought it was something else. Oh, well. :D

Maybe thats only 2 different units selected there who knows :)

Yup. ;)

yeah, i suppose it is possible. but still i just find it a bit odd the takistan army and millitia are more uniformed than the US army ;)

i mean seriously, what is up with that guy with his blouse off?! :p

Maybe he's supposed to be *cough*Staff Sergeant Griggs*cough* phew, sorry, my fever has been getting pretty bad lately. :D

Edited by Laqueesha

I don't care who he is, but that looks awesome!

I mean, it may not be super realistic, but I love seeing variation in troops. It made me really happy when I saw that. :D

I don't care who he is, but that looks awesome!

I mean, it may not be super realistic, but I love seeing variation in troops. It made me really happy when I saw that.

I wonder what that unit will be listed as? One can only wonder. :D

Probably team leader or something . Because you know...Only team leaders can look like badasses.

i would like to see that same variation applied to opfor as well. after all, we spend alot more time looking at them than we do blu, allbeit, through gun sights.

after all the opfor are going to be an underfunded under morale regular force, and a irregular guerrilla force. they don't exactly have the most stringent uniform "standards" :p

about the american with no blouse, there is no way he'd get away with that in iraq today. maybe he could in the frontiers of afghanistan. now, if we were thrust into a full on phase3 conflict, i doubt many higher officers would have time to worry if joe there is wearing his uniform properly, and most squad and team leaders (should) trust their guys enough to do what they do. so yeah, its probably "realistic", it just annoys me :p

"whoa, where you goin' there hero! put on 'ur damn blouse!"

edit

OFP,arma, arma2= no background texture, freedom. if it's background texture , that would be 1 step of BI down.

*facepalm* its better with the background. it looks better (realistic), and give the illusion of larger view distances for us that cant affort the 10k

Probably team leader or something . Because you know...Only team leaders can look like badasses.

he looks like a grenadier

Edited by That guy

OFP,arma, arma2= no background texture, freedom. if it's background texture , that would be 1 step of BI down.

im pretty sure that's a background texture.

yeah, i suppose it is possible. but still i just find it a bit odd the takistan army and millitia are more uniformed than the US army ;)

I think the blouseless guy is the grenadier unit (At least in a screenshot in one of the previews he was tagged as such.).

I actually love that one, right because he´s not got the full uniform on. I would think that a dictatorship puts much more effort into keeping their soldiers in line (just look at North Korea) and looking the same, though I don´t know how strictly the US army enforces uniformity while in the field.

im pretty sure that's a background texture.

Makes sense as there was one in the vanilla ArmA 2.

Has there been anything showing off the IR lasers that were mentioned early on? Was that function in the preview code?

Has there been anything showing off the IR lasers that were mentioned early on? Was that function in the preview code?

No.

What I'm curious about is the flashlights .

Flashlights we seen in ACE already. Laser not however. Would really want to see them.

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

ARMA2 has background texture. Its the artificial horizon looking like far away mountains. OA will have the same to give feeling of "air" or "openess" instead of view distance making all white after 2-3000 meters. :) Flying without artificial surroundings makes it all white around you and at least me felt claustrophobic in ArmA1. Lets see how well made it is in OA. So far from the pics it looks good to me.

Flashlights we seen in ACE already. Laser not however. Would really want to see them.

Flashlights in ACE are quite buggy, and do not flawlessly in MP either, so I am eager to see how BIS has done things, and the laser is also new and awesome thing to see :)

Flashlights in ACE are quite buggy, and do not flawlessly in MP either, so I am eager to see how BIS has done things, and the laser is also new and awesome thing to see :)

Yeah, lasing targets at distance can be quite mortal now, will require some skillz...or timing. NV Googles will be even more important

since theres some more time left for good ole polishing here are some of my last requests to BIS.

argh why must that crappy eotech sight model return???? :(

The sight is huge and blocky model and the point is super large, almost pointless to use.

* Work out shadow bugs when zooming, shadow quality on soldiers is awfully low even on Very High settings. pixellated

* HDR settings need to be extremely turned down, night vision goggles atm are pointless to use, when looking at light sources, and when not they're still too dark. This is evident in the FLIR aswell with the new FLIR video out on youtube.

* Adding new graphical settings, such as seperate post process settings, foilage quality seperate from terrain quality, Tree drawdistance would be very helpful option, if I want a 3km viewdistance but dont want to have to render that many pieces of foilage.

* Make sure that all checkpoints and objectives work right, without conflict due to where the player saved last or what his actions were. sometimes rendering a mission incomplete

* Can't see through players head and body when using freelook :p

* If you have time, make the interface for multiplayer better, like being able to have a larger description for the server section being able to read every players name, seeing all the addons required, moar sparkles ugly UI in arma 2 is fugly.

* Add those extra touches like easter eggs, some eggs from that other game, when someone on your team is shot, "as you can see i've taken a bullet to the head. Its nothing serious but I am bleeding badly." :D :rolleyes:

other examples, a statue of AnimalMother inside one of the Takistani houses, or a poster of him.

On the Garbage trucks the name of the company can be called...

"Crap Management" to parody Waste Management.

Dont forget to let the heading in the Credits run Twice so you can make that fix TOP PRIORITY for the first patch. NICE....

* Make sure all the new weapon reload animations are interruptable incase you need to do a fast weapon swap.

* Make sure the new "knifing melee" cant destory a building instantly like the M203 was able to.

* Make shells that are ejected from tanks for example bounce of ground, and put back in vehicle tracks on the ground.